[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

• 2 weeks later...

I think the update has something to do with the E3 Videos and Content that Moore talked about watching 'Live'. Perhaps adding more servers to account for the expected server load. Or maybe they're updating the Camera support since the camera is supposed to be released in May. Also, I hope background downloading finally gets supported! :)

I think the update has something to do with the E3 Videos and Content that Moore talked about watching 'Live'. Perhaps adding more servers to account for the expected server load. Or maybe they're updating the Camera support since the camera is supposed to be released in May. Also, I hope background downloading finally gets supported! :)

In Major Nelson's recent audio blog he has made it clear that the down time is for maintenance and there isn't going to be a dashboard upgrade :(

Supposedly it's for Xbox live, xbox.com and the forums, so probably something to do with content @ E3 or more community features.

I don't think it's long before we do see a dashboard upgrade though, sooner the better ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the speed pack for project gotham 3 do you have to unlock the cars in single player and could someone provide a list of the 12 please?

There should have been an XBL update yesterday concerning multiple downloads and background downloads.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919421/

With the spring auto-update of the Xbox Live service scheduled for May 23, 2006, you will have access to the Active Download feature in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

With an active downloads list, you receive the following benefits:

? Each item that you download is downloaded separately in the background. This lets you continue to use the console while you download an item.

? You can stream music, play DVDs or CDs, play arcade titles, and play games while you download an item from the marketplace.

? If you start to play an online game, the download is automatically paused while you play the game to help prevent game lag because of network congestion. This helps you receive the best online gaming experience that the network can provide.

? All downloads are associated with your profile. If a download is paused or if the download is interrupted, the download will resume the next time that you connect to Xbox Live.

? You can add items to the active downloads list at any time by selecting more items from the marketplace.

You will receive a notification in the Xbox Guide when an item starts to download and when the download is completed. You will also receive a notification if the download fails.

via Joystiq

There should have been an XBL update yesterday concerning multiple downloads and background downloads.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919421/

With the spring auto-update of the Xbox Live service scheduled for May 23, 2006, you will have access to the Active Download feature in the Xbox Live Marketplace.

With an active downloads list, you receive the following benefits:

? Each item that you download is downloaded separately in the background. This lets you continue to use the console while you download an item.

? You can stream music, play DVDs or CDs, play arcade titles, and play games while you download an item from the marketplace.

? If you start to play an online game, the download is automatically paused while you play the game to help prevent game lag because of network congestion. This helps you receive the best online gaming experience that the network can provide.

? All downloads are associated with your profile. If a download is paused or if the download is interrupted, the download will resume the next time that you connect to Xbox Live.

? You can add items to the active downloads list at any time by selecting more items from the marketplace.

You will receive a notification in the Xbox Guide when an item starts to download and when the download is completed. You will also receive a notification if the download fails.

via Joystiq

I did update yesterday, but I coudn't see any difference.

no dashboard update for me? i went to download some stuff and i pressed "b" after the first download started and it did what it normally did...cancel lol

whens this update out?

Sounds like a good update. I'm glad they're reorganizing the marketplace and am really glad they've added the option to boot to Dashboard. The download queue is the most important to me. I just wish you could rearrange the order, but it's no biggie.

Yeah...I guess I can wait a week for this update ;)

Yeah, idling your console at the download screen is lame! Can't wait for the update.

Yeah, this update is much needed :D.