Family Guy: The Leak Story

well hey, how about i divulge into a few things of my own. I guess for me, since I now work at a place for entertainment, my views have significantly changed. I mean, the one thing I hate being the most is a hypocrite, and when I personally steal a cd from a band I know, it makes me feel like ****. A lot of these guys are great people who spend so much time making a cd so they can support their own family.

I think that's what the RIAA should really do, make videos showing working families struggling for money because no one wants to buy their cd and decides that downloading it is the best way. I just don't get impressed with people on forums like these when they post about the newest leak.

I had Cold's new cd 3 days before it leaked. I've had taproot's new cd for almost 2 weeks now and it still hasn't leaked, and the biggest cd I have right now is Disturbed. I've had that for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and that hasn't leaked either. I'm just not impressed with kids having to brag about a cd they stole to look cool. I don't understand the mentality and I don't understand why it's still around in neowin.

DT: so you got one bad cd. sometimes that happens to us, but should we decide to steal hundreds of cds because of one bad one? It's not really funny, but more ironic. If you want to say that society has pushed us into entertainment, I will somewhat agree, but in the end, you still choose what you listen to and what you buy. There are millions of artists around the world, and you have the liberty of BUYING whatever product you want.

586275053[/snapback]

tottaly agree with u.....i dont see the pont to brag about having this or that, u have it? great, move on....i still choose what to listen in fact all the band u metion i don like none of them so i dont have their music and it doesn mater if its leak or not i aint gonn get it......i use to work in the entertaiment too......

what i think is that the current bussisness model of the RIAA for example is dead this our new times and they need to re-invent theirselsfs if they want to exists...and the other industries too

the real problem is the leaker

once its out of course people will download it

especially since you cant buy it anywhere

directly or indirectly someone in the organization gave it away

they deserve to lose money and the leaker deserves to lose their job

the movie industry and the music industry need to keep tabs on their product since it can be duplicated so easily

and if you wanna step up and say "thats not possible" or something like that, then their business model is flawed. if they have no control over who gets their product they have a problem

Edited by TooPackShaker

Just wait until it comes out on DVD and buy it, its not that hard. Do you realy 'need' to DL it like your life depended on it, " i have to see it" Why do you "have" to see it before it comes out on DVD. Dont give me this preview crap followed by i will buy it when it comes out, thats just words, you say it but thats it. People say a lot of things, but doing what they say is diffrent.

no replys like "but i will buy it" still just words

Just wait until it comes out on DVD and buy it, its not that hard. Do you realy 'need' to DL it like your life depended on it, " i have to see it" Why do you "have" to see it before it comes out on DVD. Dont give me this preview crap followed by i will buy it when it comes out, thats just words, you say it but thats it. People say a lot of things, but doing what they say is diffrent.

586275262[/snapback]

totally agree. you know what normally happens, at least this is what i've seen with my friends. Something leaks weeks before its gonna come out and the kid goes ape**** about the cd being so good and proclaims "im gonna buy this when it comes out!!!"

2 months later hes overplayed the cd and is sick of it, so what does he do? decide to not buy it. i think that's what usually happens too.

586275262[/snapback]

What do you mean just words? Everything you type is just words. How do you know if someone is going to do something they say or not through a forum post. You don't... I for one did not like this movie enough to pay $40+ CAD for it when it comes out. The internet access was paid for; I downloaded this movie because I could and found it to not be high enough in quality of entertainment for me to purchase it later on (especially for such a high price).

Final statement: Even if someone doesn't download for any specific reason, there is one reason always left: I download because I can.

And if those of you who say "Just wait and buy it when it comes out" actually follow that value all the time, I wonder how much f*cking money you spend on movies and other forms of entertainment, if everything you come across that just might be good entertainment (from previews or from what you read or hear), you pay money for!

What do you mean just words? Everything you type is just words. How do you know if someone is going to do something they say or not through a forum post. You don't... I for one did not like this movie enough to pay $40+ CAD for it when it comes out. The internet access was paid for; I downloaded this movie because I could and found it to not be high enough in quality of entertainment for me to purchase it later on (especially for such a high price).

