[Shell Patcher] Tango Icons for Windows

i think i need a new version :wub:

Really? Well...um...a new version of what? 'Cause, like, there are some VS updates in the Completed Visual Styles sub-forum here....is that a good update? What about an update on what I'm having for lunch today?! :D

No seriously, I think Vergy said there really wasn't much to update. From what he HAs said, the updates would be very minor. Still, I like it when the patcher is updated because it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;).

Heh... I did actually take the time this weekend to get it compiling again. So it might happen. FWIW, I seem to be seeing a bug a lot of people have reported (that I couldn't reproduce) where a few things (ntoskrnl, mostly, but OOo 2.1 seems to have trouble with it as well) seem to need reloading on the first boot. I'm looking into it, 'nuff said.

I just ate a pancake.

Heh... I did actually take the time this weekend to get it compiling again. So it might happen. FWIW, I seem to be seeing a bug a lot of people have reported (that I couldn't reproduce) where a few things (ntoskrnl, mostly, but OOo 2.1 seems to have trouble with it as well) seem to need reloading on the first boot. I'm looking into it, 'nuff said.

I just ate a pancake.

With maple syrup?

I just ate a pancake.

Hey vertigosity nice to hear this :)

Probably you're aware of this but just to be sure have a look at OOo icons at http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Fridays.

+ there are many other icons which could substitute for example:

Picasa (gThumb icon)

Notepad++ (Tomboy icon)

Miranda (Gajim icon)

Java (java webstart icon)

Media Player Classic - realmedia files icon (Realplayer icon)

Keypass ? or other password manager (Keyring Manager icon)

Freemind ? - a mindmaping app (Labyrinth icon)

Edited by stefeq

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I don't get SVG for Tango Fridays stuff (at least not without asking really nicely), and I've been trying to reduce the number of things that I don't have SVG for. There's still some stuff that I might use, though - I'd been using the mail-notification icon for Thunderbird for some time now.

Hey vertigosity nice to hear this :)

Probably you're aware of this but just to be sure have a look at OOo icons at http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Fridays.

+ there are many other icons which could substitute for example:

Picasa (gThumb icon)

Notepad++ (Tomboy icon)

Miranda (Gajim icon)

Java (java webstart icon)

Media Player Classic - realmedia files icon (Realplayer icon)

Keypass ? or other password manager (Keyring Manager icon)

Freemind ? - a mindmaping app (Labyrinth icon)

Don't forget Celestia!

--------------------

wow, tehmemories, that looks awesome.

Would something like that be possible on a Nano? (I have 1st gen)

i really wanna try this out but, im very paranoid and skeptical.... bc i have used flyakite and it killed my puter pretty much. i know alot of other ppl here haven't had any probs but, i still don't know. :(

i really wanna try this out but, im very paranoid and skeptical.... bc i have used flyakite and it killed my puter pretty much. i know alot of other ppl here haven't had any probs but, i still don't know. :(

I've installed this and reinstalled it on many computers since the early script version, very small chance it'll mess up your pc. Just back up any important data if you must ;)

Have y'all seen this?

http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=Tango-Highres

I'm not sure what to think. They're awesome yet glossy. Can icons be glossy AND awesome? I mean, we've had SO much gloss coming in lately. Interesting take to Tango, that is for sure.

That is interesting. They are Tango, but they're not. Kinda reminds me of my video-display concept for the Display control panel I did off GIT2 (all I did was resize and move stuff about), but didn't get around to doing for the other themes (I did finally tweak it up for ReactOS, though). I really don't know how it's supposed to scale versus current Tango, but then again, maybe current Tango's 32x32 becomes the new Smallest Size for future displays (I guess.) At any rate, it's just a proof-of-concept, and you can bet it'll be tweaked to hell, and guidelined up (so don't get yall's collective panties in a bunch). Of course, I get the feeling more and more that base Tango itself is just supposed to be a proof-of-concept, and not actually supposed to be used for anything (with GIT2 as the real implementation. Which begs the question of why GIT1 stuff was obviously imported and tweaked for Tango instead of GIT2, but this is the wrong place for that :p).
I've installed this and reinstalled it on many computers since the early script version, very small chance it'll mess up your pc. Just back up any important data if you must ;)
Pretty much. Of course, just to play devil's advocate (as I so often feel the urge to), keep in mind that FlyakiteOSX is sort-of STTP's uncle :devil: Edited by vertigosity

Yeah, the patcher is basically safe. I mean, if you want specifics:

patcher copies shell32.dll to \old (or something)

patcher patches shell32.dll to \new

patcher uses MoveEx to tell Windows to move file from \new to system32 on reboot

{reboot + file is copied}

mmmm.. tango

my huge collection of wallpapers... i don't think i have enough cd rw discs to store them all. well if i try this, i only want the icons not anything else... so i'll try it. well if i just choose the icons will it mess with anything in registry? that's what happened with flyakiteosx i didn't like un-installed did a reboot and whamo no more windows

Edited by kincade

Hey guys, I can't come up with some good tango battery images (for the iPod). Everything I try just doesn't look right. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me complete the main interface, I would most appreciate it. The files are attached.

Thank you,

-teh

Hey guys, I can't come up with some good tango battery images (for the iPod). Everything I try just doesn't look right. If anyone wouldn't mind helping me complete the main interface, I would most appreciate it. The files are attached.

Thank you,

-teh

Can you change the size of the image it's asking for? If you can do that, you could borrow the gnome-power-manager stuff pretty easily. I guess the SVG could be tweaked to work well with it, possibly, as well, but that's actual work :p

Can you change the size of the image it's asking for? If you can do that, you could borrow the gnome-power-manager stuff pretty easily. I guess the SVG could be tweaked to work well with it, possibly, as well, but that's actual work :p

as far as I know, they need to stay the same size to work properly.