Office Beta 12 invites

I've been in. ;)

Now I'm in both Office 12 tests.  :p Yeap got invited twice for two different ones I might add, yes including this one. Got this second invite this afternoon. hehe

Anyways guys for those who did not get invited and even others.

The first Microsoft Beta product I got to test was Windows 2000 back in 1999. So I've been doing this awhile. Well since then I have pretty much tested everything I applied for. In fact I have not be disapproved yet. :)

Anyways, just thought I'd give some tips.

One of the best ways to get invited is to hang out in Microsoft Public News Groups and MSDN forums. Tust me Microsoft peepes take notice and mvps, me, and others as well. ;)

Just help out when you have time. Just do your best. Hey you might even become an MVP like a few of us here who enjoy reading Neo Win so much.  :yes: I check newsgroups daily, check on bug status and update bug status as offten as possiable. I also help others who are in need when I can via E-mail, instant message, etc. Even by phone a few times.

Also stay up to date. Read news articles related to beta software, etc. Shoot even beta test other software. A good example is http://www.centercode.com/default.asp .   

I have built up many personal contacts this way with Microsoft employes, met new friends, etc. And boy will it move you to the top of the list pretty quck too.

Look you dont have to find all the bugs in the world or even read newsgroups every single day to be a good beta tester. Just try your best and when you say you wish to test something then really test it. Dont go for months without visting the newsgroups, report bugs, etc. Even if you have no bugs to report either bugs none found or ones that you know otehrs have already found and confirmed, etc. then at least report than you have none. Shoot even report on how stable the product is etc.

Look the beta teams love good news too, not just all the bad stuff. ;)

Oh and when you do apply to beta test a product give 100% true anwsers. Dont try to make your self look good. That will just hurt you when a Microsoft employee wants you to try something and you have no clue or dont have what you need to do the test than you said you had, such as an extra pc with a different OS installed or different hardware, etc. Same goes for bug reports. Dont LIE!

Also, when signing up try and sign up as early into the beta as possiable. Shoot a great post over at iexbeta will help out with that:

http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtopic=36819

So the earlier you sign up the better chance of getting picked generally. Again just read tech news as offten as possiable and check that post a few times a week so your never miss out that great new beta test that starts tommorow or whatever.

So just a few ideas. Well good luck and see ya around I hope.

Take Care,

Will

586795175[/snapback]

kudos to you Will

Screw this. I'll wait for the Usenet version :ninja:

And I sent those Bastards bugs with Outlook 2003 :angry:

Edited by briangw

wow, beta.microsoft.com is dead :(

i want to download this!!

586820276[/snapback]

Yeah, I want to too. I tried last night and before it finished it timed out. I cannot get into it at all today :(

Oh hay what's this?

o12bp2fy.th.png

586818543[/snapback]

something for you to change when you request for physical media

i am wondering should i request one, since they didn't mention that you can't request when you can download it :rofl:

mitodna

Even I am wondering whether or not I should request for Physical Media.

Will this have impact on Future Betas as they would consider people who can download rather than people who ask for physical media (because it costs them extra money)?

Not taking any chances, just downloading it!

Betamail@microsoft.com 

**DO NOT REPLY - THIS E-MAIL IS BEING SENT TO YOU FROM AN UNMONITORED ACCOUNT.**

Hello,

We have received numerous reports this morning of users being unable to access BetaPlace, experiencing long delays, and some reports of download issues. We have escalated the problem and it should be resolved shortly.  We appreciate your patience as we work to correct the issue.

Thank you,

Office Customer/Partner Programs Team

it was down for me all day, but now it's back up. Working wonders ... 80+kb/s