16 year old youth beaten by police

Originally posted by whybkuul

So going by your logic.. If her son rushed at her with a knife, and stabbed her a few times, she should not call the police, because he is her OWN son; same blood, same genes. Have you even read over your posts before hitting submit? I think you should use the button named "preview reply" and just take a moment to do so. Your logic makes absolutely NO sense at all...

I think my logic is very good, I do program you know. And, so I am going to use programming for this easy explanation.

Murder = Crime

Steal = Crime

but Murder != Stealing

Steal = Lesser crime/sin

Mulder = Bigger crime/sin

Steal = Easier to forgive

Murder = Very hard to forgive

Tell me, Is there NO sense in this logic? I am not a total idiot u know, so stop treat me like one!!!! :right:

Also, Read the 16:44 post above, I've held myself to very high standard, and I did think twice and maybe crooks is more criminal than what appears to be told by Media... who knows.

Originally posted by JediXAngel

I think my logic is very good, I do program you know. And, so I am going to use programming for this easy explanation.

Murder = Crime

Steal = Crime

but Murder != Stealing

Steal = Lesser crime/sin

Mulder = Bigger crime/sin

Steal = Easier to forgive

Murder = Very hard to forgive

Tell me, Is there NO sense in this logic? I am not a total idiot u know, so stop treat me like one!!!! :right:

Also, Read the 16:44 post above, I've held myself to very high standard, and I did think twice and maybe crooks is more criminal than what appears to be told by Media... who knows.

here we will make this easy

you = raised by your parents for 18 years, fed, loved, had your bottom wiped lovingly for the first 2 of those years and probably put through college by them as well.

stealing from parents = different than if the guy down the block does it. viewed as betrayal by people who are the closest to you and wouldn't ever expect you to do such a thing. very very bad

I've known plenty of people that have grassed their own kids if they have done something bad and the reason why they have done it is because they raised the person to be better than that and have been betrayed. So just like they used to beat your ass or had you on punishment when you were younger, they figure that a dose of jail time surely will get you sorted.

Originally posted by Wickedkitten

You obviously didn't come preinstalled with a Logic patch. Just because they are your parents that doesn't mean that they can't press charges on you. Would your mum just bake you a pie after you tried to hock her 3000 dollar entertainment centre for ?40? I don't think so. Does patricide and matricide mean anything to you?

>

I STILL think if you are a good kid and all, but for ONCE you just done something of a smaller crime to your own parents. In that case, you parents arecruel> to send you to jail, instead of forgiven you.

But that's just my opinion, and I double-checked twice and there is NOTHING wrong with that logic. It's not because I am dumb, no sense of morality, or whatever. It's just personality!!!

However, if the kid isn't good kid at all, and has done more than once or twice crimes that his parents are ashamed enough of, then I guess it's probably not cruel for the mother to teach her son a lesson.

Although, I still don't know what else has Crook done that counts as shameful crimes, in the past. The media hasn't revealed any of it, and I probably shouldn't bother to care (it's privacy stuff to Crooks) but as you said, I'm getting a bit too worked up about this. So, I guess I will come back later. I am going to take a breather!

My goodness, this case is getting stranger and stranger every day:DD

Originally posted by codyg11

here's some logic for ya:

this thread = useless

obviously it wasn't so useless that you weren't compelled to post on it were you?

Stealing is a crime no matter from whom you steal. You cannot take away what rightfully belongs to another, no matter if it's your own mother, still it amounts to stealing punishable under law. Can you comprehend that in your twisted mind lady ?

I can't believe I just read all 14 pages of this thread! I kept hoping it was going to get better, but it never did.

I really respect the police. I think that if you do something stupid in your dealings with the police you should suffer the consequences (if there are any). Based on what I've read, heard, and seen, I'm disappointed that this situation is getting as much media coverage as it is. Should the cop have struck the boy? No. Was the boy treated too severely? Maybe, maybe not. Should the media concentrate on more important issues? Yes.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Flame me, don't fllame me, I don't care.

