• 3)Jim Brown
    • 4)3. Barry Sanders
    • 5)O.J. Simpson
    • 6)John Riggins
    • 7)Gayle Sayers
    • 8)Marcus Allen
    • 9)eric dickerson
    • 10)other

If Barry didn't retire early becuase he got sick of playing for a loser he would have easily had the all-time rushing record. In my lifetime I've never seen anyone make people miss like he did. I had to vote for him.

O and I'm sensing a pattern in these polls. I think you can skip WR. If anyone doesn't think its Rice they MUST be crazy :p

Edited by bigbluepride35

I don't think Rice is, but that's another thread.

Walter Payton. Hands down. Barry can't hold a candle to Payton. Payton had teams that were worse than barry's, and he wasn't a quitter like Barry is.

Hard question. Emmitt its the best in number (And he is my life.time hero since childhood), Jim Brown in style (Yeah, he was even better than Sanders) but I think Terrel Davis its the true best. He got it all, patience to attack the line, style, quickness, etc. Too bad about his injury :( The season he got 2000+ yards was my fav season by any RB I have ever seen, even more than the season Emmitt scored rushing 25 TD's

Everyone says that Emmitt has all those records because his offensive line. Obviously they dont know how difficult its to have patience and attack the line at running.

I would put Emmitt probably 4th or 5th. I chose Barry since he is my favorite player, but I wouldn't disagree if Payton was up there also.

Barry Sanders was the best. YEah, even though the rest of his team were a bunch of losers. He carried that team even though they never went to the Super Bowl. He still had better moves than Emmitt Smith. He retired way to soon, he should have been traded to a better team.

well, in terms of numbers it's obviously emmit, you can't argue that. but i'd rather watch paint dry than emmit run the ball. most boring RB in the history of the NFL.

for me, payton takes the cake, hands down.

well, in terms of numbers it's obviously emmit, you can't argue that.  but i'd rather watch paint dry than emmit run the ball.  most boring RB in the history of the NFL. 

for me, payton takes the cake, hands down.

586133159[/snapback]

Oh please! He was extremelly skilled at attacking the line, thats the hardes thing you can do in the RB position. Who cares if he is not all that of a show?

Ironically 3 of his tds are in the NFL's 50 most impressive TD's of all time :rolleyes:

90% of emmits rushes were like 3 yard runs up the middle....

and who's list of best touchdowns? do you have a link? just cuz someone has a list doens't mean it's the de facto standard...

90% of emmits rushes were like 3 yard runs up the middle....

and who's list of best touchdowns?  do you have a link?  just cuz someone has a list doens't mean it's the de facto standard...

586133323[/snapback]

The modern Emmitt that you know run 3 yards. The 90's cowboys Emmitt Averaged 4.7 yards.

The list was made by ESPN in association with the HOF. I used to have that documental.

Let me refresh my memory. I am thknking about this Vikings player. I dont remember if it was a Running back or Fullback. He mastered the "spin" and was known about that!

Sanders was a big ######...Sweetness (Payton) never complained about being on a bad team...

586133402[/snapback]

Both Sanders and Payton dont hold a candle to Jim Brown :p

Barry Sanders was the best. YEah, even though the rest of his team were a bunch of losers. He carried that team even though they never went to the Super Bowl. He still had better moves than Emmitt Smith. He retired way to soon, he should have been traded to a better team.

586132774[/snapback]

Sanders was a big ######...Sweetness (Payton) never complained about being on a bad team...

Why Davis got that nasty injure!!!! WHY!!!!

He was destined to be a legend goddamnit!!!

586133402[/snapback]

The difference was Detroit was on a downhill spiral towards the end of Sanders career while Payton's end came roughly a year off of a Superbowl win. If I only had a few years left, I would also demand a trade for a chance to win the Superbowl rather than pound my body into the ground for a team with no chance.

I don't think Rice is, but that's another thread.

586132346[/snapback]

Well I'm sure that poll IS coming then.

While attitude may influence how you feel about a player it doesn't reflect how good he is/was. I mean I'm not going to argue AGAINST Payton. Like I said, I picked Sanders because I saw enough of him, unlike Payton or Brown. But I find it hard for people to argue against Barry Bonds being top 3 if not THE best player in baseball (despite the fact that he's an ass).

Can anyone help me with my question?

If you're talking about the Vikings player the only person I could think of is Herschel Walker but he was past his prime when he went to them so I'm not sure.

Edited by bigbluepride35

Well I'm sure that poll IS coming then.

While attitude may influence how you feel about a player it doesn't reflect how good he is/was. I mean I'm not going to argue AGAINST Payton. Like I said, I picked Sanders because I saw enough of him, unlike Payton or Brown. But I find it hard for people to argue against Barry Bonds being top 3 if not THE best player in baseball (despite the fact that he's an ass).

If you're talking about the Vikings player the only person I could think of is Herschel Walker but he was past his prime when he went to them so I'm not sure.

586133600[/snapback]

No, he is not. Its was way before Walker

Imagine Sanders with the Cowboys line that Emmitt had. Unstoppable.

586133441[/snapback]

Biggest misconception in the world right there.

Sanders wouldn't know what to do with a line like that as he never was a north south runner.

And Emmitt's line was only dominant for about 4 years. People always think this line lasted 14 years.