Google Talk website OPEN!

Looks great so far. Add me to your list. I'd love to chat with you guys. I'll be on after classes are done tomorrow.

rwins4 [at] gmail [dot] com

Wow, this is awesome. One of the things that makes it cool is that it uses Jabber, so if you don't like the Google client, you can use any other Jabber client you want (I don't know if this will change in the future, though).

yes it is indeed very plain.

1. no history

2. no font changes

3. no smilies

4. no customization of notifications

5. no gropuing

... etc

and those are just basic features (they are all i need).

assuming the above is added ... it will be a great app.

very slick interface.

has anyone tried out the voice chat feature?

586423354[/snapback]

Yeah.. I did with a few people on here. Sounded great. Although, I didn't have a MIC and it sent my ATI TV sounds as a mic.

Wow this is terrible! First and foremost; don't get my wrong I love:

1. Google Search

2. Gmail

3. Picasa

4. Blogger

5. Google Earth

This is crap. It is only for Gmail users?! None of my friends have a clue what Gmail is! I was really hoping for AIM interoperability. This doens't even seem like an IM client. I guess it isn't really. I guess I just pegged it wrong from the start. This is not an alternative to AIM or MSN. The interface is gorgeously simple, but what you see is what you get. I know this is a beta, but I can't see this getting much different.

I really don't see the need for this. If you wanna IM, use AIM or MSN. If you want to talk (voice) to friends, use AIM, MSN, or a VOIP service. Google Talk seems like an akward go-between.

I certainly can't see merely getting friends to sign up for a new IM client that is no better than AIM, but furthermore getting them to sign up for Gmail? Pfft.

I was really looking forward to this, I guess I was just expecting a different product.

I can't sign in :no: and it doesn't get past "signing in" I checked in connection and its set to "detect proxy automaticlly" any help with this?

PS. not behind a firewall nor firewall software

PS: what forum to post this don't know I do /yoda :p

sorry if this has been asked before, but what theme are they using in their screenshots? it looks like a 3rd party visual style or windowblinds....

hi i just downloaded the program and was wondering if its possible to get speaker/sound card output to be used as a mic input... e.g. play music and have the other person hear what is being played? thanks.

-scuzlbut

hi i just downloaded the program and was wondering if its possible to get speaker/sound card output to be used as a mic input... e.g. play music and have the other person hear what is being played? thanks.

-scuzlbut

586423384[/snapback]

You should be able to change this in your Windows Volume Control. Change the input to "What You Hear".