Windows Vista Beta 1

Install starts fine but then  get "An error occured while copying files" and  "Unable to find TAPI32.dll". Should I burn it again or is this an issue?

586327736[/snapback]

You could just try mounting the ISO using daemon tools or Alcohol 120%

Hey guys I was wondering

here's what I'm planning

I have to reformat my pc soon so I want to reformat, install vista beta for a while and screw around with it and then reformat again back to xp when I'm done experiencing the beta1.

Is this possible? is it possible to reformat after vista beta installed

Hey guys I was wondering

here's what I'm planning

I have to reformat my pc soon so I want to reformat, install vista beta for a while and screw around with it and then reformat again back to xp when I'm done experiencing the beta1.

Is this possible? is it possible to reformat after vista beta installed

586327816[/snapback]

It would be possible, but why use it as a primary os? Just have a dual boot with XP :).

It would be possible, but why use it as a primary os? Just have a dual boot with XP :).

586327844[/snapback]

I just thought it would be the cleanest, easiest way to do it since I'm reformatting in a few days anyways... So I can do it this way right?

but wahts this dual boot thing?

When will there be a beta that will let you udgrade

586326390[/snapback]

Windows Vista Beta 2 will be letting you upgrade from xp. Beta 2 is also rumored to be shared with the public, so maybe Microsoft will distribute it on their website? Who knows. It's possible

I just thought it would be the cleanest, easiest way to do it since I'm reformatting in a few days anyways... So I can do it this way right?

586327891[/snapback]

Basically, if you install 2 OS's, XP on partition 1 and Vista on your second for example, it will ask you on boot what OS you want to load.

Basically, if you install 2 OS's, XP on partition 1 and Vista on your second for example, it will ask you on boot what OS you want to load.

586327946[/snapback]

Tutorial anywhere plz?

The system is quite usable for me although it did freeze a couple times.

I haven't figured out how to run AOL Instant Messenger on it. Any work-arounds?

586299678[/snapback]

I've got AOL instant messenger 5.9 and it fails to install. It just hangs while copying file image32.dll on my Dell GX280. Tried on my AMD 64 and it worked fine...

A Bug for sure. I guess MS and AOL both need to work on it. :D

Yea my brother has a Gateway 700GR, which is P4 3.4GHz Prescott, 1GB PC3200, 36GB 10,000RPM Raptor, 250GB 7200RPM WD. When he tried to install Vista on his computer, it just kept restarting after the blue screen which said "installing..." And then after it restarts, it goes back to the blue screen... and keeps doing it over and over again.

Did he download a bad ISO file? His SATA150 do not need drivers because they are native to the south bridge. When installing XP, he does not need to load drivers, therefore, there should be no need to install drivers for Vista. So any ideas?

Can someone post a screenshot of their Vista, browsing this forums? The more text on the screenshot, the better ^^

I noticed recently that text seems kinda big and a bit blurry on my installation ( I'm using a GeForce 6600GT with the nVidia alpha drivers ) and I'm curious if its just me :)

Hi,

Could any1 share self login name, psw and ID login to msdn (plz, to my e-mail vmuzas@takas.lt, promise I won't give it to anyboody else).

I haven't succeeded to login with passport.

PLZZZZZZZZZ

Thanx in advance

586327891[/snapback]

You can ALWAYS format your hard drive. The only thing that could stop you is a physical failure of the drive itself.

No offense, but if you don't understand the basic principles of reformating and dual-booting, then you really shouldn't be using a beta OS... :rolleyes: Beta's are not intended for novices and often require some operations to be done the hard way as the GUI way isn't available yet...

You'll be far better off waiting for the release version and letting MS hold your hand through the installation...

Hi,

Could any1 share self login name, psw and ID login to msdn (plz, to my e-mail vmuzas@takas.lt, promise I won't give it to anyboody else).

PLZZZZZZZZZ

Thanx in advance

586329880[/snapback]

Sheesh.. you don't SERIOUSLY expect someone to do that do you? Have you ANY idea just how much an MSDN subscription costs? And you want someone to GIVE you their login details?

The only thing you're likely to get in that email address is lots and lots of extra spam! :yes: :woot:

I have installed Windows Vista but I have probem with my wirelles connection. I have an Usb wireless adapter (USR 805422) from US Robotics. The drivers was installed succesfully , but when I start the software that came with the driver, it closes instantly. I cant even search for available networks, the program wont let me. What can I do to solve this?

Does someone experience the same problem?

Your help is needed here...

Any chance of forcing the aero effects to work on an oldie geforce2 mx ? This rig currently has a 64mb one, and just wanted to know if i could force it on somehow, as nVidia's drivers dont support it (obviously, a 5-6 year old card to the very least).. TweakVista maybe ?

I have installed Windows Vista but I have probem with my wirelles connection. I have an Usb wireless adapter (USR 805422) from US Robotics. The drivers was installed succesfully , but when I start the software that came with the driver, it closes instantly. I cant even search for available networks, the program wont let me. What can I do to solve this? 

Does someone experience the same problem?

Your help is needed here...

586329947[/snapback]

1.Make sure you have the newest version of your usb wireless adapter's driver or software from the product's company(you should be able to d.l it off from their website or so)

2.the software you installed is probablly not compatabile with windows vista..

3. have you try to use the wirless zero configuration? its the default windows wireless setting....

1.Make sure you have the newest version of your usb wireless adapter's driver or software from the product's company(you should be able to d.l it off from their website or so)

2.the software you installed is probablly not compatabile with windows vista..

3. have you try to use the wirless zero configuration? its the default windows wireless setting....

586330199[/snapback]

I have tried the options you've said, not working. I cant understand, I have no error with the drivers for the USB Wireless Stick. Just the software from USR who is buggy. Is there any other WIFI software that can connect me to my router?

Anyone have any problem where the hard drive just starts to turn on and go, and then nothing else works?? I'm not sure if it is a processing hanging, drivers, or the OS. I was surfing yesterday, and the hard drive light on my laptop went on....so I waited...and nothing ever happened. It just kept the light on....and no response from anything...but the mouse was still moving, but I couldn't do anything else.

Any chance of forcing the aero effects to work on an oldie geforce2 mx ? This rig currently has a 64mb one, and just wanted to know if i could force it on somehow, as nVidia's drivers dont support it (obviously, a 5-6 year old card to the very least).. TweakVista maybe ?

586329986[/snapback]

It won't work, Geforces up to 4 aren't supported, as they don't have DX9, or Pixel Shader 2.0 support.

Hi,

PLZZZZZZZZZ

Thanx in advance

586329880[/snapback]

ROFL!!! Nobody will give you details. It's not the done thing, and don't ask for a link, its agianst the rules. If you don't know how to aquire it, I suggest you don't mess around with this beta and you wait till it's release.

I have tried the options you've said, not working. I cant understand, I have no error with the drivers for the USB Wireless Stick. Just the software from USR who is buggy. Is there any other WIFI software that can connect me to my router?

586330476[/snapback]

I would guess when u install the software for ur usb wireless adapter it turn off the wiress zero configuration off....try to uninstall the software and restart ur computer and than get into services to check if the wireless zero configuration is on or not....