[Contest] $100 for Site Layout and Logo

Question

Uptifree.com Contest:

The past couple weeks I have been redesigning the entire backend of the site. Now that its just about done, its time for the front end. I'm not any good with graphic design, so I thought I would offer the opportunity for someone to make some money!!!

Payment:

Winner will receive $100.

Payment will be made via PayPal Only.

Guidlines:

Try to keep things simple.

Nothing hard to navigate.

Currently, I'm open to all color schemes. As long as it's not bright pink/lime green, etc.

Must be original, no copycat designs.

Must have spaces for Google ads.

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

No coding required. This is for the images only.

Timeframe:

This contest will end on Tuesday March 7th, 2006 at 9:00 AM PST. At that time, no further entries will be accepted.

Picking the Winner:

Once the contest is over (see above), I will start a poll. At that time Neowin members will be able to vote for their favorite design. This does not guarantee that the most voted design will win, as I will pick the winner but the poll will weigh heavily on my decision.

Current Mockup:

Here is the current mockup of the redesign. So keep this in mind when making your design.

210.jpeg

Final Words:

Good luck to all, and may the best design win!

Edited by voidunknown

Can I just ask, are all these designs made in photoshop or are they actual pages?

Also for my 2 cence i would say that the simpler the design the better. Half of these designs would scare alot of people off. Looks more like software programmes than web pages.

Can I just ask, are all these designs made in photoshop or are they actual pages?

Also for my 2 cence i would say that the simpler the design the better. Half of these designs would scare alot of people off. Looks more like software programmes than web pages.

Half the designs are impossible or unfeasible to recreate in HTML.

350.jpeg

The litte info balloon is supposed to popup on mouseover the browse button, hidden otherwise.

When I visited the site today it was littered by ads, hope that's trial or temporary or something.

nitpicking here but that design looks like the WMP for mac logo monochromed and rotated 90degrees

Oh yes it does, never seen the mac one but I have seen the usual WMP logo and it never struck me that it looked like it (which basically is a play button).

So to eliminate that I changed it abit, nothing else have changed.

363.jpeg

urge,

i used a larger version of the attached stock photo of a chain.

cut it out, shrunk it....duplicated it a couple times to make it longer and line it up...then i used the liquify tool to curve it...so on and so forth

post-14234-1141543946.jpg

i must say, this contest has turned out many excellent entries, and the feedback is yielding improved ones as well. therefore i have updated both of my entries, seen earlier in the topic. i might give a very simplistic design a try later, but the simplistic ones are quite plain to work with. tho keep the feedbacks coming, and good luck to every entry

Updated entries:

post-78113-1141547596_thumb.jpgpost-78113-1141547609_thumb.jpg

color variations are available for both entries

post-78113-1141547617_thumb.jpg

This thread makes me realise just how **** I am at photoshop! :( lol

Some great entries here, glad its not me deciding

i agree with everything you just said :yes:

350.jpeg

The litte info balloon is supposed to popup on mouseover the browse button, hidden otherwise.

When I visited the site today it was littered by ads, hope that's trial or temporary or something.

The best by far.

my third entry, very plain, and is like an extract of the other entries. im not really feeling it, maybe its just me. anyways

post-78113-1141621379_thumb.jpg

btw thanks for the comments