Official 2006 F1 Season Discussion

Ok, people, here are the qualifying results, courtesy a screenshot of the Live Timing section of F1.com

baharainqual9px.png

Happy to see that Michaels back on P1. :) :D :rolleyes:

Also here is the new qualifying pattern for 2006 from F1.com

Qualifying

For 2006, the single-lap system used in recent years is replaced be a new three-part, knockout format, with multiple cars on track throughout the qualifying hour, which is split into two 15-minute sessions and a final 20-minute session, with five-minute breaks in between.

Part one: All 22 cars may run laps at any time during the first 15 minutes of the hour. At the end of the first 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill the final six grid places.

Part two: After a five-minute break, the times will be reset and the 16 remaining cars then will then run in a second 15-minute session - again they may complete as many laps as they want at any time during that period. At the end of the 15 minutes, the six slowest cars drop out and fill places 11 to 16 on the grid.

Part three: After another five-minute break, the times are reset and the final 20-minute session will feature a shootout between the remaining 10 cars to decide pole position and the starting order for the top 10 grid places. Again, these cars may run as many laps as they wish.

In the first two 15-minute sessions, cars may run any fuel load and drivers knocked out after those sessions may refuel ahead of the race. However, the top-ten drivers must begin the final 20-minute session with the fuel load on which they plan to start the race. They will be weighed before they leave the pits, and whatever fuel they use in the 20 minutes may be replaced at the end of the session.

If a driver is deemed to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during the qualifying session, then his times will be cancelled.

Now that qualifying is so much better.....

I think this season is gonna be the best one for years, and the Maclarens look fantastic in that crome colour scheme.

Come on Button make this the year to shine....

I cant believe Raikkonen's luck. If he actually had a bit of luck he would of won the Championship in 2003 and 2005. Good luck to him for tomorrow (Y)

Shame Schumacher beat Ayrton Senna's pole positions record though, Senna only had 10 seasons in Formula 1 in which he achieved 65 poles, whereas Schumacher is entering his 16th season. How many more would Senna have got?

R.I.P Ayrton Senna, you where indeed the best race driver of all time :(

Very good race. "Race" being the keyword. :p

Alonso and Renault did a fantastic job to turn 2nd into 1st under the circumstances. Kimi did very good too, although he didn't seem very pleased with it. :/

Also good to see Button back on form, although he let himself down in a few areas. Plenty of time left though. Rosberg had an impressive debut too. :)

Awesome Race! But i wanted to see Kimi or Schumi on the first step hmm.gif

Also Kimi did very good for himself. And that new lad, Nico, he drove the fastest lap on his first race!!! his time is 1:32.406! Cool. Not satisfied with Massa's result considering that he was second on the grid.

Awesome Race! But i wanted to see Kimi or Schumi on the first step hmm.gif

Also Kimi did very good for himself. And that new lad, Nico, he drove the fastest lap on his first race!!! his time is 1:32.406! Cool. Not satisfied with Massa's result considering that he was second on the grid.

Massa did wreck things for himself by spinning but that only cost him about 10 seconds, Ferrari cocked it up for him in the pit stop when he lost a whole minute.

I am pleased to see Alonso win because I like him, I would of preferred Kimi to win though! Alonso and Renault did well as their teamwork was impeccable, Kimi did amazingly well to get to third as well.

Promising season for McLaren hopefully, but as long as Ferrari dont win any of the titles I will be happy.

Bring on the rest of the season! :D

I think ITV sometimes repeat it early in the morning.

I only bits of it today.

I just hope mclaren have sorted out their problems with the cars and give kimi a great car. i really really want him to win i think he is just a great driver.

Nico Rosberg i think can do great. he's like only 20 or something.

Christian Klien seems to be coming on well and had a nice little battle with Roseberg

I think these 2 can have a great season.

I think ITV sometimes repeat it early in the morning.

I only bits of it today.

I just hope mclaren have sorted out their problems with the cars and give kimi a great car. i really really want him to win i think he is just a great driver.

Nico Rosberg i think can do great. he's like only 20 or something.

Christian Klien seems to be coming on well and had a nice little battle with Roseberg

I think these 2 can have a great season.

Niko Rosberg is the son of Keke Rosberg who was a World Champions. So yeah, he does have a lot of potential :p

Great race earlier today. :) Schumi and Ferrari looks to be back in action more for real this time around, but also with Renault being there. :) Hopefully this will be a good and even season. :)

The race was amazing today, especially when Alonso pulls out of the pits and Schumacher just nearly gets passed, certainly had me on the end of my seat. Just hope Ferrari win next week, great to see them back in top form again!

Barichlio didn't do well, What happend to him?

Barrichello lost 3rd gear, so the car wasn't as fast as it could be (seems kinda silly that Honda have done 20000 Ks, and only when it gets to race day, does the gearbox fail). Shame, because I was looking forward to seeing how he performed in a new team. Always felt that he was being surpressed from driving for himself at Ferrari. :(

We dont have to wait long for the next round.

Malaysia this weekend :D

Yea...and it should be an exiting race. Will be tough for the engines. The engines have already taken the thrashing of Bahrain's heat and now Malaysia's heat and humidity, so ultimate test for the engines. The Friday Practice showed good pace from the top teams. Qualifying is tomorrow. The new format is quite exiting.

Great race today in Malaysia. :D

Double victory for Renault, and a great race by Button. Shame that Honda are still struggling to make the car quicker. Ferrari did a good job too, to get from near the back, into the points.

Shame about Kimi again, the guy gets no luck :(

Rosberg was unlucky as well, it's very rare that Cosworth engines fail and two of them did yesterday! Montoya had a poor race as well.

I was hoping Raikonnen and Button would be 1-2! Oh well! It did not happen.

Anyways... it was a awsome race though!

kimi just has not luck at all!

• 2 weeks later...

The Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne is this weekend, I personally cannot wait but I am not getting up at 04:00 in the morning to watch it. I just hope Kimi and McLaren get a bit more luck.

Qualifying in 6 hours and 42 minutes. It will be 07:00 AM in Moscow and I will definitely watch it.

I just hope Kimi and McLaren get a bit more luck.

yea, me too...