Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed

The one thing I'm disappointed about is. NO GAMES SHOWN. GOD DAMN IT NINTENDO.

586532286[/snapback]

Games probably be shown at E3 2006 I bet.

I can imagine Sony and Microsoft getting their design teams to try and copy the Revolution controller :ninja:.

The fact that you can slip it inside a more conventional controller or simply use a GC controller is going to be the saving grace. I can't imagine how anyone's arms wouldn't get tired after playing for a while, otherwise.

Honestly, I think Nintendo is trying to reinvent the wheel just to say they're different.

The concept behind the controller is hella cool :cool:

Unfortunately, I don't think it's execution (given the pictures) looks particularly inviting to casual/occaisional videogamers. I am jazzed that there is native support for GC controllers (Y) I find the GC controller very comfortable despite its akward button placement.

Edited by joekr

@ jerry, they haven't announced that have they?

Can you provide a link?

Maybe you mean, "that is the only controller they have announced thus far"

586532260[/snapback]

They wont announce another controller, so its safe to assume that this is the only one launching with the Revolution.

GC Controller can be used

586532263[/snapback]

I know, read my post again.

i hate to say this but t hat looks uncomfortable. The analog controller uses the n64 type of joystick meaning there's going to be a lot of finger slippage. and looking at that remote part.. it looks like there's not enough buttons inorder to accomdiate ports of ps2/xbox games and a couple of those buttons looks like an uncomfortable stretch. Not to mention i would never use that to play the backports of NES/SNES/N64 games. I'd find some adapter or something that would allow me to use the original controllers.

remember when people said that the Gamecube controller looked painfull?

When they got it in their hands, it was considered the most comfortable one around.

look at it this way, with the PS1 and 2 they were the same controller.

You dont ALWAYS have to have a change, but change is good.

edit:

@Jmole! crap you just made me think that Orange Sould is a f***ing liar! I'm never trusting him thats for sure.

People are faking images now? When will fanboyism going to stop? I can't understand having a favorite (xbox360) is mine, but to lack any and all objectiveness is immature and outright lame.

Nintendo is taking a big gamble here. The Japanese market may go along with it, but I don't see the North American markets following suit. People in NA are more cautious of change and this doesn't exactly seem like it's going to be an easy transition.

I read the article, and I think the whole concept is stupid. I'm tired of seeing bongo drums, dance mats, wired analog sticks that slide into essentially broken controllers, and requiring backward compatibility with older controllers to make the console useable. Apparently, breaking a capable controller design into two separate peices you'll need to buy separately, and assemble controllers before playing games, etc. is equivalent to "innovative design." It would be innovative if you owned the company and you found a new way to suck the blood from the consumers, but I simply fail to see why any of you think this is good from an end user standpoint.

And just for the record, the Gamecube controller did suck. The giant buttons on the top that required you to push them in almost a complete inch before they done anything, the analog stick (now you can purchase this separately! Yay!) had horrible traction and your thumb would constantly slip, the buttons on the side are a pain to use with any sort of accuracy so action-packed games are nearly impossible, etc. It was a huge step up from the N64, but it is nowhere near "the most comfortable one around."

this will be a revolution to gaming. i will be looking out to the possibilities this controller gives.

however, it needs more buttons, and multiplayer gaming would be a funny scene.

seriously, enough bashing...

And please read the article first...the possibilities are pretty incredible...props to N for thinking outside the box.

We'll have to wait and see it in action before we really know how effective it'll be, but I think its an interesting evolution.

I have 3 words: simply !@#$%^& amazing!

I had a hunch I was going to be picking up a Revolution as the Xbox 360 isn't much of an upgrade IMHO and I hate Sony, but WOW. The white console looks stunning and this controller, which I have been waiting on for months looks to be the most innovative thing since the analog stick. I really hope the games reflect the awesome factor. Nintendo has already made me buy a DS and now I want to pre-order the Revolution!

Also, to the people who do not see how backwards compatibility works: turn the controller sideways! It's basically a wireless NES controller wit slighlty different buttons in the center.

When I first saw it, I thought "wtf .. how can that .."

But then, I read the article. It explained how there were limitless possibilities for this controller, and I realized that Nintendo knows what they are doing in the console business. They aren't going anywhere.

20 more innovative years, Nintendo! :fun:

People. people, people. People said that a vcr would never take the place of beta. Cassette tapes would never overtake 8-track. CD's, what the hell are those? I'm sticking with vinyl records. DVD's even had their critics. This will be big. The only problem I see is my 12 year old accidently throwing the controller through my tv set. :laugh: