Longhorn Beta1 Invites are out!

All Expert Zone community members? Are you kidding me? Community leaders probably, but I don't know of any promises made to members.

Who promised that you'd automatically be included? Any links or email excerpts?

586186154[/snapback]

Further, they haven't sent out all the invites yet. They still have the rest of the weekend, and a good part of next week. (And that's just for beta 1, which is usually the *smallest* group of testers.) More *will* be added post-beta 1. (And remember, it's beta *2* that will be the real high-water mark, as that build will have most of the feature set and drivers in place.).

I am SOO ****ed off right now. I just broke my $40 keyboard because I hit it out of rage. I have tested countless programs for microsoft and those ******s do this to me? Bull****.

do u think siging up with firefox was a bad idea? :rolleyes:

586185175[/snapback]

Users requesting downloads from Microsoft Connect must have Microsoft File Transfer Manager installed. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, you will be asked to install FTM with just a click the first time you request a download. Netscape and Firefox users must go to the following site and request FTM for their first download: http://transfers.one.microsoft.com/ftm/

https://connect.microsoft.com/faq.aspx

Just sent an e-mail to the e-mail address indicated on Connect. It is the oddest thing that I didn't receive an invite e-mail, I know I shouldve gotten an invite, maybe my mailserver was down at the time or my e-mail client deleted it.

I'm quite dissapointed I didn't get in. I at least hope there is a separate beta programme for IE7, as I have lots of suggestions for that.

:| You need some chocolate.

586185051[/snapback]

Is there a chance that they may extend their invitations to people who have Beta tested other software? (I was a tester for Microsoft Student 2006 and submitted bugs)

586186141[/snapback]

oh well, i want it, and will get it :devil: %#^#leak^%#

i really wanted MStudent '06 very jealous of you ;)

This must be a sign its not far away then. Congrats to those who got in!

Wow haha, I find it funny how mad some of you are :D This is just the tech beta, chill the hell out. This is just a smaller group, and I'll say again that it's mainly people who signed up at WinHEC, MVPs, people who know someone at MS, and maybe a few others. It's not going to be the average person, and certainly not someone who has never, or barely ever tested for them before. You'll all get your chance so calm down. Besides, I don't think not testing a program on your computer is going to be the end of your life :rolleyes:

Hmm, I'm pretty suprised I got passed up. I'm a Server2003/R2/OneCare/XPx64 tester...maybe they thing I have my hands full?

Also, shouldn't this be moved to Back Page News, as we can expect a flood of new users and traffic due to the coming release...and leak.

586185861[/snapback]

Same here, I'm registered on x64/R2/OneCare, and I haven't got an invite....

Wow haha, I find it funny how mad some of you are :D This is just the tech beta, chill the hell out. This is just a smaller group, and I'll say again that it's mainly people who signed up at WinHEC, MVPs, people who know someone at MS, and maybe a few others. It's not going to be the average person, and certainly not someone who has never, or barely ever tested for them before. You'll all get your chance so calm down. Besides, I don't think not testing a program on your computer is going to be the end of your life  :rolleyes:

586186438[/snapback]

Very true.

thanks i signed up in firefox, so basically is there anyway to submit those surveys still to enroll in longhorn

586185180[/snapback]

i signed up too, theres nothing on there after you sign up :pinch:

this invite was sent to a small number of testers. a larger pool of testers should get more invites somewhere down the road -- at Beta 2 at the latest, if not before that.

I got a feeling that M$ will do the customer preview thing again around/after beta2 where you pay shipping and they send you beta2, RC1 and RC2. Remember a freind was on that one cost something like $15/20.

I was there, during the launch of Expert Zone. Tony Hynes promised us. Were you there too?

*If* I had email evidence I certainly would not post it here.

586186170[/snapback]

that's true, TH said that and also that was on the welcome aboard email they send to all of us going to the EZ Launch back on April 2001 in Redmond... :happy: ;)

I got a feeling that M$ will do the customer preview thing again around/after beta2 where you pay shipping and they send you beta2, RC1 and RC2. Remember a freind was on that one cost something like $15/20.

586186845[/snapback]

that's a normal thing to do at MS, once the product is almost ready for prime time they use to come out with this sort of customer preview program... :yes:

I am SOO ****ed off right now.  I just broke my $40 keyboard because I hit it out of rage.  I have tested countless programs for microsoft and those ******s do this to me?  Bull****.

586186247[/snapback]

You have to be kidding me. Get over it. Does your life really revolve around running some buggy operating system?

586186845[/snapback]

I know that is speculation on your part, but does anyone have any official information on something like this?

I would love to test out Longhorn, but my days of downloading illegal builds are long gone.

Who cares  beta 1 is said to be 511x builds while a 5203 is leaking so forget the beta anything they get will be leaked so.

586187831[/snapback]

Don't be so sure 5203 is leaking. To me it's looking more and more like someone from the inside just took a few pics for a friend, and less like anyone actually has to build. Although it does look very nice :)

You have to be kidding me. Get over it. Does your life really revolve around running some buggy operating system?

586187116[/snapback]

:laugh: Well said. So true. I'm over it. :yes:

If they want me, they know my details, if no. I'm not going to beg - it's just not my style.

I am SOO ****ed off right now.  I just broke my $40 keyboard because I hit it out of rage.  I have tested countless programs for microsoft and those ******s do this to me?  Bull****.

586186247[/snapback]

Get a life :unsure: