Official NFL Season 2005 Thread

Damn why isn't anyone posting? Well I can't edit the last one so I have to commit the cardinal sin and triple post :blush: .

Awesome Giants game tonight. Eli started off hot but the second half the Giants' offense as a whole didn't do much of anything. The defense has looked great though. Six takeaways and limiting McAllister to 47 yards and no TDs? I'm very pleased :yes: . Plus in two games only 103 rushing yards allowed? And 69 points scored? It's all good. Traveling to San Diego next week should be a good barometer to see where we're at. So far, so good. Would like to see less penalties, though. Especially dumb personal fouls. Let the Saints keep a drive or two alive with encroachment, too. That has to stop. In a close game those penalties could've cost them dearly.

edit> Holy crap! The Redskins actually came up clutch?!?! C'mon 'Boys get that TD back! Not just a FG but a TD. Pleeeeeease, for the sake of my picks lol. That would be perfect.

O it would've been great if he broke that return.

:ermm: what the hell was that. WHy wouldn't you run to the marker?! Wow.

Geez, this game suddenly became interesting in the last 5 minutes.

Edited by bigbluepride35

seriously, who expect that won? not me, but I am happy to see that Portis is not the only good offensive player on the Redskins, great won with great performances by Moss and Brunell without even using Portis.

I hate the *U&@ing redskins. god @#@!ing damn it. How do the Cowboys blow a 13 point lead in 2 minutes after dominating on D all night.

*sigh* I guess it's just sports.

niners lose bad i love it,

omg the raiders play the egales next week omg 0-3

586549643[/snapback]

I'd rather be a young team like the Niners than a team like the Raiders, full of veterans and old coaches, who are going to start off with a WORSE record than the Niners.

Different players for the Raiders, same stupid mistakes. I remember them racking up penalty after penalty when Art Shell was head coach...glad to see nothing has changed in 10+ years.

I'd rather be a young team like the Niners than a team like the Raiders, full of veterans and old coaches, who are going to start off with a WORSE record than the Niners.

Different players for the Raiders, same stupid mistakes. I remember them racking up penalty after penalty when Art Shell was head coach...glad to see nothing has changed in 10+ years.

lol, the NFL hates the raiders its funny then people dont think that.

look at this

1 Thu, Sep 8 at New England

2 Sun, Sep 18 Kansas City

3 Sun, Sep 25 at Philadelphia

4 Sun, Oct 2 Dallas

5 -- bye

6 Sun, Oct 16 San Diego

7 Sun, Oct 23 Buffalo ^

8 Sun, Oct 30 at Tennessee*

9 Sun, Nov 6 at Kansas City

10 Sun, Nov 13 Denver^

11 Sun, Nov 20 at Washington

12 Sun, Nov 27 Miami^

13 Sun, Dec 4 at San Diego

14 Sun, Dec 11 at NY Jets

15 Sun, Dec 18 Cleveland*

16 Sat, Dec 24 at Denver^

17 Sat, Dec 31 NY Giants

should win ^

likely going to win*

I'm not saying they don't have a tough schedule but have you seen San Diego's? They play Pittsburgh and at Indianapolis, compared to the Raiders playing both Dallas and Cleveland at home. Plus, the Raiders have 3 straight home games with a BYE thrown in there. So, the NFL hates the Raiders but not that much. :laugh:

Can somone explain to me in basic English (for a Limey) the 4th down rule? Was watching NFL on five last night, someone scored a touchdown but it didn't count because of the 4th down rule?

Can somone explain to me in basic English (for a Limey) the 4th down rule? Was watching NFL on five last night, someone scored a touchdown but it didn't count because of the 4th down rule?

586552732[/snapback]

Can you be more specific about what happened? As far as I know, there is no "4th down rule".

I'd rather be a young team like the Niners than a team like the Raiders, full of veterans

the raiders only have 11 of their 50 players are in their 30's(22%)

Badger, Brad

Collins, Kerry

Crockett, Zack

Hamilton, Bobby

Jasper, Ed

Sapp, Warren

Sims, Barry

Treu, Adam

Walker, Denard

Washington, Ted

Whitted, Alvis

most teams get older but the raiders get younger

only Shane Lechler(P)(29) will be 30 next year

other teams

49ers, packers 8

bills 11

most teams dont show ages

Can you be more specific about what happened?  As far as I know, there is no "4th down rule".

586552869[/snapback]

Some googling tells me that the 4th down rule is that you have to punt or kick if it is the 4th down. Seems to only really exist in computer games though.

Some googling tells me that the 4th down rule is that you have to punt or kick if it is the 4th down. Seems to only really exist in computer games though.

586557337[/snapback]

You don't have to but usually you do unless it's 4th down and reeeeally short yardage and you want to take a chance or you're down by so much and it's near the end of the game that you can't afford to kick the ball away. Usually you choose to punt away because if you go for it and do not convert then the opposing team receives the ball at the last spot. If you punt away, obviously you send them back.

Man the Colts are still doing it with D. That's nuts. I can't believe they only scored 13 against Cleveland but still won.

Miami's going to do it again?!?!?! I can't believe this. I expected Miami to be better than a lot of people expected but not beat Denver anmd Carolina to be 2-1 after the first 3 weeks. I though the Jets game was their best chance at a win in the first three and they win the other two. Geeeez. Crazy NFL lol. I guess that's one of the reasons you have to love it! :D Doesn't help with picks though lol. :pinch:

Anyone ready to accept that Palmer's a GOOD QUALITY NFL qb yet? :p

A ton of early games are coming down to the wire today. Quality games.

On the foxsports.com NFL scoreboard, anyone know what the FP* stat column is?

Ok I'm going to go watch the NE-Pitt game. I'll be back at either halftime or the end of the game to continue my commentary lol.

Edited by bigbluepride35

Couldn't edit anymore so have to post again. So, apparently San Fran is a completely different team at home than on the road lol. Friggin insane. Of course Dallas is helping them with the turnovers.

edit> Man, clutch drive by New England.

O Bledsoe to Keyshawn coming up huge!!!

Edited by bigbluepride35

Woooooow! Lucky. They could've let that go. Morgan still DROPPED the ball.

Hell of a game. Adam Vinatieri's going to be the hero again. ;) I hope.

edit> w00T!!!!! O yeah go me with the call lol. Acutally anyone probably could have called that. Goodbye Big Ben's regular season winning streak! Brady was SOOOO clutch in the 4th quarter. Well, the whole Patriots team was clutch. And THAT folks is why Brady is the best QB in the league. :D :D

BTW, after the Giants the Pats' are my second favorite team. I'm not just excited because of my pick 'em pick lol.

Awesome game overall.

Edited by bigbluepride35

I dunno looks like LT might be about to have his breakout game of the year. :unsure:

edit> Forgot to mention. Anyone see David Akers kick the winning field goal with bad hammy and all and then collapse on the floor? Never thought I'd say what great heart for a kicker lol. Why didn't Philly dress another kicker?

Oof. This is getting ugly quick. Our defense looks like it's in slow-mo. :(

Edited by bigbluepride35