NCAA Mens B-Ball Official Thread

Well Duke absolutely embarrassed Seton Hall today, 93-40. They were up by 30 at the half. WIth about 6 minutes left in the half Seton Hall had ONE FG. I mean it was just embarrassing. UNC's in a major rebuiliding year so I just plan on watching some quality games this year while rooting for them to simply be repsectable. But 'tis the season for college b-ball so all is good with the world :D .

Yess.... Lol!!! I love duke!! GO duke, well Seton Hall ain't really an all good team, if they played a team like Wake Forest or something it would be much closer but I can imagine Duke going all the way this year!!!

you got it.? i really wish i could make a "no dook discussion" rule though...god they annoy the crap outta me.

586820271[/snapback]

That would be amenable to many people:DD (sorry for the cheap shot Duke fans. No, wait, I'm not:pp ).

But w0000000t to the pinning:yes::

did gmac actaully make more than 1 three this time?

all i want to see this year is michigan make the big dance. we could suprise some people this year.

Man did anyone see that Gonzaga-Mich. St. in the Maui Invitational semifinal game last night? That was the best college b-ball game I've ever seen live. Both teams played at an incredibly high level going shot for shot back and forth. I mean they just couldn't miss in the clutch. Triple OT and it could've gone even more if Suton hit that lay-in. Incredible game. Glad I got to see it. :woot:

O and right now Drexel is giving Duke a hell of a hard time in the preseason NIT semifinal (or tip-off or whatever the heck they call it now). Gotta love anyone who gives Duke a hard time :yes:

Man did anyone see that Gonzaga-Mich. St. in the Maui Invitational semifinal game last night? That was the best college b-ball game I've ever seen live. Both teams played at an incredibly high level going shot for shot back and forth. I mean they just couldn't miss in the clutch. Triple OT and it could've gone even more if Suton hit that lay-in. Incredible game. Glad I got to see it. :woot:

O and right now Drexel is giving Duke a hell of a hard time in the preseason NIT semifinal (or tip-off or whatever the heck they call it now). Gotta love anyone who gives Duke a hard time :yes:

586845573[/snapback]

Yeah, that game was quite incredible... I coudln't tear my eyes away from it.

Too bad Drexel couldn't finish it...

i really wish i could make a "no dook discussion" rule though...god they annoy the crap outta me.

586820271[/snapback]

Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke :p

There have been some good games so far. That MSU vs. Zaga game was messed up, i wanted another overtime. Also the Uconn-artists lucked up, but I guess my crew did too against Drexel. Opening season jitters I guess.

Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke Duke    :p

There have been some good games so far. That MSU vs. Zaga game was messed up, i wanted another overtime. Also the Uconn-artists lucked up, but I guess my crew did too against Drexel. Opening season jitters I guess.

586846518[/snapback]

I can't wait for the Duke vs Texas game. Its gonna be awesome!

I can't wait for the Duke vs Texas game. Its gonna be awesome!

586851396[/snapback]

That should be a good game, I didn't even know they were gonna play. Hopefully Duke won't struggle before then. They have Memphis tonite and then Indiana in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

when's the acc/big ten challenge start?  this monday?  this is the big 10's year baby.

586852893[/snapback]

Yeah, the Illinois vs. UNC game will be a classic, even if it is not a close game. National Championship rematch, bragging rights on the line... it ought to be fantastic.

Who does Michigan get?

we get miami on tuesday. i think we can pull it off. we don't have the best players, but we have a solid group of returning seniors (who are basically all 4 year starters after the trouble we had gone through).

when's the acc/big ten challenge start?  this monday?  this is the big 10's year baby.

586852893[/snapback]

the acc will roll over the big 10 again, like they have done for years.

this is the only time of the year that I root for duke.

Edited by Steffan

586857154[/snapback]

Monday, Nov. 28

7:30 p.m. ESPN2 Virginia Tech at Ohio State

Tuesday, Nov. 29

7:00 p.m. ESPN Wisconsin at Wake Forest

7:30 p.m. ESPN2 Purdue at Florida State

8:00 p.m. ESPNU Clemson at Penn State

9:00 p.m. ESPN Illinois at North Carolina

9:30 p.m. ESPN2 Miami at Michigan

Wednesday, Nov. 30

7:00 p.m. ESPN Georgia Tech at Michigan State

7:30 p.m. ESPN2 Minnesota at Maryland

8:00 p.m. ESPNU Northwestern at Virginia

9:00 p.m. ESPN Duke at Indiana

9:30 p.m. ESPN2 N.C. State at Iowa

Come on, seriously... Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota are all going to win. Iowa, Indiana, Purdue and Wisconsin all have a decent (not Indiana) shot. I don't think it's going to be a domination, no matter which conference wins.

586857154[/snapback]

have you ever actually watched one? c'mon man, you're just making stuff up now.

year 1: 5-4

year 2: 5-4

year 3: 5-3 (1 game cancelled)

year 4: 5-4

year 5: 7-2

year 6: 7-2

thats not exactly what i would call "rolling"....

and last years 7-2 score included an absolute whooping of the so-called #1 team wake forest by illiniois. and 6 of the 7 losses were 10pts or less.

if you would like to educate yourself, please, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACC_-_Big_Ten_Challenge

Yeah, the Illinois vs. UNC game will be a classic, even if it is not a close game. National Championship rematch, bragging rights on the line... it ought to be fantastic.

Who does Michigan get?

586854469[/snapback]

A blowout is not a classic. Sure it will be a good game for any fans but a good game to someone just looking for excitement does not involve blowouts lol. And bragging rights? Well considering this one won't be for the championship and when both teams had their best rosters UNC pulled it out, I think not :p

mmm... I love the sweet smell of victory.

Minor-bragging aside, UNC looked very decent considering you lost 4-5 of your top scorers. By the end of the year, they're going to be scary. The real rematch would be to see you once again in the Big Dance.

mmm... I love the sweet smell of victory.

Minor-bragging aside, UNC looked very decent considering you lost 4-5 of your top scorers. By the end of the year, they're going to be scary. The real rematch would be to see you once again in the Big Dance.

ahem Top 7 scorers, but anyway I was very suprised by how well we (UNC) played. I was afraid it was going to be ugly but my tarheels really gave the Illini a run of their money. I am excited for the future of my team.

they said there were only 7 TOTAL players from both teams that played in the final last year. pretty crazy.

either way, another close challenge. looks like we need iowa and IU to pull off the wins.

this duke/iu game is just incredible. if you aren't watching, put it on.

Yeah, I just turned it on... although there is a min left and IU is down by 5... I would trade anything for an IU win.

Sheldon Williams just fouled out... I think...

Doh, I guess not... this is nuts

WEll, it's over now, Duke won.

Edited by j.nudd

aahhhhhh how does duke sneak by everytime with a win, it drives a carolina fan absolutely nuts. :angry:

Even the big ten fans over here wanna see Duke eat dirt. Quasi-hatred aside, I do have a lot of respect for Mike Krzyzewski.