The thing is that the media only showed the part that the boy was slammed against the car and beat, not anything beforehand. Someone that did not know or see what happened before that occured would think this is police brutality. The fact is that no one really knows what happened for that to occur. I am just reinforcing that point.

it's sad where the priorites of this world lie.

here we are talking about a crime and it's a 14 page long thread..

i'll state my opinion very clearly so there is no mis-understanding

THIS KID DESERVED WHAT HE GOT AND SO DID RODNEY KING.

and if any of you think otherwise you deserve to be beaten as well. if you lunge at a cop, charge at him, touch him, strike him, or do anything other than what he orders you to do, then you deserve to be beaten down. PERIOD.

we, that means me and you, pay those men to risk there lives every single day to protect your worthless ass's. and for any of you to sit here debate the rights and wrongs of policemen defending themselfs, is the same as saying there lifes are not worth spit to you.

this case has no merrit, nor did the rodney king case. those men attempted to attack policemen.. they got what they deserve. no if's and's or buts.

we give police the rights to act aggresivly and we give them the rights to use deadly force, and more importantly we give them the rights to protect themselfs however they deam neccassary..

there is a big difference between a cop pulling you over for speeding and beating you down with his night stick and some ******* attacking policemen and getting beat down for it..

there is a big difference and as far as i'm concerned, this topic this case, doesnt deserve this much attention.

cure cancer, or brain tumors or something worth a damn. becuz this crap sure as hell is a waste of resources..

BTW - when i spoke of "you" i was generalizing.. my comments are directed twords people in general not any one person specifically..so nobody get your panties in a bunch and i know there are some "sensitive" people here..

Originally posted by forsaken

don't quote crap ~ Dazzla

LOL

You find that ignorant comment funny? He's since been banned ~ Dazzla :right:

Originally posted by forsaken

Good man codyg11, but I think we'll leave what he said between the people who managed to read it while it was there.

uh, that comment doesn't work around here

No Racism, No Threatening, No (citing) Victimization (via PM) or Hateful posts

Originally posted by blitzkrg

and if any of you think otherwise you deserve to be beaten as well. if you lunge at a cop, charge at him, touch him, strike him, or do anything other than what he orders you to do, then you deserve to be beaten down. PERIOD.

we, that means me and you, pay those men to risk there lives every single day to protect your worthless ass's. and for any of you to sit here debate the rights and wrongs of policemen defending themselfs, is the same as saying there lifes are not worth spit to you.

this case has no merrit, nor did the rodney king case. those men attempted to attack policemen.. they got what they deserve. no if's and's or buts.

we give police the rights to act aggresivly and we give them the rights to use deadly force, and more importantly we give them the rights to protect themselfs however they deam neccassary..

there is a big difference between a cop pulling you over for speeding and beating you down with his night stick and some ******* attacking policemen and getting beat down for it..

there is a big difference and as far as i'm concerned, this topic this case, doesnt deserve this much attention.

cure cancer, or brain tumors or something worth a damn. becuz this crap sure as hell is a waste of resources..

BTW - when i spoke of "you" i was generalizing.. my comments are directed twords people in general not any one person specifically..so nobody get your panties in a bunch and i know there are some "sensitive" people here..

i LIKE YOUR THINKING!

Originally posted by JediXAngel

What I am surprised is his mother pressed charge against his OWN son?

Wow, a lots of you parents are so cold.

I know my parents wouldn't do that, and I wouldn't do that to my own kids.

Yes, and apparently they did such a stellar job raising you. Such insight and intellect you display. Believe me, you claim to be holding yourself back and being a good boy about this thread...you really have no idea how bad I'm holding myself back. Honestly...you amaze me at your complete and utter lacking of common sense. Being a programmer has nothing to do with having no friggin' clue about real life. "But I is good programmer, so I must be having good logic" Makes perfect sense, yeah.

who made you ruler of neowin, everyone is entitled to they're own opinion here. And if your referring to the typo he made you just being a jerk. We all make typos and if someone where to monitor you 24/7 you'd make one too. BTW I agree with his point, if I had children I could never press charges agaisnt my own child. But you better believe they'd be disaplined.

