Vxp - WIP

Yeah man, I mowed teh lawn today here in Central FLA. What a stinker. What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

none of my posts are intended to be bad just tones get taken the wrong way over forums.

i look at the images, i come to a conclusion, i am not wrong because it is my opinion. you don't seem to notice positive things i say either.

but i'm surprised that in 6 years, you still enjoy making maximal chunky glossy themes, they're not elegant and professional personally =\

586273036[/snapback]

Ok, you have made your opinion known, can we move along now?

Thanks.

Yeah man, I mowed teh lawn today here in Central FLA. What a stinker. What do you do, if you don't mind me asking?

586283609[/snapback]

I paint for a living :laugh:

Ok, you have made your opinion known, can we move along now?

Thanks.

586283618[/snapback]

no...thank YOU ! :)

I paint for a living  :laugh:

no...thank YOU !  :)

586283704[/snapback]

What are you thanking him for? He didn't do anything.

I'd like to see the final version in hopes of changing my opinion on this theme, so that's good news.

Needs a compact start menu, very badly.  Also an update would be nice.

586273540[/snapback]

As a close friend of Winswy, I'll make sure it gets a compact start menu. ;) I can't live without one.

Great looking theme. My favourite colors. Hope to use it soon :)

Btw, please have a compact menu and green color for programs list in start menu version in style. I liked green version of the programs very much.

Hey Winswy, great looking VS so far. I was wondering, did you change the clock and system tray area? In this screenie you showed: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=post&id=133341 , the blue background is gone. I really liked how it looked originally: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=post&id=133050

Could you please keep it that way or make an option for it. Also, I'm hoping you'd make a compact start menu as well. Other than those suggestions, this looks sweet. I'm loving the colors.. delicious.

Oh, and please keep the leaves as well.. they make this VS look elegant. Keep up the good work Winswy. Can't wait for this one to be done! :yes:

Edited by ledzepp14

Hey Winswy, great looking VS so far. I was wondering, did you change the clock and system tray area? In this screenie you showed: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=post&id=133341 , the blue background is gone. I really liked how it looked originally: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=post&id=133050

Could you please keep it that way or make an option for it. Also, I'm hoping you'd make a compact start menu as well. Other than those suggestions, this looks sweet. I'm loving the colors.. delicious.

Oh, and please keep the leaves as well.. they make this VS look elegant. Keep up the good work Winswy. Can't wait for this one to be done!  :yes:

586301507[/snapback]

actually i have changed taskbar elements some, i think for the better, ill post a small update later tonight, i am working 7 days a week right now so not much time but im doing a little bit everyday as i'd really like to see this theme realized soon. :D

well, off to work ! :blink:

Update shows all programs area and new tray area.

586337238[/snapback]

not fond of the start button. the gold doesn't fit with the rest of the color scheme.

but looks good, so far.

the start button pressed state? umm.. its orange, same as the other orange elements in the theme. :blink:

The wall will be released with theme but its in Completed wallpapers section if u can find it. Its called Dune.

AS far as release date.. working n it slowly but surely, so damn tired thesedays afterwork, its hard to think clear.

Looks very nice so far, I'm amazed at how much ciriticism there is. Dont be put off, its a pretty great WIP.

I hate to say this after seeing everyone else criticise it but in the start menu, does that yellow line need to be beside the icons, the text is already highlighted in green so its pretty clear its been selected. Just a small quible.

You rock! :punk: cant wait for it to get released

I am looking forward to this theme. :yes:

The only thing I don't like is color of start button. That's looking ugly to me, green (like tray area) or blue would look much nicer.

i may scrap the yellow highlight on the all progs depending on any other comments about it.

The start button cycles Blue > Green > Orange, in accordance with the Default > Hot > Pressed states in other areas of the VS.

Gonna TRY knock out caption buttons today.

Yeah, The yellow highlight chunk doesn't look very appealing.

Also, I think that the rounded edges on both green boxes and blue taskband boxes should be the same. I would prefer if you either make the green less round, or make the blue more round.

Other than that, the only thing I don't like is the winflag in the start button; it looks too big to fit. Maybe make it smaller by a pixel on top and bottom?

No matter what you do this is lookin pretty awesome.

Yeah, The yellow highlight chunk doesn't look very appealing.

Also, I think that the rounded edges on both green boxes and blue taskband boxes should be the same.? I would prefer if you either make the green less round, or make the blue more round.

Other than that, the only thing I don't like is the winflag in the start button; it looks too big to fit.? Maybe make it smaller by a pixel on top and bottom?

No matter what you do this is lookin pretty awesome.

586341822[/snapback]

The yellow highlight is Gone.

I planned from the begining to make this VS combine the rounded rectangle buttons with more rounded shapes in other areas. I dont see any reasin why the two cannot interact and i beleive that some areas of the VS are better suited to one or the other. I Hope to obtain a nice balance and not go totally one way or the other as most VS's do.

I may look revisit start button before its all said and done.