Neowin Metal Club

Heh, he actually pinned Extreme Metal by mistake and I was like "Holy Cow Molly !!! :D :D" LOL

I saw that too - I asked for Extreme Metal to be a subforum for the Metal thread, which didn't sound promising, and then I saw it pinned. Glad it got straightened out, the Metal thread has deserved to be pinned for a long time.

What Is this garbage mentioned multiple times throughout the thread ? Regardless of the specific names, I just spent the last hour listening to the bands mentioned in here to see if there was anything decent - and its all pretty lame.

It doesnt take any talent to growl some pathetic no-thought lyrics and play some riff that has been done 1000 times before, and have a double-pedal bass drum - OK thats my 2 cents.

Is there anything out there that isnt some guy growling/screaming the lyrics ? Death metal/thrash isnt what I was hoping for - if I wanted to laugh - I'd listen to GWAR. If I wanted talent... OLD Metallica, Pantera, uh....well.... I guess I'm too old - I cant think of anything else :blush:

Can someone point me to something I might like ? Because currently, I find myself listening to t00l, APC, OLD metallica, etc because I dont know what else is out there and dont listen to music that much... THX

:punk:

Not to be confused with our esteemed-colleague "Growled" - Didnt want to sound like I was talking crap about him LOL

Wow,

Anyway, If you like Tool, which I am a HUGE fan of btw (seen them 6 times live), you may want to check out Isis. They are compared to Tool a lot. Give Opeth a shot too, they're more of a progressive - death - whatever band, most of their songs are pushing 10 minutes. Really great driving music.

BTW, most Metal today is growling/screaming, which takes as much talent as anything else. Plus, the 'garbage' you're referring to is what most of the people in this thread listen to.

Don't insult what most of the people in this thread listen to and expect to get some decent responses.

Wow,

Anyway, If you like Tool, which I am a HUGE fan of btw (seen them 6 times live), you may want to check out Isis. They are compared to Tool a lot. Give Opeth a shot too, they're more of a progressive - death - whatever band, most of their songs are pushing 10 minutes. Really great driving music.

BTW, most Metal today is growling/screaming, which takes as much talent as anything else. Plus, the 'garbage' you're referring to is what most of the people in this thread listen to.

Don't insult what most of the people in this thread listen to and expect to get some decent responses.

Youre right, my apologies - as soon as I started that sentence I realized I was sounding like every other bonehead thinking "they dont make em as goos they used to..." which always makes me :rolleyes:

So, again, my apologies to all who were offended - everyone has different tastes and none are better than the others, just different. - I know that much

Thanks for the tips - I will try to listen to them and see - I honestly get sick of listening to the same stuff and just turn off the stereo in my truck and sit in silence.

No apologies necessary, I came off rudely as well.

I listen to many of the same bands you mentioned, and I have found Opeth, Clutch, Immortal, Corrosion of Conformity, which I can listen to at any time without missing a beat,so to speak.

I really do think if you will check out those bands listed above you'll have a good starting point. Like I mentioned before, I have been a giant Tool fan since Opiate, and the bands listed above have really broadened my horizons.

Give a few of those a shot, and let us know how you like them.

And another:

Immortal- All Shall Fall: (this one's for you bruNo) Abbath rules in this video btw :)

Yeah! Finally Abbath is assuming that funny side. :D

This video is a little weird, I lol'd in the part when Demonaz come in walking like a drunk.

Youre right, my apologies - as soon as I started that sentence I realized I was sounding like every other bonehead thinking "they dont make em as goos they used to..." which always makes me :rolleyes:

So, again, my apologies to all who were offended - everyone has different tastes and none are better than the others, just different. - I know that much

Thanks for the tips - I will try to listen to them and see - I honestly get sick of listening to the same stuff and just turn off the stereo in my truck and sit in silence.

(Y)

Yeah! Finally Abbath is assuming that funny side. :D

This video is a little weird, I lol'd in the part when Demonaz come in walking like a drunk.

(Y)

Nothing beats his 'crab walk' at around the 2:20 mark. The face it makes on the last verse, 'warriors are crowned on this day' is classic.

Good to see he can find some humor in the typical Black Metal video.

Nothing beats his 'crab walk' at around the 2:20 mark. The face it makes on the last verse, 'warriors are crowned on this day' is classic.

Good to see he can find some humor in the typical Black Metal video.

Hell yeah!

Nobody beats Abbath!

4470560235_b3db7d9f75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Digging on Rage Viper, or at least the music it good. Singer not so much. Texas, you aren't completely crazy. Most of the new **** has lost touch with either the spirit of punk or the musicianship of thrash.

Albatross is most certainly not COC's best song, or even best off Deliverance imo. Clean my Wounds, Senior Limpio, Shake Like You...

or even better before Pepper...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yjmj2MaEDk

That Immortal video for All Shall Fall is epic, lol. Those guys can jam when they want to. (Y)

I agree with everything you just said.

I decided to edit this with stuff I've been listening to of late.

The Sword - Warp Riders

Ridiculous solid rock and roll album with some great guitar work. This is the title track from the album

Earthless - Sonic Prayer

Gritty, dirty rock and roll. Part of 1 of the opening track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-7s-T0puqw

Diecast - Day of Recoking

Older album from early 2000 that got a lot of heavy play on a local metal station, WSOU for you jersey people, that some of you guys may dig. The band has since lost this singer and have gone with another guy who is more "mainstream friendly" but the drummer in the band was insane. He nearly got picked to play with Slayer when they were looking for a new drummer a while back and doing try outs.

Melvins - Houdini

Does much really need to be said about this band and the huge influence they've had on bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmX_7B8c-ww