NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

LSU was the other #11 seed to make the Final Four in 1986. Some guy on yahoo got all the Final Four teams.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/...ewbracket?rid=0

As for the ratings, they could go either way. People could tune in to see GMU play.

i didn't know God had a bracket....

how in the hell???

must be a damn GMU homer...

hell of a shock to me though. but i love watching the #1s fall :)

I was watching ESPN today and they mentioned that 4 people actually had all 4 teams correct in the ESPN tournament challenge. Also 96% of the total brackets entered had 1 or no teams in the Final 4. That includes me. UCLA was the only one of mine that made it.

Looks like I was giving the general public too much credit. Mike and Mike gave the ratings for some of the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight games. Of the ones they gave the ratings were down as much as 23%.

George Mason is going to be tough, obviously. I was listening to KNBR 680 this morning (local sports talk) and they were saying how they felt bad for Florida because you know pretty much everyone is going for Mason to make the final...except the Gator parents. I had to laugh at that one but it's probably true. I'm just glad UCONN got sent home like the ****** stepchild they are. Talk about a team easy to hate.

Both games should be exciting and down to the final minutes. I'm hoping UCLA makes it to represent the West Coast for basketball but I'm not sure they can handle LSU's inside game. Maybe we'll see an all-SEC championship game? Hmmmm.

I hope UF wins now, so they have to go around explaining why they went 1-2 against the NIT champ.

no explaining needed. We won when it counted.

yawn....i think the championship game is on tonight, but it's hard to tell when you are so bored out of your mind and you can't stay awake. UCLA is just getting stomped. congrats to UF.

yawn....i think the championship game is on tonight, but it's hard to tell when you are so bored out of your mind and you can't stay awake. UCLA is just getting stomped. congrats to UF.

No kidding. That was the WORST final weekend I can remember in quite some time. Neither semifinal was close and tonight's game was terrible, too. I mean I'm sure all the Florida fans loved it but for someone who just wanted to see some good games this whole weekend was awful. Didn't live up to the first two weekends at all. Not a single close game? :huh:

I'm really surprised at how easy it was for the Gators to get dunks. I've watched UCLA alot this year and I've never seen their interior defense so porous. That said...

2006 FLORIDA GATORS NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

All I can say is:

"It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator!"

2006 NCAA BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!

Wow. Congratulations to the Gators, they played some excellent basketball there. I mean, they really looked like the best team playing the best ball in the tournament.

Silly Bruins, full court press = open floor to gain all that speed for UF.

Congrats again to a great team.

All I can say is:

"It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator!"

2006 NCAA BASKETBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!

It sure is!!

It was crazy last night--I live on campus, and the screaming and the honking and the all around noise didn't stop until about 2 or 3 in the morning. But I guess this is a pretty big deal, eh? UCLA wasn't even close.

Go Gators!