I Quit Smoking!

Keep it off.  I've been smoke free since 1983 (birth).

586740671[/snapback]

Exactly, if you don't start then you don't have to worry about quitting.

yeah i gotta quit also...

i smoke only on weekends but sometimes on weekdays i have the urge and have a ciggerate... but this way i try not to smoke a lot. :D

i was at 2 packs a day and smoked for 11 years. i quit cold turkey on the day i decided to quit. its so easy. its been almost a yr of not even a puff

586741099[/snapback]

Really? I lay in bed at night feeling really trapped because I knew that if I stepped outside there'd be cigarettes all around me just begging me to have one.

Now all my friends smoke and I don't :rofl: They can't do anything without getting out of breath :laugh:

An honest congratulations to you. I've set my quit date to the 2nd week of December. Myself and 4 of my friends are gonna attempt it together. Guess misery loves company haha

I cannot understand why people start, maybe they're weak.

It smells, it make your teeth yellow, your fingers yellow, it makes you tired, your hair smell, your clothing smell, on average the 20 pack a day smoker will spend in a lifetime, lets say they make 65, so in 50 years (15-65) ?120,000.

**** that's a lifetime of sweet computer, an expensive car, a bigger house, you get the drift.

If smoking was invented to day it would be banned from being on sale.

Quit having no smoke free zones just ban the sale today.

I'd quit.. But theres no real reason for me to quit. I'm not compelled to do it basically. I like the feeling i get when i have something to do in the car driving somewhere. When im at dinner having a cigarette with my friends is so much fun.

Congradulations on quitting though, its probibly amazing feeling your body letting go of smoke if you dont like to do it :)

Wow!!! I just got back in from a day of shopping Downtown and I can't believe all the replies!!! Thanks SOOOOOOO much for the support....I had no idea so many people would be so supportive!!

It's going good so far!! I still get "the urge" when I wake up and after I eat, but I'm NOT GIVING IN!!!!! Instead I got out and run or make wallpapers in photoshop :D .

I only smoked a about 15-18 per day, so I guess it's not as hard for me as it was for alot of you who smoked two packs...but it still isn't easy. I'm determined not to lose this war though. :yes:

week tomorrow for me! woo! keep it up dude... best feeling ever... waking up and being able to take a breath!!!

586740993[/snapback]

Thats awsome bro!! Keep it up!!

I see people like u quitters.. and then i wonder, WHY the hell do people start to smoke? i have friend who smokes "occasionally" she said. and she JUST started. she is 20 years old. i dont understand it.... :(

I see people like u quitters.. and then i wonder, WHY the hell do people start to smoke? i have friend who smokes "occasionally" she said. and she JUST started. she is 20 years old. i dont understand it....?:((

586741278[/snapback]

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I started smoking "occasionally" like your friend. When I was younger it a rush to "get away with it". Then it was more and more frequently as I got a little older...and next thing your know your addicted. It's very very addictive. It was stupid to start to begin with, but I wasn't thinking about the long term effects of smoking with I was 18 or 20. I'm 25 years old now and thinking ahead more and now I want to quit.Thats just my experience though...

Well...Two days ago I stopped smoking. I bought "Commit" lozenges and I'm following their online program to assist me. The recommend using at least 9 lozenges per day, and I've only had the urge to use 2 the past two days. It's going great! I've tried quitting twice in the past few years and never made it more than about 6 hours  :rofl: , but I've gone two days with NO signs of faltering. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up!

I've been wanting to stop for a long time, because it's so unhealthy and I HATE the smell of smoke on my clothing/hands.

586740208[/snapback]

Congratulations! Keep up and I also suggest that you practice sports.

C?sar:))