[OFFICIAL] X360 Dashboard/Game Updates

Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer Patch Released

After over two months of rumors and speculation, the day noone thought would ever come is now upon thee: booting up Call of Duty 2 will get you a new multiplayer patch from Xbox Live immediately. And even more surprising, it actually seems to solve all the problems players have been experiencing!

Confirmed by our initial testing:

* Can actively host a game now.

* Lobbies fully implemented including game options and pre-game smack talk.

* Hoster can kick players.

* Private matches are allowed.

* You can select any map of choice.

* Score and time limits configurable.

* Post-game lobby after the game is over.

* Can invite players to game.

* You can see enemy names in-game.

* No noticeable lag continously disrupting games.

It almost looks like they made a multiplayer game out of it! So, anyone wanna play some GRAW now or were people still actually waiting for this?

Xboxic

Edited by magik

i tried the COD2 patch last night, and i was never able to connect to any lobby :(

i created my own lobby, and nobody joined either.

any idea whats goin on?

i tried the COD2 patch last night, and i was never able to connect to any lobby :(

i created my own lobby, and nobody joined either.

any idea whats goin on?

Same problem here, but I think that's because there's currently a problem with my Upstream, working with OOL to get that fixed. So I'll get back to you when I can test with full speeds.

Microsoft Game Studios confirmed new content for "Project Gotham Racing? 3," including exciting cars and achievements. Fans of "Perfect Dark ZeroTM" will have access to additional content, including downloadable multiplayer maps. Additionally, the unique experience of "KameoTM: Elements of PowerTM" will be extended through new online cooperative gameplay options and exciting new costumes for Kameo and her warriors.

Okay I didn't get the upstream problem sorted out yet but today I played a couple Multiplayer matches on CoD2 and it seemed fine, no lag and I was easily able to create/find matches. Fun stuff! :D

Okay I didn't get the upstream problem sorted out yet but today I played a couple Multiplayer matches on CoD2 and it seemed fine, no lag and I was easily able to create/find matches. Fun stuff! :D

Nice, that sounds like some good stuff.

So the COD2 patch (the one that fixes lag and adds custom games) was released?

Yeap, it's a great update, really brings the multiplayer aspect on par with other quality multiplayer titles.

Microsoft Game Studios confirmed new content for "Project Gotham Racing? 3," including exciting cars and achievements. Fans of "Perfect Dark ZeroTM" will have access to additional content, including downloadable multiplayer maps. Additionally, the unique experience of "KameoTM: Elements of PowerTM" will be extended through new online cooperative gameplay options and exciting new costumes for Kameo and her warriors.

The Project Gotham 3 new contents sounds good to me :DD ...does anyone know if it will cost extra to download or be free to whoever owns the game? I'm guessing it will probally cost extra..considering that is what they did with Project Gotham 2

What really annoys me is even now you still gotta pay to download the two booster packs for PGR2, I was hoping they do what Bungie did (charge to begin with, then after awhile make it free to everyone) but they didn't :((

i want my PDZ updates and new maps!!!

lol, you reckon 2moros gonna be the day, they like updating on tuesdays...

Not sure where oddcrap is, he's falling behind in the updates to this thread, but anyway, I'll attempt to pick up the slack:

Big Updates Coming for the 360

Xbox Advanced Technology Group director Scott Henson spoke about a number of possible changes in the Xbox360 software in an online interview with T3. He's not willing to name specifics at this time, but he said the improvements are likely to be based on user requests.

Top user requests include upgrades to the music player and support for streaming movie and music playback from all PCs, rather than just those running Microsoft's Windows Media Centre software.

Another possibility is that downloads can be run in the background, and this means you can use your xbox while you're waiting for that slow download. This feature was highly requested by the community, but didn't make it in the first 'big' dashboard update. It's still unknown what you'll be able to do while downloading. Best case scenario is that you'll be able to play games on Live without too much lag.

Henson also mentioned HD-DVD, nothing really new on that front, but he confirmed that this piece of add-on hardware will only be used for movies in the foreseeable future. But hey, didn't Microsoft tell us that a Core system was able to play every game?

While there's no saying on when this possible dashboard update might come out, there is a chance it's combined with the update needed for the Xbox360 Webcam. According to a previous article on Xboxic, the webcam should arrive in May, but don't pin us on this.

Xboxic

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

Backwards Compatibility list has been updated and it says "List updated February 2006"

ONLY SIX NEW GAMES ADDED!

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon? 2

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon? 2 Summit Strike

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six? 3 Black Arrow?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell? Chaos Theory?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell? Pandora Tomorrow?

Quite Pathetic if you ask me!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardco...tygameslist.htm

Backwards Compatibility list has been updated and it says "List updated February 2006"

ONLY SIX NEW GAMES ADDED!

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon™ 2

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon? 2 Summit Strike

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six? 3 Black Arrow™

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell?

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell? Chaos Theory™

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell? Pandora Tomorrow™

Quite Pathetic if you ask me!

Maybe, but me and my friends have been waiting for Chaos Theory support for a long time.

Maybe, but me and my friends have been waiting for Chaos Theory support for a long time.

all 6 that he said are new have been there for a couple months already...

i have been playing chaos theory on the 360 since last year.