Family Guy: The Leak Story

Wow i'm surprised I usually am happy over priacy-But seriously this is Family Guy... I respect the producers too much to ever download this crap on P2P.

Wow.. and I thought P2P was fast when flicks were available on the net a week after the theatrical release. Now we don't even have to wait until movies are released to the theatres?

Nothing is sacred.  :blink:

586271558[/snapback]

The movie is straight to dvd, so it won't be shown in theatres.

I've bought all the current seasons on DVD, and I will continue to do so with the Movie and season 4. But I just can't wait that long! Why do they take so damn long to bring things out on DVD? I'm not talking about just Family Guy here either.

Edited by NegaC

I've bought all the current seasons on DVD, and I will continue to do so with the Movie and season 4. But I just can't wait that long! Why do they take so damn long to bring things out on DVD? I'm not talking about just Family Guy here either.

586273821[/snapback]

true....dvd's andmovie should go out at the same time or at least the dvd should come out a month or 3 after the movie is in the theathers.....

Studios want to milk every cent from the theater before they release it on DVD. Plus, they get money on those cheap matinee theaters and rentals before releasing it to masses to buy on DVD.

Before people could download movies, games, OSes, etc., what did people do to "trial" movies and games instead of buying it? You people whine and complain that movies and games are so expensive, so you download the crap with no intention of buying it. Honestly, if you are that pressed for cash, cancel your expensive Internet account, pawn your $3000 laptop/desktop, and get a job.

Now, I'm not saying everything on my computer is 100% legit, but I at least don't go around spilling out pathetic excuses that industry is so greedy, stuff is so expensive, etc.

I'm also curious what people did about their patience on waiting for an official release of a DVD or movie back in the days when you couldn't download them early. Did the pain of waiting cause people to commit suicide, swallow whole bottles of anti-depressants, go on maniacal rampages...?

Edited by viserov

people actually worked to make this products and they get paid for it.....dont bring me that BS.....better think of some kids around the globe that aref orce to work to make products u pay for it and they only get .25 cents or less for work

back n the days of dial up there was no DVD and no hype for the upcoming release of this or that.....movie, music industries are the ones to blame cause they have create it this thing that u must or see anything they produce, 20 years ago nobody cares but now adds,movies are shove down our throats

people actually worked to make this products and they get paid for it.....dont bring me that BS.....better think of some kids around the globe that aref orce to work to make products u pay for it and they only get .25 cents or less for work

586274733[/snapback]

So your logic is to just not buy it? That shows them! Now if enough people followed your wonderful logic, no one would get paid anything. Man, your logic is so astounding, I'm going to take the rest of the day off from work and ponder my existence. :pp

By the way, check your facts before you throw exaggerated figures out there.

Edited by viserov

I love family guy and series 4 has been awesome, but that doesnt really sound like a good plot for a family guy movie unless the whole family go with him.

I love family guy and series 4 has been awesome, but that doesnt really sound like a good plot for a family guy movie unless the whole family go with him.

586274750[/snapback]

I'd love a movie based around Peter. He's my favorite character by far.

i didnt say dont buy it and u should get your facts too.....capitalism is the one to blame not us.......we livbe in a society that is telling us buy,buy,buy and/or get it,get it, get it...some people buy it, some dont and some do both

we livbe in a society that is telling us buy,buy,buy and/or get it,get it, get it...some people buy it, some dont and some do both

586274784[/snapback]

I'm in total agreement with you there. It's where you alluded that not buying something legally is preferred so you can make a point about cheap overseas labor and the such.

By the way, I'm not trying to sound rude, mean, or hateful in my posts. I'm just trying to debate, which usually involves strongly getting your point across and exploiting flaws in others' logic.

no,no.no...i dont saying that...i just try to say that we sometimes pay for stuff that we really need like shoes,clothes,etc andthe people who is behind that doesnt get paid well......and then some people who gets pay a lot complain for few bucks they miss to get do to some downloading and for me thats not really fair u know.......idont say that because of that we should download.....i'm trying to xpres the best way i can but englis is not my first language

oh god...capitalism? jesus christ, so now the whole idea of making money to live well is the cause of all of this? Give me a break people. How many stupid things are you going to blame for yourself wanting to steal something? You don't want to buy it, plain and simple. Either you're too poor, or you're too stupid to be able to get a well paying job and be able to pay for things. I like what viserov said about how you most of you can buy a $2000-3000 laptop, a 550 dollar top-of-the-line video card, tons of video games, expensive clothes and shoes, cell phones, mp3 players...all the gadgets being reviewed on neowin...and yet no one can buy a cd or a dvd?

how is not being able to see the latest dvd not fair because you cant afford it? Of course it isn't fair, but since when was life fair to begin with?