- edit - I cant believe that just something in the news would make people go against each other like this, this thread should be closed its nothing but flame. There are many aspects to the event that happened, people see it through different eyes, Doesnt matter what your race or occupation is. And you cant say what happened before the incident cause its not on video tape, so theres no argument there. What happened, Happened. it doesnt concern anyone but the people involved on a personal level so you people shouldnt be argueing like this.

Originally posted by Genesis

who made you ruler of neowin, everyone is entitled to they're own opinion here. And if your referring to the typo he made you just being a jerk. We all make typos and if someone where to monitor you 24/7 you'd make one too. BTW I agree with his point, if I had children I could never press charges agaisnt my own child. But you better believe they'd be disaplined.

Read the whole thread. It's pure idiocy. I'm not referring to any typos, but the whole foundation of his logic. Try to pay a little attention and *read* what people are saying. :right:

I'm not sure if I'm the only one whose brought this up...too lazy to see if anyone else did...while watching the video, I saw that one of the cops had a big cut of the side of his face. Maybe this could have been from a scuffle with the kid...this may show that the kid tried to fight which would give more reason to be so "violent". Really, slamming the kids head on the trunk was just a result of anger. When the cop punched the kid, he went too far....just my thoughts. :ninja:

Originally posted by blitzkrg

Violence never solved anything. In fact it has been shown that corporal punishment doesn't work in the long run. That in places which condone it also have many cases of abuse of the elderly as well in that the children are getting their revenge on their parents later for the abuse they received as children.

And no, these people in the video didn't deserve to be beaten as they were. Police have to be held to a higher standard because they are the ones who are suppose to be enforcing our laws for us. Letting the police act in the manner, which was shown in the video, makes them no different than the KGB and other such thugs of tyranny. You are suppose to be fighting a war against such things. It is this sort of "justice" which those who bombed the WTC also condone and practice. With your support of this brutality also means that you are no different as well and a traitor to peace and the freedom you so enjoy.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are great... Until they get in your way.

Originally posted by Genesis

His logic is his own. As i stated before who are you to question it. Ignore it if it bothers you.

He has no logic. None. Zip, zilch, nada. But thanks for the input. This has been going back and forth for 6 pages now. Glad you could jump in. If you don't like it, butt out, thanks. Or ignore what I'm saying. Just as he could. It works both ways. He replies, I have every right to reply back. It's what the "Reply" button is for. :right:

hmm..well, I read most of this thread, and was just wondering. If this cop had to go in for a criminal trial (hopefully not...I personally think it would be a little extreme under these circumstances, and I say that from what I know now...regardles of what happened before the video we see)...how the jury would go. I suppose it would depend on its make up...but considering some of the views thrown around here, it would make for an interesting case.

Here's how I would break it down.

1) accounts of racism from someone (preferably two people) other than the man and his son...

2)Proof from the other officers (who, unlike in the Rodney King beating, appear to have done very little here, and would make them more credible witnesses) that the officer in question was out of hand.

3)Testimony from a wide section of bystanders about what happened (I seem to remeber the original article stating that this drew quite a crowd).

Once these come out, you can draw an opinion. Until then...just take it at face value. This probably means you a) hate violence and what happened here...or b) think a little beat-down can be good sometimes. Considering this country has a personal affection for wrestling and action movies...I'm suprised more people even question a cop punching a man in handcuffs.

Or maybe everyone just expects that the officer will get gunned down by the Russian mafia next week ;)

Or maybe everyone just expects that the officer will get gunned down by the Russian mafia next week ;)

LOL, yeah that's what i was thinking too, hey they could be monitoring us right now ::paranoid:

From the Minnesota Statutes:

609.23 Mistreatment of persons confined.

Whoever, being in charge of or employed in any institution,

whether public or private, intentionally abuses or ill-treats

any person confined therein who is mentally or physically

disabled or who is involuntarily confined therein by order of

court or other duly constituted authority may be sentenced to

imprisonment for not more than one year or to payment of a fine

of not more than $3,000, or both.

