Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 build 5291

The IE7 UI you see poking through in this concept shot is what would kill Firefox.

<image snipped>

That concept of IE is basicly just a copy of FF - down to nearly ever detail.

What are you smoking? Are you saying it's a copy of FF in that it is a browser that displays web pages? Or is it because it has a search box? (which FF copied from 15 other browsers before it).

I don't understand. When they made IE5 for Win98\2000 they kept the icons. Wouldn't it be the same for XP?

Those icons are far from final. In fact the entire UI is still not finished. And the colors look really funky in those shots.

What?! How on earth did you come to that conclusion?? Whenever I start Firefox, I don't get anything near that sleek a UI. Besides, FF doesn't have QuickTabs :p

The IE7 UI you see poking through in this concept shot is what would kill Firefox.

th_slide0157image0262ql.jpg

The Vista UI you see in this concept screenshot would make me a happy camper. I think it just needs some changes in the colors department.

Sadly, there's no download manager, and I greatly dislike how IE limits you to 2 downloads at a time.

The Vista UI you see in this concept screenshot would make me a happy camper. I think it just needs some changes in the colors department.

Sadly, there's no download manager, and I greatly dislike how IE limits you to 2 downloads at a time.

registry value can change that :)

also, download managers i think are kind of out-dated back from dialup days. i think the only people that like them now are people that were dependent on them years ago. maybe i'm wrong? i dunno. i've never downloaded something with my browser that needed one.

Looks nice to me. I much like it. I was imaging running it instead of this IE6 and figured it would be pretty sweet :-D

I use FlashGet for large downloads because it can segment and thus make downloads faster on slow servers. Also, resume of 2 GB file is nice, and I don't have to worry about copying after file is cached in the browser.

aa come on dosn't looked thaaaaat bad, IMO looks more fun than ie6, iam sure many people could design a much better one, but it could be alot worse.

looks pretty real, have to wait to find out i geuss.

looks like somebody (*cough* microsoft) is stealing from AOL...

AOL Explorer first featured that "Mosaic" feature which shows mini-previews of all the open tabs...except AOL does it better :) :) :)

looks like somebody (*cough* microsoft) is stealing from AOL...

AOL Explorer first featured that "Mosaic" feature which shows mini-previews of all the open tabs...except AOL does it better :) :) :)

You do know that AOL Explorer modified version of Internet Exploer 7 don't you? it's going to be the exact same. If you go into AOL Explorer and go into "About" you will see what I mean :D

btw, That article was taken right from JCXP.

Err... it doesn't.

By default IE (Windows?) limits you to 2 connections to any given HTTP server. You can download from as many sites as you want though, or as many files via FTP as you want.

I'm 95% sure that it's part of the HTTP spec, and not an IE limitation.

You do know that AOL Explorer modified version of Internet Exploer 7 don't you? it's going to be the exact same. If you go into AOL Explorer and go into "About" you will see what I mean :D

btw, That article was taken right from JCXP.

My understanding is that AOL Explorer uses whatever IE version you have installed (6.0 or 7.0).

I went to about and all I see is:

post-108961-1137305292_thumb.jpg

I've seen lots of sites/people saying it looks like Firefox. Well, to me it looks more like Opera, at least as far as the tabs go. I'm a big fan of Firefox, but it just doesn't look like Firefox to me. IMHO

That concept of IE is basicly just a copy of FF - down to nearly ever detail

(stewie voice)Are you serious? Is he serious?