Vxp - WIP

OK, i think im done with Taskbar, shown are Default state (Beige) , Hot state (Blue) Active state (Green) and Flash button (Orange) also new tray area and Default Start button state.

All designed to be easy on the eyes and easy to use.

Hope this meets with most peoples approval i spent quite a while on it today.

:D

post-43522-1121734765_thumb.jpg

Probably cos it also is a classic mod?.. anyway, been at this all day, made some good progress, but, gotta be up at six.

nite folks.

Geez, i never sever sleep.. thanks man.. i appreciate that.

If i were to confine myself to one style of themeing i'd have lost my mind a long time ago, This was an interesting project for me to tackle because i always have been and probably will be a maximist as far as theme design goes. I would like to show however that no matter what type of VS i embark upon, that i can pull it off and pull it off with some style and more importantly ..Quality.

I expect that this VS pretty dang good when its complete..so stay tuned.. i might just surprise a few of you by the time im done. ;)

Did i mention..im not selling this theme? :laugh:

finished logoffs and changed start panel slightly, taskbar 95 % done too (orange is flash button)

Caption buttons continue to elude me.. :ninja:

post-43522-1121818311_thumb.jpg

While working along with Winswy on this one I can honestly say that you are all going to love this. Winswy and my style usually clash as I am a minimalist and he typically is not but when he releases this bad boy it will definately be on my desk for quite some time.

finished logoffs and changed start panel slightly, taskbar 95 % done too (orange is flash button)

Caption buttons continue to elude me.. :ninja:

586239618[/snapback]

I have been teased... :ninja:

i haven't directly compared or read this whole thread.

but the first thing i saw was a crappy looking code opus, kind of fuzzy, too many differents types of edges and colors, and it just aint no opus ;)

also winswy you're a little too high on yourself, seriously. it's not very minimal and classic looking, it still has alot of obvious chunky 1995 style too it like you usually do.

it's not that quality, and this is coming from someone who sees the great quality in themes like reluna, opus os, codename opus, etc etc. the style you speak of isn't that great, since it's fuzzy as hell and really resembles some b0se themes.

no offense.

you have a ways to go.

thanks for the great comments all throught the thread by everyone, im steady working on this.

@ Kleaie, sorry but you don't know what your talking about IMO, there is NOTHING "fuzzy" in this VS, all the edges are the same, rounded. and as far as chunky?.. there are NO bevels more than 2 pixels in the entire theme. The colors that are used are classic windows colors.

Its my interpretation of what i would like an easy to use \ read windows interface should look like.

Sorry if you personally dont like it, but you dont make your candle burn brighter by blowing out someone elses.

At least make valid arguements when you post my friend.

You say no offense? seems to me your entire post was written obviously to be offensive. IMO.

Ignored. :)

Edited by Winswy

but the first thing i saw was a crappy looking code opus, kind of fuzzy, too many differents types of edges and colors, and it just aint no opus ;)

also winswy you're a little too high on yourself, seriously. it's not very minimal and classic looking, it still has alot of obvious chunky 1995 style too it like you usually do.

it's not that quality, and this is coming from someone who sees the great quality in themes like reluna, opus os, codename opus, etc etc. the style you speak of isn't that great, since it's fuzzy as hell and really resembles some b0se themes.

no offense.

you have a ways to go.

586242096[/snapback]

well 1.you have to realize he only started this theme a few days ago, lol...2. what do you expect from what i consider an alpha vs? I'm using it right now, and yea there a few problems, but again he hasnt put nearly any of the usual time he puts on the VS...trust me

of course it seems like everytime he posts a new VS, someone has to come in and write their rants everytime. I don't understand it, why do you feel like you are better than the creator and that he should custom tailor the VS exactly the way YOU want? It's a little egotistical if you ask me. Rather than give him suggestions on what to fix you just say its crap. It sucks that my friend asks me to back him up because posters like you always come in to take over his threads.

and then you add the "no offense" line, like it's going to automatically comfort someone. Have you ever made a VS or tried to edit one? Personally, I can't make a theme worth ****, so instead i make friends that are good at themeing. I'm sure you and most people have never played around with this Premium themes, since of course you wouldn't buy them. I've been able to play with them and the amount of detail this guy goes into is outstanding. In terms of details, hes right on par with Stefanka really, he just doesnt do LONGHORN themes, like everyone wants right now.

And you didn't read the all the posts? He's posted tons of screenshots, so before basing your whole opinion on the first screen shot and attacking him, why don't you read up a little bit?

No offense of course ######

no offense.

you have a ways to go.

586242096[/snapback]

Your ramblings are complete nonesense. The fuzz that you speak of is non-existent. You seem to just be bitter that you can't produce the quality work that Winswy does. I have used this style on my own pc and the only fuzz I have seen is that which you call an argument. Oh ya by the way "no offense" intended in any of my remarks,

End of sarcasm

Meshuggah - I would LOVE to see YOU TRY to make a VS.?:shifty:: It probably will come out crappy.?:p:p I'm being honest.

586244051[/snapback]

Really? You don't say? Well see, I produce music for a living. My job is to record and engineer music. Why you ask? Because I have good ears.

The one thing I don't have is good eyes. I'm color blind and you're right, I coudln't make a VS if someone put a gun to my head and threatened to kill me unless he saw me make a VS.

What exactly is your point Mr. 13 posts? I've never come in and stated I could even make a VS.

Really? You don't say? Well see, I produce music for a living. My job is to record and engineer music. Why you ask? Because I have good ears.

The one thing I don't have is good eyes. I'm color blind and you're right, I coudln't make a VS if someone put a gun to my head and threatened to kill me unless he saw me make a VS.

What exactly is your point Mr. 13 posts? I've never come in and stated I could even make a VS.

586244264[/snapback]

Good ears? :huh: If you listen to LOUD metal musique, you must be deaf or hear impaired from wearing headphones. :laugh: :o

Good ears??:huh:: If you listen to LOUD metal musique, you must be deaf or hear impaired from wearing headphones.?:laugh:h::o :o

586244490[/snapback]

In order to MIX music, its best to listen to music at 90dB, so your point is illogical. You know nothing about engineering to PLEASE, shut up now. We're getting extremely off topic (again).

And Metal is not the only thing i listen to. Ask Winsys, I just sent him some mixes ofJAZZ/b> band I just recorded. Seriously, troll somewhere else before I report you.

::::are you 'harrassing' me because you think im against winsys? If so, reread my post. Winsys is my friend. I'm not attacking him, actually defending him.

Edited by Meshuggah

In order to MIX music, its best to listen to music at 90dB, so your point is illogical. You know nothing about engineering to PLEASE, shut up now. We're getting extremely off topic (again).

And Metal is not the only thing i listen to. Ask Winsys, I just sent him some mixes of a JAZZ band I just recorded. Seriously, troll somewhere else before I report you.

::::are you 'harrassing' me because you think im against winsys? If so, reread my post. Winsys is my friend. I'm not attacking him, actually defending him.

586244627[/snapback]

Ohhhhhhhhh ok. :o Sorry, I misunderstood you. :blush: Forgive me? No, I don't know about engineering. :rolleyes: You don't need to report me. I'm sorry I attacked you. What I said is enough.

I really want to see a WB version of this.  This could definately be a skin that dethrones KoL's tiger skin.

586245608[/snapback]

This will be ported to WB by my good friend Pas ... so yes, you may look forward to your dethroneing :laugh:

This will be ported to WB by my good friend Pas ... so yes, you may look forward to your dethroneing  :laugh:

586245679[/snapback]

Any ETA on it? I really would love to try it out.