Neowin Metal Club

You guys can check out my picture in the member pics thread to see how metal I don't look.  For some reason most people I know don't see me listening to what I listen to.  They see me as a CCR, Aerosmith, classic rock type of guy.  That's cool but I'm metal to the heart.

Oh and I just got the new COB album sampler, and I wasn't too impressed.  Bodom doesn't seem to be playing as fast as they were before.  It was only a few songs anyways, I'm sure the album in it's completeness is much better.

586369890[/snapback]

For what it's worth I wasn't impressed by the sampler either.

Is anyone else excited about the new Exodus album? They now have Rob Dukes on Vocals, Paul Bostaph [ex Slayer] on drums and Lee Althus [from Heathen] as second guitarist. The album is called Shovel Headed Kill Machine and should be out on October 4th!

More here:

http://www.exodusattack.com/

Here is a nice article explaining the differences in different sub-genres of metal:

http://www.metalcrypt.com/genres.php

586381184[/snapback]

that's really nice. unfortunately newer styles are nearly impossible to label. what would you label zao as? you couldn't really call them death metal but they're harder than heavy metal.

same as a bunch of the other newer bands like killswitch engage, symphony in peril, haste the day, agony scene.

what would you label them as?

edit: after a closer reading this is really good but i disagree with calling slayer death metal and solitude aeturnus doom metal. other than that it's a fine read.

Edited by pacifica

Wicked just googled my cousin bands Fleshrott and they were on the top site is down for a few says or somthing but any ways it seems its all older stuff. Fleshrott

08.18.05 - MONTREAL SHOW TO BE FILMED FOR GIGANTOUR DVD AND CD!

"The Montreal Gigantour concert on Sept 2 will be filmed and recorded for an upcoming Gigantour DVD and Gigantour CD! If you would like to be a part of this experience, be sure to get your tickets for the show now! Montreal is almost sold out..."

What do you think about that? :p :devil: :D

that's really nice.  unfortunately newer styles are nearly impossible to label. what would you label zao as?  you couldn't really call them death metal but they're harder than heavy metal.

same as a bunch of the other newer bands like killswitch engage, symphony in peril, haste the day, agony scene.

what would you label them as?

edit: after a closer reading this is really good but i disagree with calling slayer death metal and solitude aeturnus doom metal.  other than that it's a fine read.

586406912[/snapback]

They're metalcore, a mix of hardcore and metal that I don't particularly care for. I'll give a listen once in a while.

As for Gigantour, the shows in Jersey are next week. I thought about going, but meh.

They're metalcore, a mix of hardcore and metal that I don't particularly care for.  I'll give a listen once in a while.

As for Gigantour, the shows in Jersey are next week.  I thought about going, but meh.

586407121[/snapback]

I was gonna go to that but had some family problems my end and had to cancel :crazy:

:cry: :cry:

I don't mind some Metalcore bands.. :rolleyes:

I don't mind some Metalcore bands.. :rolleyes:

586420712[/snapback]

Neither do I, but I really only like the ones that are on the very cusp of metalcore-dom, but don't overdo it, like God Forbid.

Neither do I, but I really only like the ones that are on the very cusp of metalcore-dom, but don't overdo it, like God Forbid.

586420741[/snapback]

Yeah same here but i thought God Forbid were alright.. some songs are ok tho ;)

What metalcore bands you like? :shifty:

metalcore bands i don't mind are

As i lay dying - more then a metalcore band in my view..Shadows Are Security = good album.

The Black Dahlia Murder

Throwdown

Unearth

No, I mean that God Forbid doesn't overdo it, and therefore I like them. ;)

Bands like As I Lay Dying, Between the Buried and Me (more hardcore I suppose), and Every Time I Die are alright.

I think it should have been defined from the beginning what the topic creator constituted as "metal" as a guideline.  I agree that bands like Korn, Linkin Park, and Limp Bizkit have no business in this thread. ;)

586321727[/snapback]

I had to answer to this.. :laugh:

So Korn isn't metal?? :huh:

Dude, i have saw 3 times korn in a concert playing their's first 3cd's and dude it's metal allright.. Korn made a new style, that's true but the first 3 cd's can't be compared to linkin or limp, i mean no way.. And yeah i listen to mudvayne, slipknot, slayer, SOAD, Static-X, Spineshank, Soulfly, Sepultura, Pantera, Otep, Chimaira, etc.. Are they radio song's ? NO, why ? Because they aren't like Linkin or Limp.. :rofl: Sure they may be not so Heavy as other Metal group's, but never i mean never compare them to linkin or Limp.. :pinch:

Cheers. :D

Lately, I've gotten into a couple metal bands called Firewind (really awesome, Gus G is an amazing guitarist), Rhapsody (pretty good, boring vocal work) and a couple others that aren't overly amazing. It's good to hear such great guitarwork with clean vocals. I prefer them that way but I've grown to love Arch Enemy regardless of Angela's vocals. I can accept and usually understand them now. But yeah, it's refreshing to hear clean vocals with excellent axemanship lol

so are there any NEW bands that might be truly considred death metal?

or, even harder, are there any new bands that might be considered true black metal?

586427222[/snapback]

Must styles of Death is much harder then Black!

A really nice Death Metal band is Exmortem

Black Metal band Horned Almighty

They have the same lead singer!

Must styles of Death is much harder then Black!

A really nice Death Metal band is Exmortem

Black Metal band Horned Almighty

They have the same lead singer!

586427275[/snapback]

it just seems like the genre is being obscured these days by newer emo and metalcore bands. people who don't really know how bands are categorized tend to quickly mislabel bands. i've heard someone call the agony scene death metal when - IMO - they tend to be more punk than anything except for the vocal style.