Hotmail BETA for those who signed up now available

I got in the other day :)

I've been using my account for several years now.

I think only @hotmail.com addresses are accepted rather than @hotmail.co.uk/@msn.com etc. I haven't read all of this thread so I might be wrong.

I got in the other day :)

I've been using my account for several years now.

I think only @hotmail.com addresses are accepted rather than @hotmail.co.uk/@msn.com etc. I haven't read all of this thread so I might be wrong.

586714072[/snapback]

If it's true, it sucks. I have an @msn.com email account. :(

so since i payed 19.99 for my 2GB does that mean ill get more? if not im gettin ripped... so they will tak ads away and not have a 30 day expire limit.. for 20 bucks... or is there more space or what? anyone know?  :angry:

586714016[/snapback]

You get POP3 access, which is definetley worth the $20 IMO. I haven't checked my email through a browser in years, at least not when I'm at home. For some strange reason, I can use Outlook 2003 to check my Hotmail account, even though I'm not a suscriber. But I'm pretty sure this is an anomaly.

Need Help Over here guys.

I got into the Beta last few days. But ever since i got into it, i can't log in to my MSN Messenger anymore. I am only able to log in to my Hotmail

It keeps on showing that The Service is temperorily Unavailable.

I am Logging in From Sydney Australia.

Oh yeah, My friend tried to log in his Msn Messenger using the same computer i am using and he was able to do so.

I am Using a @hotmail.com

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You get POP3 access, which is definetley worth the $20 IMO. I haven't checked my email through a browser in years, at least not when I'm at home. For some strange reason, I can use Outlook 2003 to check my Hotmail account, even though I'm not a suscriber. But I'm pretty sure this is an anomaly.

586714407[/snapback]

I believe you still have access to Hotmail via Outlook still is because you started to use that feature before they discontinued it for new users. So anyone who used it before they discontinued it will still have access. :happy:

Signed up, but no beta mail for me!

to bad.

Could it be country or language dependant?

Is there a Dutch user with dutch language setting that got into the mail beta?

Barisko

I believe you still have access to Hotmail via Outlook still is because you started to use that feature before they discontinued it for new users. So anyone who used it before they discontinued it will still have access. :happy:

586714437[/snapback]

Well, my dad also used Outlook to check his email, and he started doing that before I did...And he doesn't get POP3 access anymore :s Haha, its a bit weird, maybe even random :p

Well, my dad also used Outlook to check his email, and he started doing that before I did...And he doesn't get POP3 access anymore :s Haha, its a bit weird, maybe even random :p

586714452[/snapback]

Weird :huh: It still works for me and I signed up before it became a pay feature. Oh well :happy: Now if only MSN could send me an invite :angry: .

looks kinda bad....the ads are horribally placed...

586714370[/snapback]

Uhh.. :o

Ads that are in the way? What kind of service is this? :)

I honestly can't see the fuss over this service. :huh:

For those of you in the UK that got in, are your addresses @hotmail.co.uk or .com?

I don't think I use my hotmail enough for them to put me in the beta, maybe that's why I haven't been chosen (even though I signed up).

Wierd though since I was given my free 250Mb and POP3 at the same time as the first US users, even though my country is set to the UK.