MSN Mail Beta

EDIT: The invitation id IS UNIQUE. QUIT ****ING PMING ME! :angry:

From the invite:

In the mail below, our beta team provides all the details you need to get involved.  We believe we are building from the ground up an awesome product to release to our customers.  I hope you will be able to help us take it the last mile.

Regards,

Blake Irving

Corporate Vice President

MSN Consumer Services

Mail Beta program requirements:

As you know, a beta program is comprised of key customers who have agreed to test an unreleased version of a product.  Through testing, you the customer will provide valuable feedback that our product team will utilize to make e-mail easier to use, as well as meet your and millions of other future customer's communication needs.  The Mail Beta is your chance to make a difference in the next generation of our e-mail product!

As part of being selected as a participant, you will be asked to:

?        Use the Mail Beta software on your PC regularly

?        Submit feedback and bugs to the Beta support team whenever you run into a bug or suggestion

?        Run through testing scenarios as they become available, and fill-out the corresponding surveys

?        Complete any and all surveys sent out during the Mail Beta

Why are we asking you to participate?

We are looking for a group of participants that are excited about the program and willing to provide valuable and actionable feedback throughout the entire beta period

As a member of the Butterfly beta group, we think you would be the perfect candidate to participate - However, we do ask you to please make your decision carefully.  Your feedback is crucial to the success of our product, and therefore, regular and consistent participation throughout the entire program will be needed.

What are the system requirements?

?        IE 6.0 or higher

?        A Hotmail (@hotmail.com) or MSN account (@MSN.com)

How do I sign up?

If you would like to participate in the program, please take our beta survey.  We have moved to a NEW beta management system, so the directions below are going to be a little different than you have been used to.  We are excited to be offering you a new and improved experience over our old system!

Please note:  You must follow these directions.  Using a personal or previously assigned BetaID will NOT grant you access to this survey.

1.                  Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/registration/terms.aspx

2.                  Sign in with your .NET Passport if not already signed in

3.                  Accept the Terms Of Use

4.                  Accepting the Terms of Use will then take you to the Registration page

5.                  Review and verify or update the Registration information

6.                  Click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page

7.                  You will be taken to the Participation page

8.                  On the left hand Navigation page, click "Invitations"

9.                  Enter the Invitation Code

Your invitation ID is: HAHA-YOU-DIDNTGETIN

10.              Hit "Go"

11.              You will be taken to the "My Participation" page

12.              In the section labeled "Participation Status", locate the program and click the "Take Survey" link

13.              Complete the beta survey

Once you have completed the above, you will be sent a Welcome e-mail in approximately 7 days.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information.  We appreciate your consideration to participate in the Mail Beta and hope you decide to make a difference in our latest product.

Please do not respond to this e-mail. This mailbox is not monitored. If you have questions about this message, please contact us at mailinfo@microsoft.com.

Please note: due to Microsoft security requirements, the hyperlink(s) contained in this e-mail may not automatically open your browser. If this happens, please copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser.

About this message:

If you have questions about Connect privacy policies, please read our privacy statement at

http://www.microsoft.com/info/privacy.mspx

You are receiving this message because you are a preferred Microsoft Customer. If you don't want to receive mails like this in the future, please reply to this mail with the words "Unsubscribe" in the Subject line. We want to ensure that your experience with our products is exceptional. As part of this effort, we may occasionally offer opportunities to provide feedback on various Microsoft products. If you have questions about our privacy policies, please read our privacy statement.

privacy statement.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

It appears to either be software to read your MSN/Hotmail or a new webmail service.

Edited by WhizzKid

i got my cam but im UK, just recived my email for mail beta, but i use gmail...lol havn't used my hotmail.com email in quite a while!

What I don't understand is Microsoft's need to know my home address. :hmmm:

586244575[/snapback]

To send you goodies... :D (have had quite a bit now!)

PS. I'm in!!! (now just for my Longhorn invite to turn up)

EDIT: The invitation id IS UNIQUE.  QUIT ****ING PMING ME!  :angry:

From the invite:

It appears to either be software to read your MSN/Hotmail or a new webmail service.

586244482[/snapback]

They talk about it replacing your hotmail account and refer to it as "Web mail".

Is this Microsoft Mail a repalcement for Outlook Express or is it something to do with Hotmail?

They talk about it replacing your hotmail account and refer to it as "Web mail".
I didn't see your post when I posted my question. Sorry. Thanks for the news.

