Village idiots beat 5 'witches' to death

um im no zealot. im 16, dont know all that much, and rarely talk about it.

but yeah this is getting all flamey, we can belive what we want, free will and all that.

And i think NOS should take sometime to actually find out what hes talking about really, instead of calling religion ignorant and superstitious. But well, nm,

Originally posted by NOS482

There is one thing I know that you don't about your religion is that the first Christians didn't believe in a hell or even in a devil. To them it was either heaven or the Grave. It was the Church which later added these concepts as a means of controlling people. Yet another part of your beliefs which are based on a lie.

yes but if you have good (god) there must be an evil. And these first christians musta been real stoopid, cos the devil is in like the 1st book fo the bible. But well, its up to you. You can think im a zealot and brainwashed if you like, and i can think your wrong, but its not gonna fixd anything. We are what we are.

Originally posted by Tom Servo

I didn't point at you specifically. It's just my experience that a lot (doesn't mean all) show kinda zealot-like signs.

ah lol ok,

*removes "not a zealot" sign from head*

(heck, i better stop posting already :p)

Originally posted by condorstats

um im no zealot. im 16, dont know all that much, and rarely talk about it.

but yeah this is getting all flamey, we can belive what we want, free will and all that.

And i think NOS should take sometime to actually find out what hes talking about really, instead of calling religion ignorant and superstitious. But well, nm,

Being just 16 means that you don't have much experience with the real world.

yes but if you have good (god) there must be an evil.

Why? Good and evil are human concepts only and don't exist in the real world.

And these first christians musta been real stoopid, cos the devil is in like the 1st book fo the bible.

Actually Genesis is one of the last books added to the bible. Plus, the first Christians didn't have the bible as a whole either. The bible, as a whole, is only around 1600 or 1700 years old and highly edited and revised.

But well, its up to you. You can think im a zealot and brainwashed if you like, and i can think your wrong, but its not gonna fixd anything. We are what we are.

The difference is that I have looked for myself and didn't just accept what I was told.

yes but if you have good (god) there must be an evil.

Why? Good and evil are human concepts only and don't exist in the real world.

And these first christians musta been real stoopid, cos the devil is in like the 1st book fo the bible.

Actually Genesis is one of the last books added to the bible. Plus, the first Christians didn't have the bible as a whole either. The bible, as a whole, is only around 1600 or 1700 years old and highly edited and revised.

But well, its up to you. You can think im a zealot and brainwashed if you like, and i can think your wrong, but its not gonna fixd anything. We are what we are.

The difference is that I have looked for myself and didn't just accept what I was told.

ok screw the no posting thing

who the heck do you think i am? Some sorta poxy nerdy little kid who goes "yes sir no sir" to the priest? well no. Every sunday i pretty much disagree with everything im told, but thats not christianity, its about you and god, and thats what i know, and you cant tell me otherwise. I couldnt give two hoots if the bible was written last week by the milkman.

And dude, dont you sit there all high and mighty with your "i looked for myself" bs. You have no idea what ive done in my life before now, and before "religion" so dotn say, oh you havent looked, cos frankly, your as wrong as a ?3 coin.

ok screw the no posting thing

who the heck do you think i am? Some sorta poxy nerdy little kid who goes "yes sir no sir" to the priest? well no. Every sunday i pretty much disagree with everything im told, but thats not christianity, its about you and god, and thats what i know, and you cant tell me otherwise. I couldnt give two hoots if the bible was written last week by the milkman.

And dude, dont you sit there all high and mighty with your "i looked for myself" bs. You have no idea what ive done in my life before now, and before "religion" so dotn say, oh you havent looked, cos frankly, your as wrong as a ?3 coin. >

TROLL ALERT!!!!

Some people looked into their belief and came to the conclusion that it's wrong. These people want to make the still-believers look into it themselves. But instead of looking into it, they just reply with their indoctrinated stuff they learn, not willing to doubt at least a little.

TROLL ALERT!!!!

You should be talking... all you seem to do is pick fights with people if you don't agree with them. Its ok to ask why and etc... but you don't have to question them about every little thing. We know you are athesist and you think religion is a big waste of time. But, some people don't and quite frankly I find your post insulting and "troll" like. :right:

TROLL ALERT!!!!

yes im a troll.

flame me :right:

Some people looked into their belief and came to the conclusion that it's wrong. These people want to make the still-believers look into it themselves. But instead of looking into it, they just reply with their indoctrinated stuff they learn, not willing to doubt at least a little.

lol had to read that a few times :)

yeah ok i guess i shouldnt be so quick to argue and not look into things, my bad i guess. But i do question it and .... ack whats the point,

Originally posted by shockz

You should be talking... all you seem to do is pick fights with people if you don't agree with them. Its ok to ask why and etc... but you don't have to question them about every little thing. We know you are athesist and you think religion is a big waste of time. But, some people don't and quite frankly I find your post insulting and "troll" like. :right:

You seem to not know the difference between a debate and attacking. And BTW, I'm not an atheist. I think that they are just as wrong as you are. It is just they they aren't the ones who want to force their beliefs on me. I don't think that religion is a waste of time, I think that it is dangerous.

