Intel iMac running XP!

it's feasible. XP uses very little of the BIOS. I believe he'd be able to pull that off.

still... his inability to take decent pics is amazing :p

it's feasible. XP uses very little of the BIOS. I believe he'd be able to pull that off.

still... his inability to take decent pics is amazing :p

agreed :yes:

This is proof of nothing

well one of the problem is this stupid contest, because of the contest he obviously wont post what he did until he has a fully working solution......but then those shady pics arnt helping

edit: he deleted a comment that was saying he photoshoped the pics.... :shifty:

someone at work pointed out it might be fake..... look at this picture:

110650771_da2f1c889a.jpg?v=0

look at the bottom right corner of the screen.....

One error which has been bugging me is the option to "repair a copy of Windows XP". He couldn't have got that option if he didn't have Windows XP installed could he?

One error which has been bugging me is the option to "repair a copy of Windows XP". He couldn't have got that option if he didn't have Windows XP installed could he?

that's the recovery console option. it's always there.

the repair install is on the next screen when you press Enter :p

that's the recovery console option. it's always there.

the repair install is on the next screen when you press Enter :p

Oh I thought for SURE you could only do a repair IF Windows was already installed. My mistake.

I personally think it's fake for the main reason on that he won't share anything with anyone.

Oh I thought for SURE you could only do a repair IF Windows was already installed. My mistake.

I personally think it's fake for the main reason on that he won't share anything with anyone.

That's right though, you can't repair an installation that doesn't exist. The recovery console and a repair install are completely different things though.

That's right though, you can't repair an installation that doesn't exist. The recovery console and a repair install are completely different things though.

So then is the "To repair a Windows XP Installation" out of place? Or am I still going crazy?

I can't read it from the screenshot, but if memory serves it says "To repair a Windows XP installation using the recovery console, press R" on two lines.

Edit: Yeah, that's it:

ws40_newguest12.jpg

And for reference:

7.jpg

well one of the problem is this stupid contest, because of the contest he obviously wont post what he did until he has a fully working solution......but then those shady pics arnt helping

edit: he deleted a comment that was saying he photoshoped the pics.... :shifty:

he just edited the picture, now it's alot brighter so it shows why it looked photoshoped....now it looks fine.....might be real after all :D

he would be crazy to share anything!! think about it, there's 13000$on the line here

Maybe, but there's no way he can dual boot the two OSs. You can install either OSX or XP, but not both since the XP doesn't recognise the GPT partition table, and OSX won't boot from a legacy PC partition table.

Maybe, but there's no way he can dual boot the two OSs. You can install either OSX or XP, but not both since the XP doesn't recognise the GPT partition table, and OSX won't boot from a legacy PC partition table.

hence why you would have the CSM

There is a gateway computer that uses EFI, I don't know how they do it, but I guess it isn't all that impossible.

most likely they fully implemented the EFI which means it has a fully working CSM....sadly apple didnt do that

so i dont understand... you dont want people to have choice of what os they use with their mac so are you a communist?

I'm not quite sure you understand Communism. :)