I'd like to thank you for being a member of our Butterfly beta test group. I am excited to invite you to join the beta of our brand new web mail service. You will be part of the first group outside of the product team to experience the Mail Beta, and I see your involvement as a crucial link in our development process. By participating you will be able to provide our development team with critical feedback as well as your ideas for making the product better.

In the mail below, our beta team provides all the details you need to get involved. We believe we are building from the ground up an awesome product to release to our customers. I hope you will be able to help us take it the last mile.

Regards,

Blake Irving

Corporate Vice President

MSN Consumer Services

Mail Beta program requirements:

As you know, a beta program is comprised of key customers who have agreed to test an unreleased version of a product. Through testing, you the customer will provide valuable feedback that our product team will utilize to make e-mail easier to use, as well as meet your and millions of other future customer's communication needs. The Mail Beta is your chance to make a difference in the next generation of our e-mail product!

As part of being selected as a participant, you will be asked to:

? Use the Mail Beta software on your PC regularly

? Submit feedback and bugs to the Beta support team whenever you run into a bug or suggestion

? Run through testing scenarios as they become available, and fill-out the corresponding surveys

? Complete any and all surveys sent out during the Mail Beta

Why are we asking you to participate?

We are looking for a group of participants that are excited about the program and willing to provide valuable and actionable feedback throughout the entire beta period

As a member of the Butterfly beta group, we think you would be the perfect candidate to participate - However, we do ask you to please make your decision carefully. Your feedback is crucial to the success of our product, and therefore, regular and consistent participation throughout the entire program will be needed.

What are the system requirements?

? IE 6.0 or higher

? A Hotmail (@hotmail.com) or MSN account (@MSN.com)

How do I sign up?

If you would like to participate in the program, please take our beta survey. We have moved to a NEW beta management system, so the directions below are going to be a little different than you have been used to. We are excited to be offering you a new and improved experience over our old system!

Please note: You must follow these directions. Using a personal or previously assigned BetaID will NOT grant you access to this survey.

1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com/registration/terms.aspx

2. Sign in with your .NET Passport if not already signed in

3. Accept the Terms Of Use

4. Accepting the Terms of Use will then take you to the Registration page

5. Review and verify or update the Registration information

6. Click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page

7. You will be taken to the Participation page

8. On the left hand Navigation page, click "Invitations"

9. Enter the Invitation Code

Your invitation ID is: ***-****-****

10. Hit "Go"

11. You will be taken to the "My Participation" page

12. In the section labeled "Participation Status", locate the program and click the "Take Survey" link

13. Complete the beta survey

Once you have completed the above, you will be sent a Welcome e-mail in approximately 7 days.

Thank you for taking the time to review this information. We appreciate your consideration to participate in the Mail Beta and hope you decide to make a difference in our latest product.

Please do not respond to this e-mail. This mailbox is not monitored. If you have questions about this message, please contact us at mailinfo@microsoft.com.

Please note: due to Microsoft security requirements, the hyperlink(s) contained in this e-mail may not automatically open your browser. If this happens, please copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser.

About this message:

If you have questions about Connect privacy policies, please read our privacy statement at http://www.microsoft.com/info/privacy.mspx

You are receiving this message because you are a preferred Microsoft Customer. If you don't want to receive mails like this in the future, please reply to this mail with the words "Unsubscribe" in the Subject line. We want to ensure that your experience with our products is exceptional. As part of this effort, we may occasionally offer opportunities to provide feedback on various Microsoft products. If you have questions about our privacy policies, please read our privacy statement.

privacy statement.

Microsoft Corporation

One Microsoft Way

Redmond, WA 98052

Does this has anything to do with the Wave 11 or something?

// Nevermind, I don't know how to read...

I hope you share your toughts on this (not screenshots!)

Within a week of registering for the Mail Beta program your Hotmail account will be moved to the new product. You will experience the new web mail environment, within which you will continue to access your existing Hotmail account as usual. Your e-mail address, as well as all of your e-mails, calendar items, contacts and saved mail will remain as they were in Hotmail....... :whistle:

I'd like to thank you for being a member of our Butterfly beta test group.  I am excited to invite you to join the beta of our brand new web mail service.  You will be part of the first group outside of the product team to experience the Mail Beta, and I see your involvement as a crucial link in our development process.  By participating you will be able to provide our development team with critical feedback as well as your ideas for making the product better.