iTunes 5 Released

there are still stripes in the menubar for os x ;) but im a smartass.

i love it. h-h-h-ope this is what they use for 10.5.

586491983[/snapback]

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, which has a glossy menubar ;) But I'm a smartass.

Hey just a question while we're at it:

I have this really weird problem on my Mac running the latest Safari 2 version with the forum, when going to neowin.net it just randomly blanks out: Blank page nothing else. I have to refresh like 20 billion times before it reappears, I recently formatted and the problem remains.

Any thoughts? :unsure:

I have this really weird problem on my Mac running the latest Safari 2 version with the forum, when going to neowin.net it just randomly blanks out: Blank page nothing else. I have to refresh like 20 billion times before it reappears, I recently formatted and the problem remains.

586492196[/snapback]

Happens here to... quite random too.

2 questions ... any ideas if the release of iTunes 5 on the mac is a universal binary? (meaning it will run without Rosetta on OSx x86).... does iTunes 5 finally add support for CD-Text when burning audio CDs?

586492196[/snapback]

Thanks God is not just me... it's freaking annoying!!!

But I got a work around for it... well, quite a workaround...

You most open Fire Fox and logon into the forum and leave it running while you do your stuff on Safari... so far this is the only way I have found to keep on using Safari cuz I don't like FF...

Weird thing is that this issue with white pages loading on the forum just started happening about 3 or 4 days ago... I also got a weird issue where I was writing a reply and when I submitted the post it appeared under my brother?s name.

Take a look at the post I?m talking about? https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=367893

Anyone having problems connecting their ipod to itunes 5? Asks you to reinstall itunes, but that doesn't solve the problem...

586492038[/snapback]

Delete C:\Documents and Settings\$user\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes.pref and it should work. At least it did for me when I got that error ;)

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, which has a glossy menubar ;) But I'm a smartass.

Hey just a question while we're at it:

586492196[/snapback]

Getting this too, only way it works is if I also open up firefox :/

Apple is being a sneaky ******..

One thing they didn't mention in iTune 5 is that.. they included Bonjour as part of the installation. One more service that runs in your background and sucks away your system memory.

I actually tried Bonjour as a separate product before, and it did not do much for me as I never had the need for it. Worse, it actually messed up my networking properties, causing my network to go down.

I had to uninstall Bonjour to get my network up and running again. Very sucky.

One thing they didn't mention in iTune 5 is that.. they included Bonjour as part of the installation. One more service that runs in your background and sucks away your system memory.

I actually tried Bonjour as a separate product before, and it did not do much for me as I never had the need for it. Worse, it actually messed up my networking properties, causing my network to go down.

586492533[/snapback]

isn't bonjour just a rebranded Rendezvous?

This is so good. Have been playing around, and the program runs real smooth. Much more stable and faster than 4.9 .

However, what this new 'search bar'? I don't see any search bar...

I dont get it...

I just updated to iTunes 5, and connect my iPod and then it proceeds to put 800 songs back onto my iPod that were already there. Am I missing something here?

This is so good. Have been playing around, and the program runs real smooth. Much more stable and faster than 4.9 .

However, what this new 'search bar'? I don't see any search bar...

586492588[/snapback]

it's a lot different, it is more mac like. It searches for things similar to Sportlight found in OSX Tiger. It's exactly how you would find things if you looked them up in the finder, for OSX users it's a lot better integration.

I dont get it...

I just updated to iTunes 5, and connect my iPod and then it proceeds to put 800 songs back onto my iPod that were already there. Am I missing something here?

586492682[/snapback]

In order to view the search bar, go to Edit>Show Search Bar :)

586492533[/snapback]

I was just going to ask about it. What is it and why is it trying to access the internet?

I just had some problems with that unnecessary bonjour thing. I thought my router was playing up but when I read that thunderriver said he had problems. I was clearly having the same problem. It messed up my DNS or something. I had to completely unistall itunes because I couldn't find a way to get rid of the bonjour service. I reinstalled it and didn't let bonjour through zone alarm and it didn't screw it up this time. Then I had to disable the service. I can't remember the uninstall command for removing a service. Does anyone know? Will doing that break my itunes? What is the point of this little bloaty piece of scum?

I don't like seeing my podcast when I select Library. Showing the searchbar CTRL-SHIFT-B let you select Music which hides them... but clicking away and back to library bring back the podcasts. Mixing it with music is a dumb ass idea! Fortunatly, we can create a smartplaylist that exclude podcasts and then showing the Browse CTRL-B... But still I don't like that new "feature"

A short question, ripping CD in AAC creates encrypted files or not?

edit: They even show-up in all default smartplaylist! Had to edit them and add Podcast Is Not to remove them!

Edited by theMaxx