See the New Vista Features Demonstrated by Mac OS

Earlier this week, Bill Gates gave the Keynote Address at CES. In an effort to gear people up for the gadget wizardry they were about to experience on the show floor, Bill touted the revolutionary new features of the upcoming Windows Vista. Baring any further setbacks, Vista is scheduled to be released near the end of 2006.

Any Mac users who watched the Keynote were likely unimpressed. This must have been the case with the user who created the following video. Is Vista unique in all of its first of a kind features? You decide.

WATCH: Video

:laugh:

lol made me laugh, very clever :)

not being a mac user myself that mac os looks pretty good!

is that the TigerOS that all those mac guys are raving about ?

I posted it in here since there are Mac users in here, however I am fully aware this might go to the Jokes & Funny Stuff... however reason I didn't is because there it might turn into a flame thread (something I am attempting to avoid).

Original story:

http://maclive.net/sid/134 &

part 2: http://maclive.net/sid/135

However if the vids don't work, I have them hosted on my machine (in a datacenter):

http://www.disgruntled-dutch.com/media/mis...a_episode_1.mov

http://www.disgruntled-dutch.com/media/mis...a_episode_2.mov

i dont get the video??

the speech was from microsoft about Windows Vista, what you saw Was Mac OS X Tiger, Apple's OS. What the video means is that all what Microsoft calls new feature are actually stolen from other developers and most of them are from Apple. Windows is just a buch of stolen software put together with el cheapo gluw. Microsoft didnt even make DOS , they just bought it.

Thats why OS X is the better OS as OS X 10.5 will be released when Vista is lounched so Microsoft has a example what to steal in the next OS:P

the speech was from microsoft about Windows Vista, what you saw Was Mac OS X Tiger, Apple's OS. What the video means is that all what Microsoft calls new feature are actually stolen from other developers and most of them are from Apple. Windows is just a buch of stolen software put together with el cheapo gluw. Microsoft didnt even make DOS , they just bought it.

Thats why OS X is the better OS as OS X 10.5 will be released when Vista is lounched so Microsoft has a example what to steal in the next OS:P

Why's it only Mac- MAINLY mac people- not so much even Linux people these days- like to shoot MS?

i dont get the video??

The point of the video is to show that a lot of the features from Vista, as it stands now, are taken from Mac OS X. Or at least, Apple already has all these features in Mac OS X.

That's right, because we all know Apple is the true and only innovator in computing... From the very beginning of the Mac OS GUI, which Xerox never invented, to the very present OSX 10.4 widgets, which Konfabulator never made available first. Give me a break, Apple zealotry isn't any more justified than the blind following of any other manufacturer. In the end of the day they're still the same crap kind of company as anyone else in corporate America. But I guess putting out a sterile looking MP3 player covers up your dark side of battery recalls and LCD-scratching notebook keyboards.

That's right, because we all know Apple is the true and only innovator in computing... From the very beginning of the Mac OS GUI, which Xerox never invented, to the very present OSX 10.4 widgets, which Konfabulator never made available first. Give me a break, Apple zealotry isn't any more justified than the blind following of any other manufacturer. In the end of the day they're still the same crap kind of company as anyone else in corporate America. But I guess putting out a sterile looking MP3 player covers up your dark side of battery recalls and LCD-scratching notebook keyboards.

Best post in this whole thread. Even the ones that are not yet typed up yet.

OK first i want to say i have never used a MAC, But i do know alot about them, and they look damn sweet with some very cool features!

but heres the thing, all the features in Vista do the same thing as OSX, but i mean how can they make these features, which users want, and not make them ever so slightly seem like the mac features? they can't!!

I Have no doubt that that microsoft looked at OSX and at what users love about it, but in know way have they stolen any of there ideas, they just tryed to make there os look aot more appeling. Anyway whats so wrong about windows having some of the cool features OSX has

IMO everyones a winner!

OK first i want to say i have never used a MAC, But i do know alot about them, and they look damn sweet with some very cool features!

but heres the thing, all the features in Vista do the same thing as OSX, but i mean how can they make these features, which users want, and not make them ever so slightly seem like the mac features? they can't!!

I Have no doubt that that microsoft looked at OSX and at what users love about it, but in know way have they stolen any of there ideas, they just tryed to make there os look aot more appeling. Anyway whats so wrong about windows having some of the cool features OSX has

IMO everyones a winner!

I agree completely, this video was a really cheap shot, so many products copy each other, even though microsoft copied apple, some off the the features are diffrent and who is to say that apple didn't copy someone else in the first place. PPL also say that microsoft copied google personal yet start.com was around before hand.

That was a low, cheap, crappy shot.

That'd be like the Ontario Police telling London police that London police uniforms suck ... when the London (this is London Ontario by the way) police only recently changed their cars and uniforms to look more like Ontario Police, or RCMP or the US State Police ...

It's just stupid.

The point of the video is to show that a lot of the features from Vista, as it stands now, are taken from Mac OS X. Or at least, Apple already has all these features in Mac OS X.

no what i meant is the video doesnt load for me :D

Wow, these have been posted at least 3 times that I've seen so far.

Apple ###### are on the same level as browser trolls, IMO. They turn everything into a bash fest, turn every thread about Vista into a Windows vs OSX competition. Sickening. :rolleyes: