PSP 1.5 Hacked

I tried loading Soukyuu no Fafner off my memory stick using 2.5b. It froze at the last step of the loader... I left it for a few minutes before switching it off. When I turned it back on, the PSP couldn't detect the memory stick any more.

That's right. My 1gb, $150 memory stick is fried :cry:

Hopefully its still covered under warranty; I'll find out tomorrow. But let this be a warning to all-- if you aren't prepared to have damaged hardware, don't use homebrew.

586199613[/snapback]

umm

format the mem stick inside the psp. worked for me

We are very proud to bring you all, the wab ms launcher 2.5b sources.

We hope you will learn a lot with this code and perhaps build your own

launcher from this.

Thank to psp-dev for faireplay :(

Since now, we pause all our psp developpemnt.

We need to think about re-organition of internal work

(two leak in less than 2 weeks)

Keep the scene clean....

See ya....

Wab Team.

from wab.com

Sadness. :(

I tried loading Soukyuu no Fafner off my memory stick using 2.5b. It froze at the last step of the loader... I left it for a few minutes before switching it off. When I turned it back on, the PSP couldn't detect the memory stick any more.

That's right. My 1gb, $150 memory stick is fried :cry:

Hopefully its still covered under warranty; I'll find out tomorrow. But let this be a warning to all-- if you aren't prepared to have damaged hardware, don't use homebrew.

586199613[/snapback]

have you tried formatting? i'm sure it's fine...

please let us know.

no problems at all here though, but i don't use wabs stuff, i just use the regular loader.

We Are Back! After a 2 hour and 18 minute long retreat from the PSP scene, WAB has returned, rested and ready to rock. Perhaps it was a joke or they were serious, but coming out of their group huddle they marched back with a brand new bag. This time they have given the secret for a downgrader on 1.51 and 1.52 firmwares. In the readme they state this:

?^_^ Kernel Flash device

"lflash0:0,0"

"lflash0:0,1"

"lflash0:0,2"

"lflash0:0,3"

"fatfmt"

"flash0:"

"flash1:"

"flashfat2:"

"flashfat3:"

//Updater Version Checker

release:1.00:.build:89,0,3,1,0:root@psp-vsh

system:17756@release_103a,0x01000300:

vsh:p4231@updater_for_day1,v11488@updater_for_day1,20050304:

//?

They go on to say about the halting in the PSP scene: ?We just make a little halt about psp releasing "in progress" stuff to public or friends... Sorry....?

The excerpt was taken from a readme with the file WAB_DATA.ELF_UPDATER_1.50_DECRYPTED.elf.

Note: This file will NOT downgrade your firmware, it's for developers to use who wish to examine this as a starting point for downgrading.

Yay!

I don't think they are working on a downgrader personally. They mentioned it was a hint on a way to start working on one, didn't sound like they were.

have you tried formatting?  i'm sure it's fine...

please let us know.

no problems at all here though, but i don't use wabs stuff, i just use the regular loader.

586201816[/snapback]

Yeah, I have tried formatting.

When I insert the memory stick into my PSP, the orange light continually blinks. When I go to format the memory stick from inside the PSP, it says that there's no memory stick inserted. When I hook it up to USB and try to go to I: (or format it) it tells me to insert a disk into the drive. I've tried it in a standalone card reader and it isn't detected there either.

Major pain in the ass... but you can bet that the first thing I'll do when I get the replacement is download homebrew again ;)

I don't think they are working on a downgrader personally. They mentioned it was a hint on a way to start working on one, didn't sound like they were.

586204903[/snapback]

no they're not working on it, they're releasing this so hopefuly someone will

If there is anybody here who can help me out, I'm having a few problems putting more than 1 game on my 512mb stick. At the moment Brochaos and I have been trying to hookup getting it done but we haven't been able to on msn (still on atm and will be tomorrow night and the night after that :D), so if anybody else has some free time pm me or something.

If there is anybody here who can help me out, I'm having a few problems putting more than 1 game on my 512mb stick. At the moment Brochaos and I have been trying to hookup getting it done but we haven't been able to on msn (still on atm and will be tomorrow night and the night after that :D), so if anybody else has some free time pm me or something.

586210556[/snapback]

Ummm, via wab method 2.5 or regular boot.bins that have been hex edited to relink the prx's to specific umd drives based on specific location folders?

Well either way alpha because I don't want to mses with the 2.5d method (the newest one) and I haven't manually tried using the hex edit way either. I'll pm you some info to give you a better idea.

can someone link me to a tutorial on removing the broken icons from the menu?

586213332[/snapback]

http://www.psp-spot.com/forums/index.php?s...=901&hl=corrupt

this works! very cool, but you don't have to follow the rules as closely.

1) folders can be named anything you want (capital letters, lower case letters can be mixed) but can be no longer than 5 letters long.

2) for the main folder, there must be 32 characters. the folder name can be as long as you want it, but you must fill the remaining space with underscores "_" and a "1" at the end. examples:

PSPer__________________________1

FTPD___________________________1

Vnc____________________________1

fa_____________________________1

3) for the % folder, there must be 9 characters. again, you can use any folder name you wish but you must fill the remaining space in with underscores "_" and a "~1%" at the end. examples:

PSPer_~1%

FTPD__~1%

Vnc___~1%

fa____~1%

and i tried running all my programs and so far everything appears to be running fine after just renaming them!

i hate the renaming crap, it doens't work with every program...

my method: drap all folders with a "%" in them off of your memory stick, and then copy them back. now all corrupted will be at the bottom.

Yeah, I have tried formatting.

When I insert the memory stick into my PSP, the orange light continually blinks. When I go to format the memory stick from inside the PSP, it says that there's no memory stick inserted. When I hook it up to USB and try to go to I: (or format it) it tells me to insert a disk into the drive. I've tried it in a standalone card reader and it isn't detected there either.

Major pain in the ass... but you can bet that the first thing I'll do when I get the replacement is download homebrew again ;)

586205340[/snapback]

Edit: My bad. Didnt know you tried it in a card reader. Sorry for your loss...

BroChaos got that email you sent me so if your avalible I'm ready to get any help you wanna dish out on msn. Thanks!

Edit: If you could get on BroChaos that zip file for Lumines patched the game so I don't have sound anymore, is their a way I can use that patch and still keep the sound?

Edited by mystic-shadow

Due to the loaders being used by people blatantly for piracy, ive decided not to offer assistance.

586222728[/snapback]

Not really alpha, for those people that acutally OWN their games they are backing up, loaders are a nice help. I know loaders have helped me out because know I don't have to carry around 2 of my games (the 3rd one won't fit on my MS). Now I don't have to worry about losing discs:D. For those who do use them for piracy well that's disapointing but some people were going to use loaders for piracy no matter what.

Not really alpha, for those people that acutally OWN their games they are backing up, loaders are a nice help. I know loaders have helped me out because know I don't have to carry around 2 of my games (the 3rd one won't fit on my MS). Now I don't have to worry about losing discs:D. For those who do use them for piracy well that's disapointing but some people were going to use loaders for piracy no matter what.

586223086[/snapback]

not only that but loading from the umd is really slow but loading from the card is FAST