IE7 Beta 2 Preview build 5299

Hey I just found this : <removed>

Is this teh beta 2 build?! It was beta 1 :(

Omg .. :laugh: You should remove that or u'll get a big warn ...

Btw, anyone noticed the live mail bug? :blink:

Omg .. :laugh: You should remove that or u'll get a big warn ...

Btw, anyone noticed the live mail bug? :blink:

whats the bug?

does wlmail work with this version?

Someone PM me a phishing site, I wanna test the new anti phishing filter thing :p

Lol that's nuts! :D Hope that filter works or you won't be smiling friend!! :p

Lol that's nuts! :D Hope that filter works or you won't be smiling friend!! :p

I will be lol :p

It's not as If im gonna enter any details if it even loads heh

I will be lol :p

It's not as If im gonna enter any details if it even loads heh

hah hah hah this is crazy... just got a message that my phishing filter is "temporarily" unavailable for this site ( lol i'm on neowin!!). Schnitzel, you may get your wish sooner than u think!!!

OK for the ones asking if this beta 2 build 5299 is official:

If it was, it would be allowed to post a link and you'd see a link and story on the frontpage of Neowin by now :rolleyes:

Someone said it's the FINAL build when I don't think it's anywhere near the final build. Final build will be a 53XX build number. This build, 5299, is already 2 or 3 days old. It won't be released in April like someone said. It should be February. Most likely the same day Vista Beta 2 is released. I'm pretty sure they compile the Vista and IE 7 builds at the same time because the always have the same build number.

Someone said they're not sticking with the Windows Internet Explorer name. I believe the same day they released the photo of the new IE icon they also confirmed it was no longer going to be called Microsoft Internet Explorer as shown in the photo they released featuring the new icon. As a matter of fact most of there software that featured Microsoft in the name looks like it's all going to be replaced by Windows: Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express is now called Windows Mail in Vista.

The Windows Live Mail bug. From what I'm reading on other sites, if you're an official tester you have issues with it. If you're using it because you used the little URL hack that was found a little while ago, for some reason it works fine. I'm an official tester for Live Mail and it only works when it wants to.

OK for the ones asking if this beta 2 build 5299 is official:

If it was, it would be allowed to post a link and you'd see a link and story on the frontpage of Neowin by now :rolleyes:

Someone said it's the FINAL build when I don't think it's anywhere near the final build. Final build will be a 53XX build number. This build, 5299, is already 2 or 3 days old. It won't be released in April like someone said. It should be February. Most likely the same day Vista Beta 2 is released. I'm pretty sure they compile the Vista and IE 7 builds at the same time because the always have the same build number.

Someone said they're not sticking with the Windows Internet Explorer name. I believe the same day the released the photo of the new IE icon they also confirmed it was no longer going to be called Microsoft Internet Explorer as shown in the photo they released featuring the new icon. As a matter of fact most of there software that featured Microsoft in the name looks like it's all going to be replaced by Windows: Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express is now called Windows Mail in Vista.

good to know this ain't "final" ... otherwise they may as well tell everyone use firefox or opera!

I usually don't use leaked copies of anything, but people were saying it was rendering sites faster than Firefox and I just had to see if that was true.

Very surprised to see that it actually is.

When the public build is released. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Internet Explorer 7 started winning back some of the people who switched to Firefox or Opera. It's really starting to impress me. That's just my opinion of course.

Someone PM me a phishing site, I wanna test the new anti phishing filter thing

Here ya go

ok wtf? I was on the windows sites and found some other enthusiasts sites. I went to bink.nu but in IE7 it shows up as a suspicious site? LOL

post-698-1137812035_thumb.jpg

well mines installed but im not liking how the bookmarks are hidden away to an icon i have 2 folders showing on the old IE7

Go to tools>toolbar>classic menu. That should be more familiar

The Windows Live Mail bug. From what I'm reading on other sites, if you're an official tester you have issues with it. If you're using it because you used the little URL hack that was found a little while ago, for some reason it works fine. I'm an official tester for Live Mail and it only works when it wants to

I'm an official beta tester and does not work with my account so I think is nothing to do with how you sign up its a simple problem with IE7 when loads the page I have the same problem with other webmail (http://www.inbox.com).

It seems that a lot of people have been complaining about how buggy this BETA is. Since it is BETA, I can't exactly blame them when they complain and give reasons for their complaint. If they complain without giving a good reason or just for fanboyism, then by all means go all out on them :angry: . But constructive critisicm can go a long way in making a product successful. So everyone calm down, and lets get down to seeing what this build has to offer to the consumer, OK :yes: ?

As for IE7 Build 5299, there is still no download manager, so that's a minus for me. There are some Win32 legacy icons (Certificate in Internet Options, Downloading a File) and some of the sites it renders are a bit off (Try www.live.com). At least the HP site is allright except the support & troubleshooting link in the homepage doesn't seem to show the whole link. Java implementation needs a little bit of work as I had problems when running my Java applets. Some Java websites, including hotmail, give me Java errors - I can't empty my Trash Can. It is not very customisable or skinnable like Opera and Firefox but I quite like the layout - for me, it's simple and clean. All in all, a good build. I hope Microsoft keeps up the good work and I am hoping what is the final ouput for this piece of technology :D .

PSG22