Longhorn Beta1 Invites are out!

The person who posted the screenshots is NOT going to leak the build (Yes I talked to him). So don't count on it leaking unless someone else gets a copy.

It's amusing how so many people assume that MS sends out all invitations at the same instant and then just slumbers until next year's Beta 2. Allow for the possibility that there will be more next week and then in the coming weeks when the test actually opens and they graduate to a larger pool.

Same here, I'm registered on x64/R2/OneCare, and I haven't got an invite....

586186443[/snapback]

Interesting that you say that you are registered on onecare considering it hasn't started yet. I am guessing you filled out the beta survey for it using the guest id?

I know that some of us have been accepted to it already (myself included), we are just waiting for the beta to begin later this month.

If I do get an invite I'm really going to work harder at testing. I was a little over my head with Data Protection Manager 2006 at times as well as Windows Server 2003 R2.

If I do get an invite I'm really going to work harder at testing. I was a little over my head with Data Protection Manager 2006 at times as well as  Windows Server 2003 R2.

586189067[/snapback]

I am/was in the DPM also and mostly was beyond me also. I dedicated a second machine to playing with it although its really meant for servers and such. To bad I am not in a bigger setup, I think I could have been more of a help.

"It's amusing how so many people assume that MS sends out all invitations at the same instant and then just slumbers until next year's Beta 2. Allow for the possibility that there will be more next week and then in the coming weeks when the test actually opens and they graduate to a larger pool. "

Very true, something this big has a staggerd invite... Sites said even with the amount invited already the connect website was working very slowly. I would expect the invites to continue to mid-week, if not beyond that.

"It's amusing how so many people assume that MS sends out all invitations at the same instant and then just slumbers until next year's Beta 2. Allow for the possibility that there will be more next week and then in the coming weeks when the test actually opens and they graduate to a larger pool. "

Very true, something this big has a staggerd invite... Sites said even with the amount invited already the connect website was working very slowly. I would expect the invites to continue to mid-week, if not beyond that.

586192499[/snapback]

It would be cool to play with Beta's of Longhorn. My invite may still be in the "ether" after all I've tested every Windows release since Windows98. :cool:

R2 beta will hopefully be added LH R2.

This means they get added with Longhorn beta's client and server based system for further rigerous testing...

Hope i help :)

R2 beta will hopefully be added LH R2.

This means they get added with Longhorn beta's client and server based system for further rigerous testing...

Hope i help :)

586205264[/snapback]

I just finished testing Windows XP 64 - and today I noticed a "Contact Info: Potential Testers Requests: Confirmation" in my betaplace. :unsure:

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but you can find the beta on LimeWire. Serious, just do a search. Now downloading it is a different story! Wonder if they even work . . . :devil:

So screw the invites!

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but you can find the beta on LimeWire. Serious, just do a search. Now downloading it is a different story! Wonder if they even work . . .  :devil:

So screw the invites!

586205654[/snapback]

:laugh: While I'm not going to download builds illegally, I will wait in case my invite was "stuck in the ether" somewhere. ;)

I hope I do get in sometime but really. What am I really missing? Not much really. Neowin will keep me updated on the progress of the beta and screenshots anyway. Well, at least Paul Thurrott will for sure. :D