Hotmail BETA for those who signed up now available

Mail Beta takes advantage of promising web design tech to make you feel like using a mail client not a webmail. Sad, Kahuna loves me not. :(

586712389[/snapback]

HOW DARE YOU SAY IT LOOKS LIKE A MAIL CLIENT!!!!!

You see, if you say that, Bill Gates will start placing adverts into Microsoft Office 12/2006. And that would lead to severe trauma in my head, due to me bashing it like the attatchment. :yes:

like i asked before... how long have u people that got in been using hotmail? can anyone answer this? and how many of u pay per year that got in? anyone? and the person that asked about the 2GB its only if u are a subscriber...

ive used my hotmail account for about a year and half now, and i got the beta sign up, i dont pay for it

and suposidly ive got 2gb of storage as does everyone else that has beta too

tis all cool :laugh:

i heard that people that got it now have 2 gigs of storage, or is that still just for subscribers?

586712502[/snapback]

Not sure, as the space meter is not available in this Beta yet, but they're planning on bringing it back. IMO, while it looks nice and clean, it still functions very much like an early Beta. It's not reliable enough yet for me to use permanently. And, selection is randomly based on demographics.

I was once of the first to sign up, as I saw it on the Neowin page like first, but they didn't pick me. I reckon it's random. But I think they are still adding people so hope is not lost yet.

Not sure, as the space meter is not available in this Beta yet, but they're planning on bringing it back. IMO, while it looks nice and clean, it still functions very much like an early Beta. It's not reliable enough yet for me to use permanently. And, selection is randomly based on demographics.

586713948[/snapback]

from the FAQ...

How much storage do I have in Mail Beta?

Everyone using Mail Beta has at least 2GB* storage. If you happen to come within 50MB of this limit, you?ll get a notification e-mail. Most of you will find 2GB of storage enough for a few years of e-mail before you need to start deleting messages.

*(2 gigabytes means 2,000,000,000 bytes)

found here...

h**p://join.msn.com/mailbeta/faq

i've used hotmail (with @msn.com) for almost 3 years.

but still no invite.

And i registered @hotmail.com as well as @hotmail.co.uk just to get the invite, and still no invite.

hey king mustard.. how long have u been using hotmail? Ive been using it 4 almost 4 years now.... and i got my invite about a week after i signed up for it... maybe they go by how long uve used it? thast all i can think of... maybe not...

586712327[/snapback]

I've been using hotmail since .. 1999 I think. I bet i'm one of their first hundred thousand users or so ;)

so since i payed 19.99 for my 2GB does that mean ill get more? if not im gettin ripped... so they will tak ads away and not have a 30 day expire limit.. for 20 bucks... or is there more space or what? anyone know? :angry:

im in, i was first posting on mess.be about it, dont think any1 believed me that the button just popped up and i got in lol.

i dont like mail beta tho, it doesnt work in firefox and is kind of crappy even in IE, sum messages have the end of sentances cut off n stuff cuz mail betas menus crop the messages :/

i want to know if i click opt out of mail beta if i'll be able to go back on it again though