Apple Mac OS X 10.4.1 for Intel hits piracy sites

When Microsoft is just trying to fight in its 3 battles Apple is winning 2 and starting an advanced war:

Microsoft:

1 - Longhorn must be finished sometime in this decade (Too ugly to be true);

2 - MS needs to invade the music market, but how?

3 - MS is only software and it can be pirated.

Apple:

1 - Tiger is running and making Windows users dream;

2 - Apple dominates the music market;

3 - Apple is hardware and uses OSX to promote the plataform.

Who's winning and who needs help?

:whistle:

586057527[/snapback]

Two words... Market Share :yes:

P.S. Just seen Terry Nutkins when i was getting my lunch!

LMFAO

" * First, you have to obtain a copy of GAYNIGGERS FROM OUTER SPACE THE MOVIE and watch it. You can download the movie (~130mb) using BitTorrent.

* Second, you need to succeed in posting a GNAA First Post on slashdot.org, a popular "news for trolls" website.

* Third, you need to join the official GNAA irc channel #GNAA on irc.gnaa.us, and apply for membership.

"

These GNAA guys are freaking hilarious -- Trolling slashdot, outspace? Jesus, This people are genius. LMFAO!!11one!!111

Well, whether is has been, or will be, leaked completely aside, it would be good if Apple DID release a special DEV only edition for us poor schmoes who'd love to try developing for the Mac, but cannot afford one...

Apple say they support open-source. They could help that along if they did this. Fine, make it limited, don't allow updates to it, don't provide support, but at least give us SOMETHING so we can develop for these machines! Hell, charge us for it if you want, I just want to try the thing and see what it's like to program with.

Plus... If current x86 users could try it out for a while (time limited copy?), there's a good chance when the Mactel models ARE released, people will buy them instead of a new Dell, especially if you can run Windows on it too!

Microsoft:

1 - Longhorn must be finished sometime in this decade (Too ugly to be true);

2 - MS needs to invade the music market, but how?

3 - MS is only software and it can be pirated.

Apple:

1 - Tiger is running and making Windows users dream;

2 - Apple dominates the music market;

3 - Apple is hardware and uses OSX to promote the plataform.

Who's winning and who needs help?

Apple = 2.5% market share

Windows et al = 97.5%

Ehm, who needs help?

LMFAO

"    * First, you have to obtain a copy of GAYNIGGERS FROM OUTER SPACE THE MOVIE and watch it. You can download the movie (~130mb) using BitTorrent.

* Second, you need to succeed in posting a GNAA First Post on slashdot.org, a popular "news for trolls" website.

* Third, you need to join the official GNAA irc channel #GNAA on irc.gnaa.us, and apply for membership.

"

These GNAA guys are freaking hilarious -- Trolling slashdot, outspace? Jesus, This people are genius. LMFAO!!11one!!111

586058069[/snapback]

You obviously don't get out much. Seriously, have you ever spoken to a girl without giving her your credit card number?

whoa!!! now thats pretty good proof if you ask me...

so it looks like it has drivers for more than just the intel systems that they sent out?? funky!!

You obviously don't get out much. Seriously, have you ever spoken to a girl without giving her your credit card number?

586058189[/snapback]

Was thinking something along those lines :unsure:

this is interesting

wonder if they allow hotlinking..

we'll see..

What codec is that .MOV file boss? My QT is choking on that one. I'm going to subscribe to this thread, but I'm hoping the install only looks for an Intel chip since I'm rocking my A64 :)

586058189[/snapback]

Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that outside the program before. Because that's what the dog said on the show right? Isn't it? Without giving her your credit card number. And, and yet you've taken that and used it out of context to insult him in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart boy you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. That's so fresh too. Any, any Titanic jokes you want to throw at us too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. God you're so funny!

- Stewie

That could be PearPC.

It did look kinda slow.

586058658[/snapback]

Really? I thought that was a pretty fast boot-up really.

Also, I'm thinking if these are basic Intel systems, or included basic Intel drivers, it'll be pretty easy to emulate the hardware at the very least.

these videos make me all warm on the inside......

specially considering that all my hardware is supported on Darwin....

Apple = 2.5% market share

Windows et al = 97.5%

Ehm, who needs help?

586058200[/snapback]

Today. Just like Ferrari and VW. :sleep:

One thing I have noticed in that video is the fact that the mouse cursor at a point jumps from the top left corner to the right side...also there are a bunch of real Mac's in the back of the screen they could have just somehow mirrored the screen.

well There is still one possibility no one yet raised!

what about emulation, if OSX x86 is going to be hardware locked, can't it be emulated, & without need for altivec & ppc instructions it would just fly!

Just think about those sad PearPC devolopers who just don't really have a project, now, will they continue to bang the dead horse & emulate PPC, or will they just start working on a version to support OSX on our lovely PC's!!! :devil:

Sure it could be a mirrored display but the video editor would have to go back in and modify each frame to say "Intel" instead of PowerPC.

PearPC also emulates a G3 so in that case About This Mac would say that.

I'd be really convinced if I saw System Profiler in action.

i havent seen the video, only the pictues but couldnt he jus be running the mini mac though the laptop's aux dsub or dvi-d and used xcode to make the intel p4 thing?

this is interesting

wonder if they allow hotlinking..

we'll see..

intel2.jpg

intel3.jpg

and here's a video..

but i can't watch it because im at school..

http://maconmac.bastix.net/intel.mov

(can someone convert it to wmv? please)

586058594[/snapback]

i downloaded the video, but it quicktime won't play it. ideas???