IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5

IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5  

626 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser do you now prefer?

• Internet Explorer 7 Preview
    • Mozilla Firefox 1.5

I like IE7. I also like firefox a lot. IE feels faster to me, and has a better response when loading multiple tabs. Firefox has a beautiful download manager, and it manages passwords better, at least I think so. I also like Firefox's autoscroll icon. mwsbgg.png

That is just sad for IE, it looks like crap. I really like both browsers though, I just think IE wins in performance, and Firefox in custimization and managers (download manager, password manager)

I just think IE wins in performance, and Firefox in custimization and managers (download manager, password manager)

Really? IE is dog slow compaired to my firefox

I have IE 7, and I do like it. Even as a beta, it's a vast improvement over IE 6. However, I'm keeping Firefox 1.5 as my default browser. Whether I switch back to IE permanently or not depends on how the final release of IE 7 is.

It would appear that the only thing that IE7 has fixed is PNG transparency.

Sure, Microsoft forges ahead with "new" features (read: all other browsers already have them, and have had them for years), but they haven't spent enough time fixing their flaws. My homepage relies on workarounds to ensure compatibility with IE6 and below. I excluded IE7 from the hacks thinking that all these CSS shortcomings would be fixed. I see now that I was mistaken.

You do realize that it's a preview of a beta of a final release? Things will change, the reason it's being release to public is so that the public can tell microsoft what's still not working. Some people can't get live mail to work while others can't even install it. It's not customizable, because things will still change. Just my two cents.

The main reason I use IE is because of of Outlook Web Access, which still doesn't work in IE7. Back to IE6.

Edit: Finally works after I add OWA to trusted zone; imported security zones must have some big change from IE6-->IE7

You must have done something screwy to your configuration, because I had no problems at all with OWA in IE7 Beta 1, or Beta 2 Preview.

Thanks, but I'll keep Firefox for now. The current version of IE 7 and previous one are to cluttered, scattered, non-customizable and amateurish for my taste. Microsoft seems to be struggling too much to imitate the Aqua interface of OS X with their flashy buttons. Sorry it doesn't work for me. On a positive note, IE 7 is a definite speed improvement, and can be faster than Firefox at times. However, speed isn't everything...in the "whole-browser" paradigm.

I've not really used FF too much to be honest so cant really give proper comparison of the two.

But I have just installed IE7 and am so far very impressed.

Gonna take me a while to get used to this tab browsing lark, but looking forward to the future :)

I like, its very nice. The interface will take a bit of getting used to, but the overall feature set (Quick tabs w/page previews is cool) is very nice.

Well done Microsoft!

I'm moving now back to IE.

IE7 faster now for me and this damn hogging memory Firefox, is starting to annoy me.

I got only one question. How can I move my bookmarks from firefox, to IE?

The UI for IE 7 is awful. Simply awful. It makes no sense logically, is hard for a prior user to grasp, and it just plain SUCKS.

I am all for UI innovation, when it actually makes logical sense and is drop dead easy to learn. IE 7 is nowhere near that.

And don't tell me that this is just beta. You don't ship a UI like this in Beta 2 without 90%+ of it staying for the final version. It is too far in the development process to change without significant delays.

Firefox got it right. IE 7 is so wrong.

The UI for IE 7 is awful. Simply awful.
Yeah, you hate it. We know. You've only posted it 10 times already. Just go back to Firefox, and STFU about IE7. Complaining about it on here isn't going to do any good.

Seems to run good on some machines and bad on others. As I posted in another thread, one machine I installed it on it used 80% cpu when loading pages and took like 30 seconds or more to load them.

The lack of advanced tab functions in IE 7 is a show stopper for me. Tabbed browser extensions for Firefox beats it hands down.

Firefox has my vote for the time being. (although I prefer Konqueror over all).

Yeah, you hate it. We know. You've only posted it 10 times already. Just go back to Firefox, and STFU about IE7. Complaining about it on here isn't going to do any good.

At least he wrote more than you did.

There is nothing wrong with a person who likes to express his opinion a lot. If we don't like it we can pretend we didn't see it. The way you are telling him what to do sounds more like trolling to me. So please let's go back to the topic and talk about the BROWSERS ONLY.

For some reason IE7 Beta takes longer time to launch and load websites for me. But Firefox does use more and more memory over time. If the final version of IE7 let me go back to its classical UI then I would definitely switch back to IE.

Now last time I checked, I can read, so putting those skills to use I discovered that this thread is called IE7 Preview Vs Firefox 1.5

Using those same reading skills, I have come to the conclusion that his opinions on IE7 are very valid for this thread to meet the criteria set forth by the title. His opinions are just as valid as yours or mine. At least he contributed to the thread.

Like I said before, I voted for Firefox but in all honesty, I don't care anymore. Safari beats both :D

Switched to Firefox about 6 months before IE7 Beta 1... and thinking about it neutrally (i.e. non-fanboy), I couldn't recommend it enough. My IE installation (whether it be 6 or 7) slows DRAMATICALLY on every installation. I really, really cannot grasp why people love IE so much. I do somehow like the IE7 UI but that is not enough. Firefox is SOOOOO incredibly flexible. You can fully skin it's UI with themes and add excellent new functionality using one of its thousands of extensions. Not only that but it renders web pages *properly* (see Acid2)

So yeah, FF gets my vote ;)

You do realize that it's a preview of a beta of a final release? Things will change, the reason it's being release to public is so that the public can tell microsoft what's still not working. Some people can't get live mail to work while others can't even install it. It's not customizable, because things will still change. Just my two cents.

I dont think he missed that point.

But with a release at this stage of the game -and in this clear example we can see the only work has been done in the GUI- and with all the critics on IE being about adhering to standards .. well ... :whistle: I really expected to see this "IE is not compliant" debate finally over and MS showing in the first public release that they "listen" to their followers.

Now the performance boost is probably due to some debugging/removing of existing "unnecessary" code. I dont know.

I hope it lasts until final release and not face again i-dont-know-what-this-thing-is-doing moments.

About adhering to standards ... well, i hope is one of MS' goals for next release. So far, to me, it looks to me they have been skinning it only.