Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 build 5291

Also notice how the icons are all Vista-ized. I recall seeing icons left over from XP in the last IE 7 beta screenshot.

yes but that was Beta 1 this is Beta 2 that beta 1 is over almost 6 months old alot has changed since then.

IE 7 users who visit google.com get a little thing saying 'add google to your search bar'. Simiarly, Firefox users who visit yahoo get a little thing saying make us default search...

yes but that was Beta 1 this is Beta 2 that beta 1 is over almost 6 months old alot has changed since then.

Quoi?

That screenshot is from build 5270, the December CTP. Notice how the RSS is :x, the home icon is from XP, the Favourites (or the new tab button?) is in the XP style, and so on.

Vista icons on XP - never before has IE had it's own icons - on W2K IE6 uses the W2K icons not XP one's.

IE 7 users who visit google.com get a little thing saying 'add google to your search bar'. Simiarly, Firefox users who visit yahoo get a little thing saying make us default search...

And by changing your UA String you can get it to say anything.

The "e" symbol doesn't look quite right. I don't recall Microsoft's design having any green in it whatsoever.

Yeah neither do I. I hope they don't keep that icon :x

ie70gb.png

well a) it's NOT fake (page 2 theres a link to a microsoft page, that EVEN SAYS 5291 OR HIGHER, its called reading), b) It also gives us the knowledge of what build vista is at currently, im thinking that vista beta 2 will be 5300? eh nvm but looks good!

well a) it's NOT fake (page 2 theres a link to a microsoft page, that EVEN SAYS 5291 OR HIGHER, its called reading), b) It also gives us the knowledge of what build vista is at currently, im thinking that vista beta 2 will be 5300? eh nvm but looks good!

Just because the existence of build 5291 is confirmed, doesn't mean that the screenshot is real. Photoshop is a very powerful tool. It's child's play to change the numbers in a picture.

I actually really, like the new look. OK, its not as good as the Vista Beta2 concept picture showed it off as (tabs were flat and small, and a nice blue shade. Looked very professional and gorgeous). I still think its miles better than IE6, though.

And the new icons are a welcome addition. IE has looked like it was made for 9X systems for too long.

I think this is fake.. because it looks ugly as hell.. Just look at the buttons.. They looked so much better then B1. An i don't think MS will come from ok looking icons to crappy ones.

Don't like the overall layout, but in an effort to be as impartial as possible, I can say that I do like the option of previewing all web pages from the same window (different tabs) from right within Internet Explorer. I hope Mozilla and Apple steal those ideas for the next versions of their browsers, LOL! :D