Do you know how much time it takes to make an animation? Do you know how many people work there day in and out so they can make some money too? It's amazing how you people complain it's not fair that you can't see a type of entertainment because you're either too lazy to bank some money.

I'd love a movie based around Peter. He's my favorite character by far.

586274762[/snapback]

Yea, stewie is ok for one liners but a whole movie would kind a bit annoying I think.

I loved it the other day when Petter snorted milk all over brian and the girl he was with hahaha.

and like u not all inmy pc is 100% legit try my best tobut sometimes is just what the heck......i better spend the money in other things far better or important this cant wait or this people have enough money....its just weird moral values that we as society today we have....

well, considering how much i personally use my computer, i think its a good investment. I use my computer(s) for my job. moral values have nothing to do with this. it's mainly you wanting to be entertained for free.

Entertainers are workers. Not everyone can be a good entertainer, and the ones that are great, get paid well. Like Seth, but that doesn't mean we should demand that it be free. He has to live off Family Guy for the rest of his life, long after this series has been cancelled yet again because of 'fans' that won't buy his retail things.

oh god...capitalism? jesus christ, so now the whole idea of making money to live well is the cause of all of this? Give me a break people. How many stupid things are you going to blame for yourself wanting to steal something? You don't want to buy it, plain and simple. Either you're too poor, or you're too stupid to be able to get a well paying job and be able to pay for things. I like what viserov said about how you most of you can buy a $2000-3000 laptop, a 550 dollar top-of-the-line video card, tons of video games, expensive clothes and shoes, cell phones, mp3 players...all the gadgets being reviewed on neowin...and yet no one can buy a cd or a dvd?

how is not being able to see the latest dvd not fair because you cant afford it? Of course it isn't fair, but since when was life fair to begin with?

Do you know how much time it takes to make an animation? Do you know how many people work there day in and out so they can make some money too? It's amazing how you people complain it's not fair that you can't see a type of entertainment because you're either too lazy to bank some money.

586274830[/snapback]

u know what?

its the easy acces to it!! just that

and yes its capitalism....u learn u have to had this not matter what

....its just weird moral values that we as society today we have....

586274843[/snapback]

B.S.>

Its just weird moral values thatyou> have. Don't include me in your piracy.

I can't believe people here are stupid enough to post torrent links.

yes, my oh my how bit torrent has screwed up everything. Now people don't have to do anything to steal, where as just a few years ago you had to actually contribute something back to the community you worked for.

That's another problem, people that use bit torrent and think they are "in the scene" are even worse. They are purely leechers, and will probably always be leechers. They contribute nothing except for filling their hard drives with other people's copies. If you start downloading at the age of 13, of course you're not going to see anything wrong with it by the time you're 18. You'll have a few thousand songs you'd never have, and maybne a few hundred dvd's that mommy and daddy would never get for you. So you get sad because all the 'cool' kids have something you want.

It's the same crap over and over, you blame easy access, but what it really is is your greed to have this stuff and nothing more.

its also moral values u see.....we all know we should not steal but we download cause we dont see it like it.....i have the seasons of family guy but and too lazy to rip them...

Its just weird moral values that you have. Don't include me in your piracy

so u r saying u r not part of the society?

u dont know me and u r saying things without knowin i think we were discussing something not gettin personal....

i'm not 13, 18 or 25......i have a lots of mp3's and i have a lot of 33,45 and 78 and cd's......all of them together 3000+

and u know a funny thing: 7 years ago i went to florida and i found a cd that i have the LP i didnt open to i went bakc to my home and when i open i found it was a rip of the LP and it looks legit.....so this is everywhere this is somethin about values

well hey, how about i divulge into a few things of my own. I guess for me, since I now work at a place for entertainment, my views have significantly changed. I mean, the one thing I hate being the most is a hypocrite, and when I personally steal a cd from a band I know, it makes me feel like ****. A lot of these guys are great people who spend so much time making a cd so they can support their own family.

I think that's what the RIAA should really do, make videos showing working families struggling for money because no one wants to buy their cd and decides that downloading it is the best way. I just don't get impressed with people on forums like these when they post about the newest leak.

I had Cold's new cd 3 days before it leaked. I've had taproot's new cd for almost 2 weeks now and it still hasn't leaked, and the biggest cd I have right now is Disturbed. I've had that for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and that hasn't leaked either. I'm just not impressed with kids having to brag about a cd they stole to look cool. I don't understand the mentality and I don't understand why it's still around in neowin.

DT: so you got one bad cd. sometimes that happens to us, but should we decide to steal hundreds of cds because of one bad one? It's not really funny, but more ironic. If you want to say that society has pushed us into entertainment, I will somewhat agree, but in the end, you still choose what you listen to and what you buy. There are millions of artists around the world, and you have the liberty of BUYING whatever product you want.