Google Talk website OPEN!

Probably already posted, but anyone else notice the "New! Get Google Talk so you can call and send instant messages to your friends for free." at the bottom of GMail's settings? ;)

mynimal[at]gmail.com

586423468[/snapback]

Yep I noticed that right before I found myself reading in this thread :)

The UI looks very boring to me, and I don't see any features that would make me want to use it over MSN or Yahoo!. Think I'll pass on this one. Another IM isn't needed, and just because it's by Google that doesn't automatically make it good IMO.

The idea of the service is great, but crappy client, hardly support anything...

AQUaDeX is my username for those who want to add me, but don't expect me to be online with this thing all the time...

The UI looks very boring to me, and I don't see any features that would make me want to use it over MSN or Yahoo!. Think I'll pass on this one. Another IM isn't needed, and just because it's by Google that doesn't automatically make it good IMO.

586423499[/snapback]

Remember It's the first release, you can't expect them to come out with all guns blazing right away. I think Google will tweak this client nicely, we can only give them ideas. I think they did very well for a first release, remember what the first msn looked like? Like poo poo. This looks quite nice, well done google I say. I have faith they will improve this client nicely.

I hope. :rofl:

very nice,but they should add smilies and some other stuff.. I would never ever look back to msn if they made this multiprotocol.. isnt jabber supposed to be that way? i dont know , oh well.. very nice

Hopefully they'll add text formatting and emoticons into the final build.. and the possibility of other non-bloaty features like small display pictures.

paulwilde is my GMail account if you wish to talk. :)

I guess I'm missing something here; how do I add people? I clicked 'Add friend' selected some contacts (which it entered into the box), but the 'Next' button remains greyed out. Any ideas?

586423536[/snapback]

Are they gmail?

and in the format of user@gmail.com ?

whats up with the invitations..? i dont get it.

586423546[/snapback]

What dont ya get? you ask som1 if they want to add you to their list or if they want to accept or block you.

Add me if you want.

ruhmann.ds

I agree with most other posts..i love the minimal look, msn is way to bloated for me, aim has to many ads and whats yahoo :cool:

but i use all 3 and if they make it compatible with at least one of those then i will def switch. i say they wil because they know they are coming in late in the IM game and have to cach up and they cant honestly expect eveyone to drop there other ims and everyone on there ims to drop etc etc. so they will make it compatible to draw people ocer slowly.

Are they gmail?

and in the format of user@gmail.com ?

586423545[/snapback]

Yes, they are Gmail users. I tried again, and it worked the second time. Weird.

:wacko: