[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

nice, will try out the gnome icons when i get home!

one question, wont i get problems with restoring my original windows files when i install it over the previous version of the patcher without uninstalling the older version first?

one question, wont i get problems with restoring my original windows files when i install it over the previous version of the patcher without uninstalling the older version first?
Nyet, that was the whole point of using XPero's installer bits.

any shots of the gnome icons?

I believe it is included in this. To vertigosity, great release!

Scirwode

Great release Vertigosity.

Superdoode, i'm having some problems with your ff skin (v0.8): every menu background is black and looks "shrinked". lovely skin nonetheless :p

I'm stupid. I tried adding menu icons and giving it Linux support but something went wrong somewhere (I think it was the code for the menu icons) and the themes borked on Windows. I removed the icons in the menus in hopes the black colors would go away but I can't test it for myself because my Windows partition is broken. I'm on linux for now. Like I said, I'm stupid :p

I have a different thread for this matter, though, so it doesn't clog up this topic and take away from the exciting November release of the patcher :p

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=512767

Thanks for this great update! Especially the new gnome icons look very good.

One minor gripe though:

post-96851-1163625251.jpg

This icon isn't very suitable for mp3s. Maybe you can change that in the next release for a more suitable?

agt :

1) Create the native 48x48 PNG from the SVG (say edit-clear.svg to a 48x48 edit-clear.png) by using Inkscape or vertigosity's amazing shell integrations.

2) Get a hold of the 32x32, 22x22, and 16x16 PNGs from the Tango site. (http://tango.freedesktop.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/32x32/actions/edit-clear.png)

(http://tango.freedesktop.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/22x22/actions/edit-clear.png)

(http://tango.freedesktop.org/static/cvs/tango-icon-theme/16x16/actions/edit-clear.png)

3) Resize the 22x22 icon to 24x24, but do *not* resize the pixels or anything of the like. Just enlarge the size of the canvas.

4) Stuff all the icons together using @icon sushi.

And that's all it takes.

Oh yeah... I might have forgotten to mention, but I've got source packages now, with pre-rendered 128x128 and proper 32x32 for stuff that didn't have it but I used in the patcher. Git2 right now is still getting a lot of CVS checkins, so my source package / the patcher uses stuff that's a bit ahead of the current stable release.

post-96851-1163625251.jpg

This icon isn't very suitable for mp3s. Maybe you can change that in the next release for a more suitable?

I agree, and I'll think about it / watch for it. It might be a holdover from base Tango, which used to use a movie reel for categories/applications-multimedia icon, but swapped up the "movie reel" and the

"director's board" they'd been using as the generic video icon. I guess I'll watch to see if they do anything, otherwise I have to go renegade, since I agree with you (Jimmac might as well, who knows!). But I'm using a more generic "multimedia" icon for WMP, which uses the same icon for both audio and video, which is why you see that there.

I've a problem with help and support center, it doesnt run but without any error, also wmp11. Windows XP SP2.
Mmmh... sure it couldn't be anything else / does the problem still occur with the pack uninstalled? I haven't dipped too far into modifying that, and it still runs on all the systems I'd thought to try it on. If nothing else, I'd say to check your event log, but I can't think of any specific things to look for; just poke around, and maybe check the Services console to make sure the Help and Support Center service is running. Edited by vertigosity

Oh yeah... I might have forgotten to mention, but I've got source packages now, with pre-rendered 128x128 and proper 32x32 for stuff that didn't have it but I used in the patcher.

Can you post 128x128 icons somewhere? :) (If you can) many thanks.

It removes completly everything (what it installed) :D

nice cool thanks for replying :)

is there any way to change the recycle bin color to blue by anychance?

Edited by redrumy3