[Contest] $100 for Site Layout and Logo

Question

Uptifree.com Contest:

The past couple weeks I have been redesigning the entire backend of the site. Now that its just about done, its time for the front end. I'm not any good with graphic design, so I thought I would offer the opportunity for someone to make some money!!!

Payment:

Winner will receive $100.

Payment will be made via PayPal Only.

Guidlines:

Try to keep things simple.

Nothing hard to navigate.

Currently, I'm open to all color schemes. As long as it's not bright pink/lime green, etc.

Must be original, no copycat designs.

Must have spaces for Google ads.

Winner must be willing to help with other pages on the site (besides initial index page).

No coding required. This is for the images only.

Timeframe:

This contest will end on Tuesday March 7th, 2006 at 9:00 AM PST. At that time, no further entries will be accepted.

Picking the Winner:

Once the contest is over (see above), I will start a poll. At that time Neowin members will be able to vote for their favorite design. This does not guarantee that the most voted design will win, as I will pick the winner but the poll will weigh heavily on my decision.

Current Mockup:

Here is the current mockup of the redesign. So keep this in mind when making your design.

210.jpeg

Final Words:

Good luck to all, and may the best design win!

Edited by voidunknown

Please choose mail's it is the best for the type of site you want imo.

Nice and simple with alot of style!

All the other designs are amazing, It'll be SO hard for you to choose and it will be such a waste of good designs when the contest is over.

330.jpeg

331.jpeg

332.jpeg

Which one? :laugh:

I like the second one best. It would most suite the site. Remember when someone views an image, it will be displayed on the site with the header/logo and navigation links, so it can't really be wrapped in anything.

Hey pox dont mean to dis your logo but when I read it, it looks like Lupitup. lol LUP!!!! But I like the fill of the text, looks cool!

:rofl: lupitfree... rofl. yeah, mebbe that's not the best logo... i could obviously change it if the thread starter would like me to.

three ideas... what do you think? i like the second one, personally. have a full-view at them all, opinions? suggestoins?

I actually like the first one, then the third one, then the second one. The second one would work least of all 3 because it would wrap the view picture in that box, and the box wont expand. At least not in your design.

Hey pox dont mean to dis your logo but when I read it, it looks like Lupitup. lol LUP!!!! But I like the fill of the text, looks cool!

good point. LOL. :D

Pox, maybe try connecting the I to the P? Like this mockup I made for you.

340.jpeg

I would use it myself, but it's still your design. :p

Excellent idea. That looks better.

I actually like the first one, then the third one, then the second one. The second one would work least of all 3 because it would wrap the view picture in that box, and the box wont expand. At least not in your design.

good point. LOL. :D

actually, you could code this with a bit of effort... what you think?

post-101488-1141452475_thumb.jpg

and a few ideas for the logo:

post-101488-1141452548.png

Yea, its easily possible. But I don't like the dark table around the logo and navigation.

mmmk. so maybe the new logo with the first of those 3?

Good entries upto now, tough decision I think.

I thought I should have a go and give you another alternative. Three different colour schemes.

Any changes or anything you don't particularly like can be altered but here's the concepts.

Red

upitfree7sx.jpg

Black

upitfreeblack7al.jpg

Blue

upitfreeblue7qa.jpg

mmmk. so maybe the new logo with the first of those 3?

Yea, that should be good.

Good entries upto now, tough decision I think.

I thought I should have a go and give you another alternative. Three different colour schemes.

Any changes or anything you don't particularly like can be altered but here's the concepts.

Red

upitfree7sx.jpg

Black

upitfreeblack7al.jpg

Blue

upitfreeblue7qa.jpg

I like the blue one the best. Good design. I think the "Host" button needs more around it. He seems kinda lonely there. :)

You're seriously lucky void, you're having excellent designs litterally poored at you, as a designer there is nothing more rewarding then to outdesign the best and that's why I think you have soo many, with the first ones by mail, sundayx & co starting it.

If time presents itself I'll try myself on a simplified edition cause I really liked the simplicity in some of the later ones, I'd visit that site.

350.jpeg

The litte info balloon is supposed to popup on mouseover the browse button, hidden otherwise.

When I visited the site today it was littered by ads, hope that's trial or temporary or something.

350.jpeg

The litte info balloon is supposed to popup on mouseover the browse button, hidden otherwise.

When I visited the site today it was littered by ads, hope that's trial or temporary or something.

Thats nice. Welldone.

350.jpeg

I'm sort of annoyed now. First my design has the P and the I going together, then I see that Pox had a similiar idea so I gave up with that. Now, I see that your design has pretty much the same logo as mine.

I'm still using it though. I don't feel like doing it all over again :pinch: