your ride - lets see it :)

for the guy who plans to buy a supra?? what yr? model are you wanting to get.. because im pretty sure THEY ARENT MADE OR>> IMPORTED HERE ANYMORE!!!!

think 98 was the last.. yr.. you can get a supra in the STATES

Originally posted by generalnewbie

for the guy who plans to buy a supra?? what yr? model are you wanting to get.. because im pretty sure THEY ARENT MADE OR>> IMPORTED HERE ANYMORE!!!!

think 98 was the last.. yr.. you can get a supra in the STATES

yea he;s talking about getting a used supra... last year was the 98 (i think that was always the 15th aniversary limited edition... imo supra's are over priced but are good cars... for the same price i'd get a vette though

Originally posted by Cara

c438802a.jpg

2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Engine : 2.0 litre 140hp 4-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive

Looks identical to the one in the picture, no aftermarket accessories or modifications, though I am going to get a little tint added to the windows shortly and am considering a sunroof. But for now, just pure 24 / 33 MPG goodness. ;)

Honestly, it's a great car, serves me well, would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a reasonable ($12,499 - $13,999) car that isn't some little econobox.

My only advice is get the GLS, the GT just lacks the looks and is more expensive for very little extra.

PS: havyn, nice to see a fellow Elantra owner here! ;) Your's has the sunroof, Factory or Aftermarket?

i own elantra! :D

Originally posted by Rage

I got rid of the supercharger because superchargers and NOS don't work too well together. Plus, I ran it on the DYNO before and after I put the turbocharger in and didn't lose any horsepower.

ugh, u raped your nice truck so it could handle NOS? why didnt u just boost the SC? or let it run on an alcohol system :)

Originally posted by Nestea_M@n

its an awsome preformance car, sure the design is somewhat bad, but when i get my supra, its gonna look different. :D

I dont care if that is an awsome performance car, that thing is everything I hate about certain aftermarket segments. I am trying to aviod that word, but it is a total RICER. I like function over form, myself. I would not really change to much on the exterior of my truck to add a cool look, only to add function. I have not put alot of money into it, but all but maybe two mods are to add the function of the truck.

That is like taking a pitbull and painting like a zebra to be different. BTW dont tell me that spoiler improves performance at all either. Actually looking at it, at that height and angle I would say it slows down that car more often then not.

SL500R BABY!!!

ok so i'm gonna get the ls400 but once the s600 comes i get that!

i sure hope that works because its on my ftp! lol :p

btw its a black sl500 if someone knows about some free webhosting without a tranfer limit please PM me... doesnt matter if its like 10mb tho lol.

I just convinced my father to buy me a Dodge Sebring Convertible for my Birthday which is in November. Oh boy I can't wait. He sucks because he won't buy me the Mercedes Benz convertible but just the stupid Dodge convertible. He get's the 80,000 dollar one and I get the 25,000 dollar one. Just my luck but hopefully when he passes away I'll just go buy it then. Hold up there I won't go buy it because I'll just get his. Cool.

Originally posted by vraa

SL500R BABY!!!

ok so i'm gonna get the ls400 but once the s600 comes i get that!

i sure hope that works because its on my ftp! lol :p

btw its a black sl500 if someone knows about some free webhosting without a tranfer limit please PM me... doesnt matter if its like 10mb tho lol.

Took a while to download, but nice. How come it isn't registered? plates? :s

Lightnings have been around since before '97. A guy that lives down the road from me drives a '94 or '95 Lightning.

There was no 97 Lightning only 93-95 and 99-later.

See Here

Originally posted by aco

Took a while to download, but nice. How come it isn't registered? plates? :s

mercedes dealer is kinda slow.. we had to request new temp plates cuz our real ones never came in.. i guess benz in texas or the DMV here is slow.. lol

sorry about the slow speed.. i have a 45k up limit heh

Originally posted by jonMEGA

There was no 97 Lightning only 93-95 and 99-later.

