Pentium or AMD?

in times like these (summer) its good to have a system that doesnt generate too much heat so you wont have to run the AC all day and so it wont feel like an oven in your room :ermm:

i'll admit.. my room does get a tad bit warmer.. (yeah just a tad.. i can live with it..) when i don't have my celing fan on and my door closed.. but i always leave my fan on.. i belive my A/C is set to 78 degrees Farenhiet if that makes a difference. Also i also like having some fans in my room. i also enjoy the lull of the purr making me sleep.. even with intels..

amds are nice.. i choose them because to my eyes amd is the manufactuerer that caters to the power user.. not to some n00b that goes.. wow 1.8ghz with 512 800mhz ram is faster then 1.533 with 512 266mhz.. i hope you get what companies i'm talking about there..

i think if you compared true clockspeed to true clockspeed amd will come out ontop..

i got the following from pricewatch..

$114 - Pentium 4 1.5GHz Sock 478

there were two p4 1.5ghz.. one had sock 478 next to it .. the other didn't, the one that didn't was more $$ so i choose cheaper one..

$82 - Athlon XP 1800

ok so the AMD is 33mhz faster :p

if someone knows the sisoft info on both those cpus.. please post.. because i have dual 1800 and my sisoft only shows multiple cpu comparisons.. no single cpus.. unless 300mhz lol

for stability i dont' think you can argue.. lets put an example situation.. if you are building an amd system what mobo and cpu do you use? obviously not VIA or SiS correct? I went with the amd760 if i remember right. i have to look that up agian.. tyan tiger mp s2460.. i haven't had any crashes related to my cpu so far. Its all been related to user. like installing za and i could never open any apps.. lol

but for intels.. i'm not sure what u avoid..

okay, i can..

pentium has the highest clock speed.. 2.53 ghz.. the 2.2 mhz can go all the way up to like, 3.0 ghz.. its pretty good.. compare that to the athlon..

$211 - Athlon XP 2200

$226 - Pentium 4 2.2GHz Sock 478

Your basically buying a 3 ghz right there, vs. an 2200 XP

erm who in there right mind needs 3Ghz chip and how they overclock this stuff is not normal

look at this this is not the work of a sane person, some army guy done this to get 16k 3d 2001 marks for wtf for?!?!!?

look at it its like bits of car engine washing machine startin to look like mini hovercraft

http://www.solidhardware.com/macci/vaporphase/

So, you want less techno eh?

My computer AMD. It go fast.

My old computer Pentium 2. It go not as fast, because older.

My older computer Pentium 1. It go not as fast as Pentium 2, because older.

I want new computer, AMD or Pentium. I want it faster. I no care, so long as price good and speed fast.

~D

heh that last post right there about no techno was good.. funny hehe

and Initial 2k2 what do u mean u can't argue? i'm not gettin it. i need sleep

i dont understand what you are implying

and also agian to initial.. you are saying that AMD's cannot be overclocked am i correct?

I wonder what will they say when the Opteron's come out so we can compare them against a Intel P4? Hmm let's see

(oh, wait, they aren't the same class of processors or speeds? Oh... wait.. i'm sorry. :right: :s :cheeky: :ponder: :paranoid: )

This is where the big war comes in... and yet it's always it's always by 2 none equal sides. The AMD 2200+ isn't as fast or even manufactured under the same processes as the P4 2.53Ghz Northwood so why are they even being compared.

What i'd like to know tho, is do the P4 people agree (besides the "heat and stability problems" - problems? no problems at all but whatever) doesn't the 2200+ plus perform ALMOST as fast as the 2.53Ghz P4? Or does it complete blow it out the water by like 50% faster or something?

The AMD 2200+ is the one manafactured at .13nm, it is very close to the P4 and exceeds it in most cases. Then intel go and release the 2.8GHz, lol.

It's a never ending spiral of AMD playing catch up (although very well).

Originally posted by Dazzla

The AMD 2200+ is the one manafactured at .13nm, it is very close to the P4 and exceeds it in most cases. Then intel go and release the 2.8GHz, lol.

It's a never ending spiral of AMD playing catch up (although very well).

when they spit out barton, then they'll be caught up

till then p4, still has an edge in the L2 cache dept.

nice point brought up by the opetrons and bartons and same with the 2.8ghz w/ the L2 cache.. or all the p4's w/ cache. lol

but those aren't out yet.. can't test those out. i think i remember seeing a review in which the 800mhz hammer kept up with present cpus.. if someone remembers the link. PLEASE POST IT.. i wanna see if i remember right. lol :p :D

While testing the system the aluminium heatsink with its relatively quiet fan didn't even get hand-hot. That says something about the low power consumption of the rather small die.

thats a quote from that same place in the conclusion..!

Originally posted by V_F

erm who in there right mind needs 3Ghz chip and how they overclock this stuff is not normal

look at this this is not the work of a sane person, some army guy done this to get 16k 3d 2001 marks for wtf for?!?!!?

Ever heard of hobbies? Ya know, things you do for fun?

I doubt the thought of "I'm gonna cane the hell out of AMD Users with this" ever crossed his mind. Why get so irate over something so trivial, you stick with AMD and he'll (and me) stick with Intel.

hahahaha

no i don't but i couldn't think of anything to make my sig pic into so i decided.. hey lets annoy the hell outta people and i choose a&f..

i should get paid for that shouldn't i?

AS an experiment... couldn't someone dip a motherboard including all the crap on it, in some heat conductive (but not electricity conductive) substance, THEN dip it in a vat of molten aluminium?

Think of the cooling!

Originally posted by Dessimat0r

AS an experiment... couldn't someone dip a motherboard including all the crap on it, in some heat conductive (but not electricity conductive) substance, THEN dip it in a vat of molten aluminium?

Think of the cooling!

ROFL whatever ur smoking man pass it over!! :p:p

Originally posted by Dessimat0r

Think of the cooling!

LOL!!!

we should try that.. OMG that would rock

its like yeah man amds have way to much heat..

STFU my AMD is only at 13C.. 0o0 .. mm.. /me sex0rz the board. uhh wait.. NOOO

i need to calm down.. no u don't yeah u .. i'm going to stop now