The point is, you have been trimmed onto a believe by your parents since you've been born, then it continued in school, and maybe by pressure of some other sides. Now you're assuming what they tell is true, since you're used to that talk since birth, and tend (slighty - very much) to disagree with other views, especially when they're atheistic.

My major problem with this is, that usually you don't have a choice, means your parents wait until you're able to decide on your own. No you get pushed it onto you. And if this is done since birth, you mostly accept it as one and only truth.

Then think what you like but dont attack/argue/discus/whatever me for what i believe in. I happen to think your frame of mind is "dangerous" but its not worth the ensunig attacks and "impressive" :right: show of knowledge from you to prove me wrong,

Originally posted by Tom Servo

The point is, you have been trimmed onto a believe by your parents since you've been born, then it continued in school, and maybe by pressure of some other sides. Now you're assuming what they tell is true, since you're used to that talk since birth, and tend (slighty - very much) to disagree with other views, especially when they're atheistic.

My major problem with this is, that usually you don't have a choice, means your parents wait until you're able to decide on your own. No you get pushed it onto you. And if this is done since birth, you mostly accept it as one and only truth.

Yeah i see your point there. Ive had it "pushed at me" since i was around 5 or something. When i hit 16 i was given the choice, and yeah those 11 years may have pressured me into it, but i dunno where id be without those 11 years, i might go anyway, or i might attack n00bies who come on here for going to chruch for 11 years ;) j/k

Then think what you like but dont attack/argue/discus/whatever me for what i believe in. I happen to think your frame of mind is "dangerous" but its not worth the ensunig attacks and "impressive" :right: show of knowledge from you to prove me wrong,

Do you understand the concept of something which is dangerous? The major difference between what I'm doing and those like you want to do is that I won't use force, or violence, to make you believe what I do. The entire history of religion is filled with involuntary "conversions". If you actually studied your belief system through independant and unbiased sources you would see the true evil behind it. Their preaching of love and tolerance is just a hook to trick you into believing as they do.

Do you understand the concept of something which is dangerous? The major difference between what I'm doing and those like you want to do is that I won't use force, or violence, to make you believe what I do. The entire history of religion is filled with involuntary "conversions". If you actually studied your belief system through independant and unbiased sources you would see the true evil behind it. Their preaching of love and tolerance is just a hook to trick you into believing as they do.

ahaha lol

*thinks of a time ive forced or beat someone into christianity*

never

and what do these "evil" people who forced me into church get? (they were my parents btw) I cant think of anything ive given them, because i havent.

Cant you see how narrow and assuming your own arguement is? You talk only of evil and forcing and greed for more people into a religion.

*PUBLIC MESSAGE*

If i have ever put you at risk, or forced, beaten you about religion..im sorry

lol ok that wasnt called for but :p im only joking. :)

ahaha lol

*thinks of a time ive forced or beat someone into christianity*

never

and what do these "evil" people who forced me into church get? (they were my parents btw) I cant think of anything ive given them, because i havent.

Cant you see how narrow and assuming your own arguement is? You talk only of evil and forcing and greed for more people into a religion.

*PUBLIC MESSAGE*

If i have ever put you at risk, or forced, beaten you about religion..im sorry

lol ok that wasnt called for but :p im only joking. :)

Read the title of this thread....

The article doesn't mention any religion, but would you think some atheist jury would condemn witches to death. Some people that try to represent and are supposed to have done something, the jury wouldn't believe its possible?

You need far more that since the bible is far from being accurrate on a great many things.
And your proof is? I gave you a great number of secular massacres and you come back with religious based. You are ignorant of the facts, and I think that you believe yourself to be a humanist elitist. You don't have the facts at all, you are sitting in smug judgement of those of us that do believe. You have a problem with belief and not religion.
BTW, you are trying to use the fallacy of shifting the burden of proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You are the one is making these claims not us.

I am not using a fallacy of SHIFTING the burden of proof. The book is there for you to believe or not. It has many historical references, I invite you to refute them. How about starting with Josephus, or the Talmud or Thallus? Refute them please with proof, because this is historical empirical proof.

As for historical records. There are no independent records for the exist of Christ outside of the NT.
Either you are ignorant, a liar, or a bluffer. Get your facts straight.

I quoted some of the above for you.

OK, how was Amin's rape of the country religiously motivated?

How was the Kmer Rouge slaughter religiously motivated? How about the Stalins slaugher of millions? How about Hannibal? Ghengis Khan?

