** Mobiledudes Logo Contest! **

Question

Prize: $100.00 USD for logo.

Payment Methods(s): Paypal, Check

-----------------------

Description:

We will soon be re-launching an new version of our site www.mobiledudes.com

We have decided that now is the time to get a logo that truly represents who we are.

As you may have already realized from the name of the site, our aim is to offer our customers with a range of mobile phones, accessories, and in the future a range of products that are mobile, i.e. iPods, Notebooks, PDA’s etc.. We would like our logo to portray a professional image, not something goofy or cartoon-ish. We are also laid back and can have fun.

While we would prefer if you could follow the criteria above, we aren’t going to limit ourselves until we see what you guys are capable of. I have seen some great work here at Yaxay and would like you to use your own experience and opinions when coming up with entries. I will be able to check in several times a day to offer my opinions and input on the entries.

For the logo format, we must have it in some sort of resizable format (most likely vector) that we can resize and use not only for the website, but on business cards, t-shirts, public banners, etc.

To clarify the logo:

We would like to see the logo with our slogan and without it/ we would also like to see it with the “.com” and without. This logo should be from scratch. For the title text, keep in mind that "mobiledudes" or "mobiledudes.com" should have no spaces between the words. Putting the words on separate lines should be fine if it fits the logo, but if the words are side by side, no spaces. Thanks :-)

Also, if you are going to use the initials of the name in the logo, please use "MD"

To clarify the prize:

We pay $100 for whichever logo wins, period.

To clarify logo originality:

This should be fairly obvious for any logo contest, the logo should be your original creative work. No clipart or purchased graphic should be used, and especially not claimed as your own work. If you have any questions as to whether or not you can use a pre-made graphic as the logo, the answer will almost undoubtedly be 'no' but feel free to contact me with any concerns.

As for stock photographs to be used with the logo, the answer is no as they do not comply with the previous rules requiring scalability of the logo.

Colors:

show me somethin...

Inspiration/Concepts:

www.tmobile.com

www.cingular.com

www.verizon.com

www.sprint.com

Public Contact Info:

projectmd@gmail.com

AIM: projectmdaim

Notes:

Feel free to contact me and ask any questions you want. The more communication the better.

EDIT: Guys looks like i will be extending the Contest another week or so, i will have further details soon,

tis the season, and many people were out and about, and i was hoping to see much more activity...

Merry Chrismahanukwanzakah & A Happy New Year.

Be On The Look Out For Future MobileDudes Contests!

Edited by Tarik

I feel bad for the people who have put out great looking designs here. Maybe you should put out some ideas of what your perfect logo is in your mind

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. Pick a logo or plan on putting up a bigger payment. You've been dragging people around for way too long.

Actually, it's coming up quickly on 2 months.

OMG you are right :blink:

Rude is not the way i look at it, i should have rethought the squedual and the prize, yes i was looking for the perfect logo, its my company why should i settle for something i was not extreamly satisfied with, i was not looking for a wallpaper for my desktop, i was looking for a logo to represent my company.

Like I said, i will post a new deadline and an updated prize soon, till then if anyone is not happy with this, you may pull your logo's, the choice is yours, in no way am i being unfair, i dont feel i made a mistake, the bottom line is i have not seen a logo that im 100% Satisfied with.

T.

Rude is not the way i look at it, i should have rethought the squedual and the prize, yes i was looking for the perfect logo, its my company why should i settle for something i was not extreamly satisfied with, i was not looking for a wallpaper for my desktop, i was looking for a logo to represent my company.

Like I said, i will post a new deadline and an updated prize soon, till then if anyone is not happy with this, you may pull your logo's, the choice is yours, in no way am i being unfair, i dont feel i made a mistake, the bottom line is i have not seen a logo that im 100% Satisfied with.

T.

Stick it to them. You have every right. These designers seem to forget that they do what the client wants, not what they want.

I understand, Tarik, that you want something you are 100% happy with. But with these kinds of things it is generally the etiquette that, after this amount of time and this number of reshedulings, you select the designer who has the closest design to that you are happy with, and liaise with them privately to tailor it to your individual needs.

It is your money of course but I'm just saying how these contests usually run so you can have an indication of why people are starting to get perturbed. While I don't doubt your sincerity and that your intention is anything but rudeness, it is not hard to see why your actions could be misinterpreted by some.

I understand, Tarik, that you want something you are 100% happy with. But with these kinds of things it is generally the etiquette that, after this amount of time and this number of reshedulings, you select the designer who has the closest design to that you are happy with, and liaise with them privately to tailor it to your individual needs.

It is your money of course but I'm just saying how these contests usually run so you can have an indication of why people are starting to get perturbed. While I don't doubt your sincerity and that your intention is anything but rudeness, it is not hard to see why your actions could be misinterpreted by some.

Can't say it much better than that.

nope that was very well put... thier has been some fantastic designs in here tho...i cant wait to see the final one if tarik would like better :)

Wishes never end... add another $900 to your original prize money and you will get professional designers from Apple to design you a logo... dude, they cant just pull out their logos as you said, they are specifically made for you... its not like they can use it for something else... :/

Very nice chema

This is my try

(Pic was here)

Hope it's good enough to race with you guys :D

bye

That looks like a good contender- the only thing is the you might want to unitalicize the text on the right a tad more.

Edited by MasterC

Stick it to them. You have every right. These designers seem to forget that they do what the client wants, not what they want.

yea g unit mother ****er!

One draw back of such comps...

If you attach or upload the image it can be saved and then edited ad used for free, even with a watermark etc

Hope no one here is doing that.. :s

If you attach or upload the image it can be saved and then edited ad used for free, even with a watermark etc

Thats why its better to email :D

Ill wip something up for this competition later..

Did you make your own avatar and sig logo?

That looks damn hot. Its got the whole growth look to it, but its simple at the same time. Nice design.