Final statement: Even if someone doesn't download for any specific reason, there is one reason always left: I download because I can.

586275290[/snapback]

I think it lame that you bring in your cost of your internet access thats its ok to download it like the movie is part of the cost of paying for your internet access. Come up with better reasons then "I download because I can".

I think it lame that you bring in your cost of your internet access thats its ok to download it like the movie is part of the cost of paying for your internet access. Come up with better reasons then "I download because I can".

586275321[/snapback]

I do not come up with reason to satisfy you or any other single person.

Let me ask you one thing though: How many DVDs/Music CDs do you own?

I use something called Netflix to preview my videos...ever heard of it? :D

586275315[/snapback]

nah you're supposed to use netflix to rip movies :devil:

I know gamefly filled my ps2 harddrive nicely

better call the e-police :whistle:

Edited by TooPackShaker

internet access.....lol

u know here where i live u get this promo from any ISP (and i'm sure in most places is the same):

get broadband, with broadband u can download, movies,games,music and fast!!!!

so tell me who is to blame???

u see?

internet access.....lol

u know here where i live u get this promo from any ISP (and i'm sure in most places is the same):

get broadband, with broadband u can download, movies,games,music and fast!!!!

so tell me who is to blame??? 

u see?

586275348[/snapback]

You.

I'm glad to see you can't make your own, legal choices. And there are legal ways of downloading music, movies, and games, so if you want to interpret the broadband ads in such a way to ease your guilt, then by all means.

I use something called Netflix to preview my videos...ever heard of it? :D

586275315[/snapback]

How much money do you think the creators of the film/video you rent actually get from your renting of the video via NetFlix? So, you preview and then decide whether you'd like to give them a substantial amount of money for the retail based on your experience with the video, right? I wonder how many times you've just rented (giving the creators a tiny, tiny, tiny profit) and not bought a retail copy afterwards? :rolleyes:

oh please dont be so......sorry but cant come up with the correct word and i dont want to sound rude cause that is not my intention but yours seems to be

the truth is ISP dont give a crap they care now because of lawssuits...... still i haven see an add of any ISP saying ''with us u can download paid music, or movies u have paid for.......so dont be so stupid, u have a problem with me???

r u trying to teach me something??? do u think i'm a kid? cause i'm not in fact can be ur father.......

That's the way most piraters are. They blame everyone else for them not buying something. Its a laughable justification. Its always "artists are already rich" "the record companies are charging too much" or whatever else they try to get people to swallow.

That's the way most piraters are. They blame everyone else for them not buying something. Its a laughable justification.  Its always "artists are already rich" "the record companies are charging too much" or whatever else they try to get people to swallow.

586275470[/snapback]

how about art and entertainment should be made for the love of art and entertainment, and not to get rich.

if the artists and entertainers that only do it for the money all quit tomorrow I could care less

if you main concern is getting rich dont make something that can be stolen so easily

there are plenty of investments that cant be stolen digitally

personally I love the revolution that has been going on since napster. the end of the copywrite and free information for all :cool:

thread died :(

586275556[/snapback]

That's too bad. I like some of this discussion/debating though. I don't think I'll participate (much longer) though...

:no: warez so bad, i used 2 find myself downloadin loadsa songs cos i was a fan but i realised i wasnt if im not buyin it from dem. i like to download cds when i order so i can hear it b4 i receive itt. but this? this is just total complete fraud worse thank downloadin a film that was out cos ur not even makin them lose money they earned. :no:

I also think this story just gets much more attention because its Family Guy, while its obviously happened many many times before with other movies.

Stewie a 35 year old virgin

:laugh: :laugh:

The MPAA should just give up, i tought this movie was already released when i saw a DVD for download this morning only now to find out it supposed to be out till September. The pirates are also stepping up there game as the MPAA are.