Family Guy: The Leak Story

wow..i am surprised that this thread has not been shut down yet... links to the freakin' torrent files, rampant talk downloading the movie before it was realeased....

Anyways, I am excited to see the movie.... I'll wait til' it comes out, unless one of my friends ends of downloading it and then I'll probably end up watchint it with him or her.

but hootchie... there is no way people should even get this, only way is threw illegal means...

586271875[/snapback]

True but I WILL be buying it. So I don't see a problem in getting an extreamly high quality rip if I ain't going to be able to get it legally for a VERY long time (as I know it will take along time before it comes here in stores.)

I think its pretty rediculous when movies are put on the web before they are even released in theatres or on DVD. I mean, I can see things like "shakey cam" videos taken from inside theatres, where the quality is so poor that no one really needs to think twice about actually spending money to see the movie. But in an age where the pirates are many steps ahead of the film creators... well, I just think things have gotten so out of hand. They are also the cause for all the drastic security measures (DRM stuff and copy protection) which haunt the everyday average joe-movie rentalist.

*shrug* It'll be out soon anyway. Same as it was such a big deal to download SW:EP3 and now who cares about that now?

Does anyone find it ironic that at the beginning of the movie Quagmire is filiming a bootleg copy? Hahaha, I loved that.

586271994[/snapback]

yeah, I found that quite hysterical. :laugh:

i havn't downloaded it and i'm not going to either.. but i was reading some comments and thought this was interesting..

Heres some intressting info about some of our peers, safepeer the azureus peerguardianlike plugin says: 64.161.47.185 was in range cinema source advertising 154.20.229.123 was in range performance systems international inc 68.206.65.12 was in range road runner 24.28.37.171 was in range time warner communications tampa 154.20.233.249 was in range performance systems international inc 61.207.210.145 was in range japan network information center 65.94.93.180 was in range bell nexxia (prod) 154.20.87.178 was in range performance systems international inc To our american friends: Be careful, since pirating has been turned into terrorism by the department of homeland security (and that dude testifying in the senate that downloading = supporting terrorism). Get safepeer and stuff.

But IT doesnt give the companies a right to tell me I can't make a copy of it so the original doesn't get scratched and quit working, instead of rebuying it again.

586271689[/snapback]

how are you making a copy of something you own by downloading it. And how are you making a copy of something that is not out yet in the stores....

Be careful, since pirating has been turned into terrorism by the department of homeland security (and that dude testifying in the senate that downloading = supporting terrorism)

You could, y'know, download an actual terrorist.

Maybe you need a printer for that.

This thread has been cleaned twice. Next persons to talk about portions of the movie, admit to downloading, or sharing where to download will receive an all expenses paid vacation FROM neowin. Capeesh?

Capeesh?

586272142[/snapback]

"Everything except capeesh." -- Bart Simpson

September can't get here quick enough. New episodes of FG, American Dad, the Serenity movie, and now this movie. My head will explode.

"Everything except capeesh." -- Bart Simpson

September can't get here quick enough. New episodes of FG, American Dad, the Serenity movie, and now this movie. My head will explode.

586272187[/snapback]

Make a video of it a post it!

:p

Just goes to prove pirated movies can't be stopped, no matter how hard they try.

586272207[/snapback]

Well, after this setback you can bet they'll certainly try even harder, making much more of a hassel for honest consumers.

makes you wonder if these things are done on purpose for publicity reasons.

i mean, those that will watch it in theatre will most likely never download. and those that know how to download will never go to theatre anyways.

SPOILERS in white text

Lots of usage of the F word and the story is a bit too prologned. Not as funny as episodes of the Television show, but still a pretty good movie.

7/10

586271542[/snapback]

I agree. :yes: You would think that comedy wasn't the target or something... :wacko:

I can't believe people are still talking about downloading this video after warnings have already gone out. Geez... It's only a movie!!! You won't win a million dollars for downloading the movie before it hits the shelves. :)

makes you wonder if these things are done on purpose for publicity reasons.

i mean, those that will watch it in theatre will most likely never download. and those that know how to download will never go to theatre anyways.

586272246[/snapback]

That's only the case for some individuals though, not everyone.

In this films case it's a straight to DVD release so the amount of downloaders will be sky high but fans will buy it anyway.

Compared to the $5 a cinema ticket costs and the $20 of a DVD

All you thieves should be ashamed of yourselves. :whistle:

I haven't seen it yet (nor have I seen the last ep of season 4) but it looks like it may be a cool movie.