See Here

i knew there was something fishy about him... first of all i think the f150 in the picture is the 99 (correct me if im wrong) because it has the larger grill... and 2nd of all who would take the supercharger out of the Lightning and throw in a turbo instead? i think this fool doesnt even know it came supercharged

Lightnings have been around since before '97. A guy that lives down the road from me drives a '94 or '95 Lightning.

Actually, no ...

A Lightning is an F-150 heavily modded by Ford's in-house skunkworks shop known as Special Vehicle Teams (SVT).

The original Lightning was introduced in 1993 and lasted until the 1995 model year. SVT dropped the Lightning in 1996 and brought it back in 1999. The guy down the road could very well have a 1994 Lightning ... you don't have a 1997.

If it's a Lightning, there will be special badging interior and exterior noting that it is part of the SVT stable. It also would have come with a production certificate indicating what number build it is off the production run (all SVT's are limited production ... mine is #1991 of 2760 built in 1999).

Since it's not an SVT, it is not a Lightning. It is one sweetly modded F-150 that you're happy with ... cool! But, whoever sold it to you ripped you off if you paid Lightning money for it. Sorry to be the one to tell you.

There is actually special badging on the interior, but not the exterior, and I wasn't given a certificate when I bought the truck. It was quite an expensive purchase but not as much as one would expect to pay for a lightning.

bayrider>> if you'll take a closer look at the pic you'll see that the truck has a custom grill on it and not the stock ford grill. Custom grills and bumpers are quite easy to have fabricated.

Actually looking at it, at that height and angle I would say it slows down that car more often then not.

Of course it will. A spoiler wil increase drag and reduce the speed of the car.

However, the extra downforce will increase grip esp. at higher speeds.

It's a trade-ff, and IMO totally not needed on a street car. Like bull-bars and hummers in urban areas.

I really don't like all that Max Power stuff either.

--

unspec

Originally posted by Geronimo

I dont care if that is an awsome performance car, that thing is everything I hate about certain aftermarket segments. I am trying to aviod that word, but it is a total RICER. I like function over form, myself. I would not really change to much on the exterior of my truck to add a cool look, only to add function. I have not put alot of money into it, but all but maybe two mods are to add the function of the truck.

That is like taking a pitbull and painting like a zebra to be different. BTW dont tell me that spoiler improves performance at all either. Actually looking at it, at that height and angle I would say it slows down that car more often then not.

that is a pretty ugly car, and its NOT for PERFORMANCE. its a damn drag car, and yes the spoiler does help.

ie:

photo16.jpg

There is actually special badging on the interior, but not the exterior, and I wasn't given a certificate when I bought the truck. It was quite an expensive purchase but not as much as one would expect to pay for a lightning.

bayrider>> if you'll take a closer look at the pic you'll see that the truck has a custom grill on it and not the stock ford grill. Custom grills and bumpers are quite easy to have fabricated.

On any SVT, the speedo or tach will have the SVT logo on it. If you go to Ford's SVT site and click on SVT archive you can see every SVT vehicle ever built. You will see there is no 1997 Lightning.

Originally posted by unspec

Of course it will. A spoiler wil increase drag and reduce the speed of the car.

However, the extra downforce will increase grip esp. at higher speeds.

It's a trade-ff, and IMO totally not needed on a street car. Like bull-bars and hummers in urban areas.

I really don't like all that Max Power stuff either.

--

unspec

I understand that, but the speeds needed to actually see the increase in performance will not likely be reached by that car on a constant basic. Hardly ever really unless it's sole purpose is for racing, which i doubt it is. I see that shait all the time up here makes me sick. So the guy lost alot in the trade off.

that is a pretty ugly car, and its NOT for PERFORMANCE. its a damn drag car, and yes the spoiler does help.

That is not a drag car. It is a damn ricer. Look at the tires and rims. definetly not a drag car.

lol, damn ricers... ur gonna drive the car around town, unless you plan on constantly driving at 200+ miles/hr that spoiler is nothing but a goddamn burden on your rear view mirror, how the hell do you reverse park a car?

My brother has some ricer friends. One kid has a spoiler and a wing added on the back. He cant see out the back of his car, and to open the trunk takes two or three people plus the use of a shovel to keep it open.