Apple Mac OS X 10.4.1 for Intel hits piracy sites

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree 100% percent with you except on the notion that apple will jump over to AMD.  I mean comon do you really think in the signed agreement there is any lee way for that?  I doubt intel would allow that especially since they are making such a huge commitment to each other.

586056246[/snapback]

If you were an Apple stakeholder having already been screwed by Freescale (n?e Motorola) and

IBM would you be in a huge hurry to tie yourself to Intel for any significant length of time?

There's no technical reason OS X couldn't run on AMD hardware and I don't think Apple would be

very gung-ho to create artificial business reasons that it couldn't. Of course 2 weeks ago I didn't

think Apple would move to x86 chips either so my knowledge of this business is suspect at best.

it will leak at some point, but with apple making this big of a move to intel most are asking if it will run on a pc, I dont think apple will be even stupider. So I would imagine that it prolly wont run on a pc or at least very well. Apple has been know for making smart moves

here is some info on apples proccesor plans http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2005/06/20050609212020.shtml

here are the specs of the mac intel comps, they do run windows fine

Minor highlights:

- "the thing is fast". All iLife apps are already universal binaries

- Pentium 4 660 at 3.6GHz, but will not be used in the shipping product (of course, since the high end Intel-Mac is 2 years away)

- DDR-2 RAM at 533. SATA-2.

- Presently uses the Intel GMA 900 integrated graphics chip set which supports Quartz Extreme.

- Regular video cards will be supported, but need drivers

- No Open Firmware. Uses Phoenix BIOS.

If you were an Apple stakeholder having already been screwed by Freescale (n?e Motorola) and

IBM would you be in a huge hurry to tie yourself to Intel for any significant length of time?

586056325[/snapback]

But do you understand my point?

But do you understand my point?

586056528[/snapback]

Yes I understand the point you were making, I just don't think it's likely.

Is there any reason for Apple to sign a deal to stick exclusively with Intel (or IBM/Freescale) processors for <pick a time>? If there is a reason that I can't think of, do you think Apple's corporate types would go for such a deal in light of their previous experiences with other major CPU manufacturers? I don't.

This isn't really a huge commitment for Intel. Dell will ship more systems with Intel processors by the end of the month than Apple will ship with any processor all year. Intel's other major customers: HP & IBM/Lenovo wil also ship more Intel CPUs by months end than Apple will ship computers before the first x86 Mac comes out.

If Apple doesn't want such a deal, and Intel doesn't really need it - why would either company stick on it? I can see Apple having recieved a discount in exchange for shipping say 2 million CPUs by 2008, but that's fairly standard volume purchase fare. If they did sign on to use only Intel chips that clause is likely to expire long before AMD became leaps and bounds better than Intel by whatever metrics were important to Apple (performance/watt, production capacity, cost/cpu, whatever).

Nah -- It's a real leak, me and a couple of my online friends are running it.

I'm not going to give you a screenshot, or tell you where or how I got it though.. Hope you beleive me.

---

Lol, I'm burning the iso right now -- if I see an ass -- I'm gonna be ****ED.

I'm not going to give you a screenshot, or tell you where or how I got it though.. Hope you beleive me.

---

586056721[/snapback]

The only thing you have is an enormous pile of ghey

---

586056721[/snapback]

What system are you using to run it?

I wonder if this leak will work on amd 64

---

586056721[/snapback]

How can you be "running it" yet you are only in the process of burning it?

Guys.. Sarcasm.

I just booted the iso from Mac.OS.X.Tiger.X86.READNFO-XISO. All it is is a picture of a guy showing his ######. It's fake, yet it still has over 1300 Leechers.

Just know that NOBODY is showing decent proof after a whole day... Just wait.

I just booted the iso from Mac.OS.X.Tiger.X86.READNFO-XISO.  All it is is a picture of a guy showing his ######.  It's fake, yet it still has over 1300 Leechers.

586056811[/snapback]

Argh, you got pwned.

anyone out there not surprised by the fact they kept the fact they where doing this hidden for five years (making an intel build of OSX) ?

anyone out there not surprised by the fact they kept the fact they where doing this hidden for five years (making an intel build of OSX) ?

