[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

i'm confused...so there's an update, but there are also no changes? what exactly is it doing?

Pretty much. I think it just opens a pipeline for developers to be able to release their patches once they are approved by microsoft. This would explain the horrible absence of title updates over the past few months as developers might not have been able to release them. I also hope this means clan support will finally be available through Xbox Live. Anyways, we will know if call of duty 2, doa 4, or pdz get patched soon. I'm betting they do before Graw hits because i have a theory MS was holding back patches to keep the launch games selling once new ones started hitting :o

Updated, with some of my thoughts lol

there should of been clan support built into xbox live to begin with ... a universal clan support since for its a universal name not like ps2 online

there should of been clan support built into xbox live to begin with ... a universal clan support since for its a universal name not like ps2 online

But what if your clan sucks in one game and you want to join another clan for that game? :laugh:

But what if your clan sucks in one game and you want to join another clan for that game? :laugh:

Yea, I think that's one of the main reasons why they didn't do clans. Usually you select your clan based on their skill level in a specific game. I don't see any benefit at all in having a game-independant clan system. I'm sure it's easy to implement a clan system in Xbox 360 games, however, with the new XNA/Xbox Live SDK.

Then you've found yourself a rare clan. Congratulations. (Y)

yeah, but chances are it would be huge. It would be known as a good clan and would pick the best from each game. But it would be held in high regard when ever you play with someone from that clan cause well you know they are good.

yeah, but chances are it would be huge. It would be known as a good clan and would pick the best from each game. But it would be held in high regard when ever you play with someone from that clan cause well you know they are good.

Yes, but again, how many of those clans would exist successfully? If a clan really is that good then it's members would be recognized as being really good if they are from such a well known clan, even if it is just in one game. I don't know, it's just my opinion, but I don't really see the point in global clans. Maybe if there were global clans where you can also have game-dependant clans at the same time, but that might get messy/confusing. Ah, who knows.

Dead or Alive 4 update

Finally the Dead or Alive 4 update is available, just boot up your game and it?s ready for download. The savegame bug should finally be fixed and they?ve also reset the leaderboards. Not much more information available, but we?ll keep you updated.

Source

I allmost freaked out when I saw that after the patch was installed I was prompted to choose a place where to save my profile, I thought for a second that everything was erased.

It's also great that I could reset my stats as I got glitched to SS and it would have taken days to get back to C+.

if you dont have xbox live, is it possible to download these updates to your pc, burn them to a cd, and then put them on your 360?

if you dont have xbox live, is it possible to download these updates to your pc, burn them to a cd, and then put them on your 360?

Not at the moment.

starblobl: Why not make a free Silver account just to get the updates?

i would, but i dont have a router, so i need to find a few more metres of cable before i can connect it to my pc to share internet

i would, but i dont have a router, so i need to find a few more metres of cable before i can connect it to my pc to share internet

I see, but if all you want is the update, then just move your 360 for a few mins while you get the update and then put everything back, eh? :)

I just read this.

The System Update will also be distributed in upcoming game discs, magazine discs, and even through the retail kiosks.

well, i eventuall managed to connect to live. I had to use two scart cables, an old video player as a link between them, two ethernet cables, and a power lead extension thing. But I finally connected it! Then i spent an hour trying to get it to connect, it got stuck on teh DNS part. But i eventually got it to work, and even had a quick game of COD2 before someoen tripped and yanked teh wire out :p

well, i eventuall managed to connect to live. I had to use two scart cables, an old video player as a link between them, two ethernet cables, and a power lead extension thing. But I finally connected it! Then i spent an hour trying to get it to connect, it got stuck on teh DNS part. But i eventually got it to work, and even had a quick game of COD2 before someoen tripped and yanked teh wire out :p

Why not get a router of some sorts (maybe wireless if it's normally too far), you can usually find really good Wireless Router/Wireless Ethernet Adapter deals for pretty cheap online.

A handful of new updates:

There are some title updates that were released earlier today. Here is the complete list:

King Kong

Xbox 360 Arcade: Smash TV

Toryumon

Xbox 360 Arcade: Hardwood Hearts

Madden NFL 06

To get the update, you?ll have to be connected to Xbox Live and start the title.

MajorNelson