Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed

GT - yeah lots of possibilities. Like 3rd party companies telling Nintendo to screw off because they don't wanna remake Splinter Cell/Half-Life 2/you name the franchise to use those possibilites. Like what Nintendo thought would be cool by using the GBA as a GC controller. Like Nintendo making more remakes of their old games with new names.

Sorry, I don't see it. I haven't enjoyed one of Nintendo's ideas since SNES - N64 games were too expensive (and most of em sucked), the DS touch screen is awful except for niche games, and I regret wasting money on my Game Cube except for Animal Crossing. Nintendo's just not in the position (aka 3rd/last place) to be getting way radical ideas off the ground.

ya, maybe before you post, you should read the whole article. the controller is wireless, the wire your thinking about is for the 2nd hand controller, which plugs into the bottom of the first.

im not sure what to think of this though. after all the hype, it is a let down, but in general, its a very interesting and new idea of play.

I used to be so excited for this thing...but wtf. WTF Is it? Can you really call it a controller? I mean, you can, but it's really confusing. And there are two "A" buttons, tell me it's only a prototype.

does this have the touted controller moving technology, when we sway the controller left right front back, there is feedback inside the game?

Also does this mean Nintendo will get lesser third party games because of this controller

IT will have Titlt sensor technology, some sort of laser point technology, and some other stuff. So it may look simple and stupid but it does look promising so god, stop being such pessimists.

i do agree that that totally looks retarted... i hope thats just a dvd remote or something.. cause that looks like it sucks.

586532203[/snapback]

DVD remote with an analog stick? come on man :whistle: think

IT will have Titlt sensor technology, some sort of laser point technology, and some other stuff. So it may look simple and stupid but it does look promising so god, stop being such pessimists.

586532210[/snapback]

Looks like fancy names for IR; cheap technology. :rofl:

wait i dont understand.

Is this going to be like the ONLY controller, or is it going to have a normal controller and then this 'remote controller'?

I mean it looks like a very lovely remote, but I like to use both hands when playing.

does this mean lesser third party multiplatform games for revolution like this generation? doesnt have enough buttons like ps3 or xbox 360

586532219[/snapback]

Gamecube controller. Remember the ports included in the Revolution?

does this mean lesser third party multiplatform games for revolution like this generation? doesnt have enough buttons like ps3 or xbox 360

586532219[/snapback]

Once again: THERE ARE PORTS ON THE SIDE OF THE REVOLUTION FOR THE GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS

"Nintendo also mentioned that the controller stick could be slipped inside other, more conventional controller shells, dance mats, bongos, or other peripherals." (From EGM)

Interesting concept. Being able to slip the "remote" into more conventional-looking controls and even more peripherals, while still remaining wireless...very cool.

To be honest, I was mildly shocked when I first saw the photo, but the more I read about it and look at it, the more I want one. Which is more than I can say about the PS3 and 360 setups. Kudos to Nintendo for having the extra-large nuts to bet their future on straying from the pack on conformity.

~JM