586057018[/snapback]

Not really to be honest. Steve jobs already mentioned somtiem back that "it is an option". And I'd think many companies would do this kind of stuff for experimental purposes anyways.

This thread has been cleaned, I don't want to see NFO's or information about illegal release groups - or you'll know what will happen to you.[/b]b>

Radish?

586054984[/snapback]

Not tyo sound rude or stupid , but i dont know why that line from Radish cracked me;)p ;)

Could a newer version of OS X be ready so soon after an official transition announcement? Or do you think this is a marketing scheme on Apple?s behalf to draw even more attention to the recent news?

Every build of OS X since the first release has been also compiled for the x86 platform. So OS X is ready to run even when Steve noted during the keynote, that 'we just need your [the developers] help to finish it'. Marketing scheme on Apple's behalf to draw even more attention to the recent news? Why? I don't think Apple need more attention. They have already enough.

The big bang is over, so let's get back to business. Apple is switching to Intel. And?

The soul of a Mac is its operating system.

I think many people have simply ignored the last, but most important message from Steve at the end of his keynote.

When Microsoft is just trying to fight in its 3 battles Apple is winning 2 and starting an advanced war:

Microsoft:

1 - Longhorn must be finished sometime in this decade (Too ugly to be true);

2 - MS needs to invade the music market, but how?

3 - MS is only software and it can be pirated.

Apple:

1 - Tiger is running and making Windows users dream;

2 - Apple dominates the music market;

3 - Apple is hardware and uses OSX to promote the plataform.

Who's winning and who needs help?

:whistle:

Please stop posting on the torrents being fake

We have had 17 pages of discussion on this leak -- and so far there hasn't been a notable leak to any of the p2p services as we know it.

Not only do we not have confirmation of their being a leak in the first place, but we have no real leak of this OS compiled for intel processors.

I really don't want to make a call -- but in all likelihood, it's possible something may have leaked -- but the article claimed the leak was being distributed at a fast pace through IRC and p2p networks -- oddly enough, only a fake file was spread. Yes, there are no real people who have a legitimate download of this as we know of, the only people claiming to are a bunch of 12 year-old trolls.

So knowing that, get used to hanging around in windows for a long while. Don't get made, we have longhorn beta's just around the corner. :o)

Please stop posting on the torrents being fake

We have had 17 pages of discussion on this leak -- and so far there hasn't been a notable leak to any of the p2p services as we know it.

Not only do we not have confirmation of their being a leak in the first place, but we have no real leak of this OS compiled for intel processors.

I really don't want to make a call -- but in all likelihood, it's possible something may have leaked -- but the article claimed the leak was being distributed at a fast pace through IRC and p2p networks -- oddly enough, only a fake file was spread. Yes, there are no real people who have a legitimate download of this as we know of, the only people claiming to are a bunch of 12 year-old trolls.

So knowing that, get used to hanging around in windows for a long while.? Don't get made, we have longhorn beta's just around the corner.:oo)

586057528[/snapback]

But several copies of Mac OS X 10.4.1 are being used by developers.

The Transition Kit includes a Power Mac with a normal P4 3.6 for tests.

Everybody can imagine that at least one of these copies will be online on p2p networks. And it's good for Apple because they sell hardware and millions of Windoze users are just waiting to have their almost-Mac.

Uncle Jobs is just shaking the market! :DD

well whoda thort that most of the users that were downloading this got tricked by a bunch of kids LMFAO!.

if it looks to good to be true chances are it a FAKE download.

But several copies of Mac OS X 10.4.1 are being used by developers.

The Transition Kit includes a Power Mac with a normal P4 3.6 for tests.

Everybody can imagine that at least one of these copies will be online on p2p networks. And it's good for Apple because they sell hardware and millions of Windoze users are just waiting to have their almost-Mac.

Uncle Jobs is just shaking the market!  :D

586057541[/snapback]

Yah, but they hjaven't been sent out yet.