Windows Vista Beta 1

Thanks!!! I did this and it works! It's a bit jumpy, but it looks nice!?:DD

Edit: it was only laggy because I had "Force software D3D" enabled in TweakVista, now its as fast as ever!

586298493[/snapback]

I dont see the option for "force software D3D@ in TweakVista, where is it?

EDIT: ok, found it in the latest version of tweakvista.

Edited by caboosemoose

haha yeah i dnt like the Shortcut's i hav a shortcut 2 my Hard drive on the desktop and i cant even see the hard disk icon because the short cut covers it!!

Wow there sure are a lot of bugs in Vista !!.

So much fun to test it anyway. I can't wait until PDC, we'll do it all over again. Then Beta 2. Then RC0. Then RC1. Then, we'll be able to upgrade to RC2 probably, and then when final comes out everyone will go nuts.

My experience so far is that 1.) Certain Apps will F it up 2.) It can't take the same amount of messing around (changing settings etc) than XP can

You definately cannot use this as a main system, no way.

When the windows move slowly i kill uxss.exe in Task Manager,

the screen goes black for 2 seconds, uxss.exe comes back and

vista gets smooth again :rolleyes:

Anybody get antivirus to work? If so, which one? I installed SAV CE 10, and windows wouldn't start, couldn't uninstall in safe mode, either.

The system is quite usable for me although it did freeze a couple times.

I haven't figured out how to run AOL Instant Messenger on it. Any work-arounds?

Anyone have any ideas about a missing tapi32 file on initial install.  The error comes up during the initial copying of files.

586299652[/snapback]

Are you installing from a burned DVD? could be a copy error during the burn process.

Are you installing from a burned DVD? could be a copy error during the burn process.

586299674[/snapback]

Yes I am installing from a burned copy... maybe I will burn it again... any speed I should try? I burned it at 8x the first time.

Yes I am installing from a burned copy... maybe I will burn it again...  any speed I should try?  I burned it at 8x the first time.

586299691[/snapback]

No particular speed i can suggest since errors in copying are unpredictable. Worst case would be to extract the files from the ISO to your Hard Drive and burn them from that, although I doubt it will be necessary.

No particular speed i can suggest since errors in copying are unpredictable. Worst case would be to extract the files from the ISO to your Hard Drive and burn them from that, although I doubt it will be necessary.

586299711[/snapback]

Thanks! I'll burn a new copy and try now.

How does Beta 1 behave in a dual boot environment? Does the Vista boot loader load Windows XP without too many errors?

586299677[/snapback]

the vista bootloader loads the xp bootloader if you choose xp. and loads vista if u choose that

How does Beta 1 behave in a dual boot environment? Does the Vista boot loader load Windows XP without too many errors?

586299677[/snapback]

ive just installed vista on one partition and ive got xp on another -> works fine with no errors :)

Man i wish i could figure out why my vista runs so slow.

Athlon 2000+

asrock kvm2 mobo

radeon 9800 pro

Like super slooww, scrolling in mirc..ie

REgarding the glass effects ,anyone got lucky with a Gforce 6200?? I've already tried to load the new drivers but doesnt work.

Any clue? Anyone made it work?

Thanks.

Man i wish i could figure out why my vista runs so slow.

Athlon 2000+

asrock kvm2 mobo

radeon 9800 pro

Like super slooww, scrolling in mirc..ie

586299787[/snapback]

How much memory do you have?

Could someone please tell me how big his Vista Beta installation is?

I mean the size of the OS after the installation.

I'm doing some testing and need this info to make partitions.

586292937[/snapback]

looks like nobody answered you so i will...its 3.9GB and some MB :) cca 4GB

:happy:

512MB ddr i get like 260MB free in taskmanager..

586299824[/snapback]

hmm...that suxx, ive got 230MB but everythings go fine, scrolling, everything...athlonxp 1700+ , msi kt4v, geforce 4ti 4200 ...(old iron :devil: )

hmm...that suxx, ive got 230MB but everythings go fine, scrolling, everything...athlonxp 1700+ , msi kt4v, geforce 4ti 4200 ...(old iron :devil: )

586299918[/snapback]

Ya exactly what i mean, my system is a bit better than yours, yet vista is soo slloow, it seems to be a video driver issue.