We are all aware of the failings of the church in the past. What you are failing to recoginize is the fact that they were following their own hearts, not the teachings of the Bible. No matter how you much you refute this, it is true.

As I wrote down before, a couple of sciences out and out lies.

" The peppered moth debacle and the piltdown man are just two of the lies science has told to debase the bible. I have many more if you like."

Look those up, mister science man. I believe in science, but it is not the end all to be all. You are an exlusionist.

I see that you are yet another theist who doesn't understand what and how science works.

Troll.

What slaughter in what secular countries?
Your ignorance is too much here. What is it you call yourself again? Grab a history book or read the paper. Read the above

once again.

My 'interpretation" is correct. Maybe you should get out of the forest and see the rest of the trees.

I don't see you offering any proof here.

If you look closer at these events you will see a religious influence in almost all of them. Lenin hated the church because it allowed his brother to be hung as a theif. Stalin had been in training to be a priest, and Hitler was a Catholic who felt that it was every Christians duty to make the Jews pay for what they did to Christ. Also, Far-Eastern concepts of religion are different than our concepts.
How so, I'm waiting to see some proof. Especially in the Nigerian,

Indoneasian,Columbian, and Cambodian slaughters. I can name more if you like. I'm also waiting for the proof that they were religiously motivated.

Much of the so-called prosecution of CHristians today is of their own doing. I.E. Those two missionaries in Afghanistan were guilty of what they were accused of. They had a total disregard for the beliefs of others.

So, you choose to defend the rights of one religion over another. This is in direct contradiction to your so called beliefs. Did I say they were not guilty? The law of the country that they were in will judge them. I'm not an American who thinks that the laws of that land prevail in everyland. They didn't have disregard for the beliefs of anyone, the ones that prosecuted and condemned them had a disregard for the Christians beliefs. I think you better brush up on the laws of Islam, if you need help let me know and I'll quote a few Suras for you to help you understand.

It truly amazes me just how ignorant most Christians are about their own belief system.

You keep quoting myth, and your own beliefs and have yet to back them up with anything remotely historical. I also see that you chose to represent the early Christians as not believing in the Devil and hell. Well the early Jews already had names for those things and they were well represented in the old and new testaments. You again are twisting reality. Where are you getting this stuff???????????????????????/

Originally posted by alpoinacan

And your proof is?

So, you believe that bats are birds just because they can fly.

I gave you a great number of secular massacres and you come back with religious based. You are ignorant of the facts, and I think that you believe yourself to be a humanist elitist. You don't have the facts at all, you are sitting in smug judgement of those of us that do believe. You have a problem with belief and not religion.

WHen compared to history these so-called "secular massacres" are nothing to what has been been by the religious.

I am not using a fallacy of SHIFTING the burden of proof. The book is there for you to believe or not. It has many historical references, I invite you to refute them.

Well, the nursery rhyme Puss n Boots has many references as well, these this mean that cats can talk?

How about starting with Josephus, or the Talmud or Thallus? Refute them please with proof, because this is historical empirical proof.

All of these were long AFTER the fact and have been refuted.

OK, how was Amin's rape of the country religiously motivated?

How was the Kmer Rouge slaughter religiously motivated? How about the Stalins slaugher of millions? How about Hannibal? Ghengis Khan?

As I've stated is that the Far eastern concept of religion is different than ours.

We are all aware of the failings of the church in the past. What you are failing to recoginize is the fact that they were following their own hearts, not the teachings of the Bible. No matter how you much you refute this, it is true.

Each and every one of them could find a passage in the bible to justify what they had done.

As I wrote down before, a couple of sciences out and out lies.

" The peppered moth debacle and the piltdown man are just two of the lies science has told to debase the bible. I have many more if you like."

It is not my fault that you are ignorant about how science works. But what can I expect since you base your knowledge of science on what is in the buybull. Unlike religion it is more than willing to learn from its mistakes. Religion will kill to keep the staus quo.

(Irrelevant crap deleted)

You keep quoting myth, and your own beliefs and have yet to back them up with anything remotely historical. I also see that you chose to represent the early Christians as not believing in the Devil and hell. Well the early Jews already had names for those things and they were well represented in the old and new testaments. You again are twisting reality. Where are you getting this stuff???????????????????????/

The Jews got their concept of a devil, and even angels, from their time as slaves of the Babylonians.

Attention!

Consider this post a warning. Members calling one another ignorant, stupid, liars or killers will not be tolerated.

Inferring that another member is ignorant, stupid, a liar or a killer will not be tolerated at Neowin.

All weekend long I've closed down several threads involving a specific group of people. Learn how to debate an issue without lowering yourselves to slander or just don't post.

Now restrain your posts to the thread topic, please.

deadzombie

Neowin Moderator