I would suspect that every State has a Statute that says substantially what this one does.

If we are to forge that link in the chain that allows for any person or entity to effect retribution without due process, we begin the process that changes the nature of our rights. If we are to stand before the world and proclaim ourselves to be a just society, then we must wear the mantle of our Constitution in that all men are created equal and entitled to certain rights as citizens . . . due process is among those rights.

Where does it stop? If it's OK to punch a handcuffed suspect, is it OK to mace him? How bout using a stick? Or should the Police just take him to a secluded beach and hold him under until the bubbles stop . . .

If we do not hold our Peace Officers to a higher standard of conduct, then we shall never enjoy a higher standard of service. These men took an oath. An oath to uphold the law without passion or prejudice. I don't care if that young boy just shot a little old lady, drumhead trials are inappropriate and street justoce has no place in a country where the Government and the people claim to be civilized.

If what was on this video is representative of what America wants from it's law enforcement professionals that perhaps we should take "Under God" out of the pledge . . .

JMHO

-TR

Originally posted by azazel-

He has no logic. None. Zip, zilch, nada. But thanks for the input. This has been going back and forth for 6 pages now. Glad you could jump in. If you don't like it, butt out, thanks. Or ignore what I'm saying. Just as he could. It works both ways. He replies, I have every right to reply back. It's what the "Reply" button is for. :right:

Your lack of Respect, should get you banned from this forum. I mean, now I am not the only one you dis. Just because this guy tried to defend me, you begin to attack him as well? But I guess the Mods here are easy on you, I don't know why though.

You had NO IDEA yesterday I said something just like what you said 'If you don't like it, butt out, thanks'. I asked you to NOT Disrespect me again, and this is MY thread, if you don't like MY logic, get off my thread. But I held back, edit the post within second, because I don't want to get myself in trouble.

I really don't want to resort to the mods here, but again and again, you annoy me and others with your arrogant attitude about you are always right, I am not smart enough crap... Would you quit this crap? GOD!!!

You have NO idea how pointless your personal attacks on me means to me! It don't mean crap, you think I am going to listen to you? Loss sleep over it? LMAO, all it does is annoying me, and nothing more. Most other people here HAS been respectful thruout, and I certainly appreciated these people, it helps me understand why people don't think this is a racism related case. But, you, since all you do is disrespecting me from the very start (and I didn't dis you at all), cause me to never cared about what you say!!! I don't think you deserve a return from respect from me, either!

And, why you have to be rude to Genenis just because the guy defended me? I think you might not think you are a jerk yourself, but it seems that way to many people now, so Haha!

Originally posted by azazel-

Yes, and apparently they did such a stellar job raising you. Such insight and intellect you display. Believe me, you claim to be holding yourself back and being a good boy about this thread...you really have no idea how bad I'm holding myself back. Honestly...you amaze me at your complete and utter lacking of common sense. Being a programmer has nothing to do with having no friggin' clue about real life. "But I is good programmer, so I must be having good logic" Makes perfect sense, yeah.

Did I talk to you personally? I am pretty sure I didn't!

He replies, I have every right to reply back. It's what the "Reply" button is for.

I didn't reply to you personally, that time. Though Yes, you had every right to reply, IF with respect for other members. If you do NOT respect, then keep the mouth shut. Which, I think is a common sense for messages boards. I know there are many here also don't respect me as well, but they kept their mouth shut. That to me, is very mature and understand the rules of forums.

About the tenth time, you disregard that rule, and keeps making myself aware that someone thinks I am stupid. Guess what? I DON'T care what you think of me.

Oh, am I childish for complaining, or defending myself? I don't know, but I am sure my Project Dolphins' stat has gone WAY UP. And I did'nt name-calling people Racists like Michael Jackson :p