Razer Copperhead or Logitech G5?

I just got ahold of a G5 at Best buy and i have to say its nice, i especially like the threaded USB cable, cool feel to it and the texture of the mouse is a bit weird but i kind like it. The weight system is nice too. The only thing I dont like about it is that on my textured mousepad it does not wanna work right. So i flip it over and then it works find ont eh smooth side.

586612862[/snapback]

This is something that would catch my eye. That threaded cable wold prevent dust big time. Dust is still a huge problem with mice. The cord dragging on the desktop and picking up the dust that lays on it. The threaded cable sounds like a real nice solution. I'm thinking maybe after buying the MX518 i'll mod up a threaded cable myself.

here is a pic...

586621707[/snapback]

beat me to it. great pic. shows off the wire perfectly. the only gripe about the G5 wire is it's a pain to work out the kinks. I have a Func mousepad with clip.

Well after trying out the G5 yesterday in a shop I'm a bit dissapointed. I'm not going to be buying it. The DiamondBlack that they had there felt much better and the response in games was insane.

I'll be waiting for the Copperhead personally. :yes:

why were you dissapointed?

586660633[/snapback]

I was dissapointed because compared to the DiamondBlack, which is kind of a generation older than the G5, the Razer mouse still felt far more responsive.

I've played ET for 30 mins with the G5 and for 30 mins with the Razer. I've had around 10% more accuracy with the Razer.

That doesn't have to mean anything, the G5 is without doubt a great mouse but the Razer just felt better.

I'm interested to see how the Copperhead will perform when it gets to the shop. A mate of mine works there so I can test them out in peace.

It is however better than the MX510, by far. It might also have something to do that at home I use some ****ty mouse pad on my MX510 and in the shop they had a Everglide.

In any case, I'll be waiting for the Copperhead and if it's good I'm buying the Copperhead and a Everglide mousepad. If not I'll keep with the DiamondBlack since I like it more than the G5.

It's all to personal preference I guess.

i'm a Logitech fan, but last time I compared these two mouses, the Razer had more features, one of which it can store mouse settings on its local memory, but yeh as people mentioned not the best feel which is an important factor for hardcore gamers.

I say if you are lefthanded go for the Razer otherwise Logitech.

Well I'm a right hander, and altough the Logitech fits in the hand nicely the Razer isn't all that bad either. It's just down to personal preference.

I'd recommend anyone who is out to buy them to try them out first, at the very least hold them in the hand a bit and see how they feel. If you can't test it out live that is. ;)

Both are very good mice's and you can't go wrong with either one.

• 3 weeks later...
I am going for a G7.

586598181[/snapback]

G7 isn't in comparison! :no:

:D

anyways, i don't like how the diamondback (which i am using right now) and the copperhead have buttons on the other side of the mouse, that you can NEVER each for in a game.. it's really hard to push the buttons with your pinky/ring fingure while staying in control of what you're doing in game. For the G5, which i ordered today, can you bind the tiltwheel like a generic button, or do you have to keystroke it? (<--answer that one plz) anyways, i'd have to go with the G5, since i bought it already, but also that the diamondback makes your hand straight while you play, (like this | | <--that's your hand) and when you're playing with a G5, your hand is more confortable (to me) ( your hand isn't like rigidly straight, it's just chillin')

that's my little paragraph.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: NIJNAS AWESOME!!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

im new here btw ^^

Edited by NitrousFlare

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my G5 to replace excellent Kensington Pilot Pro, the first thing that comes to mind... i VERY disappointment in both of companies(Logitech and Kensington) now for having such a good ergonomics of the their mice, but really poorly written software...aka. developer team...

Paying a lot of money for the mice and then being stuck with awful software that doesn't meet your needs, missing a feature isn't fun...

Both of companies' software is easy to use and both look very nice, but memory usage, cpu usage, TWO programs to provide extra features for ONE mouse... one lacks extra commands really badly, other one has almost all commands and features and only lacks a couple extra commands, and keeps forgetting it's settings...

I guess i going to try Razer Copperhead next either myself or see if any of my friends going to get it for xmas... Hopefully Razer team has better drivers/software solution...

G7 isn't in comparison! :no:

:D

anyways, i don't like how the diamondback (which i am using right now) and the copperhead have buttons on the other side of the mouse, that you can NEVER each for in a game.. it's really hard to push the buttons with your pinky/ring fingure while staying in control of what you're doing in game.? For the G5, which i ordered today, can you bind the tiltwheel like a generic button, or do you have to keystroke it?? (<--answer that one plz)? anyways, i'd have to go with the G5, since i bought it already, but also that the diamondback makes your hand straight while you play, (like this |?? | <--that's your hand) and when you're playing with a G5, your hand is more confortable (to me) ( your hand isn't like rigidly straight, it's just chillin')

that's my little paragraph.

im new here btw ^^

586756889[/snapback]

alright.. well i got the G5 about 2 weeks ago and im in love with this thing.. i've had the mx500,700 and 1000, and this is by far the bets logitech mouse ive used.

to answer your question about the binding the tilt wheel.. YES! instead of having the 2 thumb buttons as typical forward and back, i have the tilt wheel side to side as forward and back, but yes you can bind them to key strokes.

i use the weights in the mouse and find them useful but slowly have taken more and more out to make it lighter. (since im used to the mx700 and 1000, both wireless)

also.. when first installed, you have 3 sensitivity settings, 400/800/2000dpi since theres 3 lights on the mouse its those 3, when the drivers are installed you get the use of all 5 settings, with the settings on the lights it gives the bottom 2 and the top 2 as the 4th and 5th settings.

another sweet thing you can with the settings is you can have different x and y sensitivities. simple terms.. you have your sens really low say like 400dpi for vertical and say 1200dpi(really quick) for horizontal.. so this will allow you to turn side to side very quickly but keep your up and down aim very minimal.. all this together you get some mean hs's :devil: time :devil:

the oversized feet make this thing glide like silk on my DKT mouse pad.. and i've yet to run out of room with that pad.. good ol 17"x14&quot:)size :)

i cant really say anything about razer since i've never used them before.. but only have heard good things about them..

Edited by krimzonskies

Yeah I feel the same way. the software with the G5 is awful and very buggy. though the G5 feels great and works good(w/o the software) it doesn't look near as good as the copperhead.

• 3 weeks later...

Performance wise get a Logitech G5. Even though it is too smooth and shiny looking, it has great performance. Plus the weights do help. Razer Copperhead didn't really get a good review compared to G5 according to MaximumPC. Also I have used this personally and I think it's great. G5 all the way.