MSN Mail Beta

Just out of interest (and off topic!!) are the Longhorn invites still going out?

I mean, im in 5 betas at the mo (inc Server R2) but no Longhorn invite. (I know, im just being greedy!!)

586248473[/snapback]

emails are going out in everyday to the people/company that best fits the requierements for the program or if "somebody" gives you a lil help to get there if you know what I mean... :ninja: :blush: :shifty: :p ;) :whistle:

emails are going out in everyday to the people/company that best fits the requierements for the program or if "somebody" gives you a lil help to get there if you know what I mean...  :ninja:  :blush:  :shifty:  :p  ;)  :whistle:

586248780[/snapback]

:shifty: I get you, must be nice residing in Bungieland!! :D :whistle:

@Matt, you CAN access your hotmail account using Outlook. (both Express and MS Outlook)

586246741[/snapback]

How?

slimy as soon as theres invites available, I'll get one of my butterflies to invite you since your a cool & nice person :).

I never get invited for anything

not even my birthday party :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

[Five Threads Merged]

586249613[/snapback]

:pinch: people seriously need to read the forums before posting... five threads.. thats just ridiculous!

Just a little question, is being a butterfly a level of how good of a beta tester you are, which you are graded by how many beta tests and how much and how good of a feedback?

thnx ;)

so if you register at the Connect site yo u might get an invite to any Beta product?????????????????

586253119[/snapback]

No, you have to fill out a form to sign up to be a potential beta tester in the future.

Has anyone accessed the NNTP newsgroups yet? Perhaps it just takes longer than the 2 hours they quote, but the instructions are somewhat ambigious on how the username should be formatted. It actually says to use these kinds of brackets "<betaid>" around the number rather than just the "betaid". I've tried it both ways, but I'd like to know which way is intended. It almost seems like a typo to me.

Note: This question is in reference to the new-style Connect way of accessing the server, not the traditional method (which was without brackets, using your original beta ID) for older programs not through Connect.

Has anyone accessed the NNTP newsgroups yet?  Perhaps it just takes longer than the 2 hours they quote, but the instructions are somewhat ambigious on how the username should be formatted. It actually says to use these kinds of brackets "<betaid>" around the number rather than just the "betaid". I've tried it both ways, but I'd like to know which way is intended. It almost seems like a typo to me.

Note: This question is in reference to the new-style Connect way of accessing the server, not the traditional method (which was without brackets, using your original beta ID) for older programs not through Connect.

586256033[/snapback]

Just login using your new betaID for connect without the brackets.

it looks like Microsoft has finally decided to give an option to put a copy of your mail in the "sent mail box", well atleast from the looks of it....

I have always had that option.

By the way, how do you become a butterfly?

I have always had that option.

By the way, how do you become a butterfly?

586256378[/snapback]

Wrap yourself in a blanket and make a cacoon and wait. :p

hey. im a tester for msn messenger and mail........but there doesnt seem to be any change for my mail account, done both

surveys but no change, did anybody else notice any changes yet?

how can you become a MSN mail/messenger tester????? already singed up for connect websight

586259544[/snapback]

I emailed them a few days ago, and got this message today. Basically same question your asking:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Connect Help (mchelp@microsoft.com)!

Our apologies for any delay in responding to you!  As our application is

going through the initial growing pains, so is our support team and

we're working hard to get current on all outstanding issues.

If you have registered on Microsoft Connect, there is a section on the

My Participation page called Available Programs.  This is where product

groups can list programs that are available to any interested Microsoft

Connect user.  If, when you click the link, it indicates that there are

no programs available, then there aren't any at this time.  However, you

can check back at regular intervals to see if any are available.

For those who have expressed an interest in testing Longhorn, MSN

Hotmail or MSN Messenger, those programs are by invitation only at this

time.  Our team does not have any information on when new programs

become available.  Please keep checking http://connect.microsoft.com for

updates. 

Thank you for your interest in testing Microsoft products!

Microsoft Connect Help Team

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:23 PM

To: Microsoft Connect Help

Subject: Question

Dear Microsoft,

I would like to know how to get into betas. Alot of my friends have been

invited that have never beta tested before. I would like to know how to

get in. I have beta tested Database Production Manager on my other .NET

passport (<<snipped>>). I am interesed in beta testing MSN

Messenger 7.5, and this new MSN Mail beta that everyone got invited to.

If you could tell me how to get in, I would appreciate it.

Sincerly,

Sean

Hope this helps you :).

Beta Butterfly is an all year round beta program for numerous MSN products, it doesn't stop or start. Only the butterflies get to do this "Mail Beta". If you're a butterfly you should know this :\

586246286[/snapback]

W00t last time i checked im not a butterfly :| and i don't have the butterfly newsgroup...yet i got this invite

Has anyone accessed the NNTP newsgroups yet?  Perhaps it just takes longer than the 2 hours they quote, but the instructions are somewhat ambigious on how the username should be formatted. It actually says to use these kinds of brackets "<betaid>" around the number rather than just the "betaid". I've tried it both ways, but I'd like to know which way is intended. It almost seems like a typo to me.

586256033[/snapback]

If you still having problems with the newsgroups pm me and i'll help you sort it out

so sorry for being stupid - but when do these "available programs" become available in connect? When i click that it says there are none :(!