iTunes 5 Released

I don't like seeing my podcast when I select Library. Showing the searchbar CTRL-SHIFT-B let you select Music which hides them... but clicking away and back to library bring back the podcasts. Mixing it with music is a dumb ass idea! Fortunatly, we can create a smartplaylist that exclude podcasts and then showing the Browse CTRL-B...? But still I don't like that new "feature"

A short question, ripping CD in AAC creates encrypted files or not?

edit: They even show-up in all default smartplaylist! Had to edit them and add Podcast? Is Not? to remove them!

586493163[/snapback]

You're right. That's frickin ridiculous. They even show up in the 'Artist' menu of iPod and also end up getting Shuffled with my songs. Nobody wants a frickin podcast shuffled with their songs. Nobody wants audiobooks shuffled with their songs. What's so hard about separating these 3 things. iTunes AND iPod need 3 different things in the Source menu:

Library

Audiobooks

Podcasts

Or get rid of Library all together and just name it Music.

What the hell are they thinking?

1 step forward and 2 steps back with this update.

Had a lot of problems with this new version - we run a home network and it crashed the whole thing (due to bonjour I think). So, I did a system restore and am now re-installing 4.9 at the hope it will work. Not impressed though..

this is the last time i test itunes, while uninstalling it required IE and azureus to be closed first, and asks if i want to restart. All this hassle for uninstalling a player?

586506411[/snapback]

Thats because itunes has components to integrate it into IE and p2p programs such as azureus, that way when you download say a song it can automatically add it to your itunes library, or when you play an mp3 file in your browser you can have the option of using quicktime to handle it which is why quicktime is bundled.

Its really not much of a hastle compared to every microsoft application :huh: